Integrating external changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrating external changes?

What's the process to have the RA2 devices already in HS3 changed if there's edits made externally with Lutron's software?

What's the best method to avoid complications?

Is the plugin tracking them inside HS3 based on the Lutron IntegrationID? That is, if I use the button on the plug-in config page will it only add things with an IntegrationID it's never seen before?

I don't see doing this all that often. But during the initial stages of learning/configuring HS3 there's the potential for a lot of doing-and-re-doing stuff that could potentially get messy.

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
    What's the process to have the RA2 devices already in HS3 changed if there's edits made externally with Lutron's software?

What's the best method to avoid complications?

Is the plugin tracking them inside HS3 based on the Lutron IntegrationID? That is, if I use the button on the plug-in config page will it only add things with an IntegrationID it's never seen before?

I don't see doing this all that often. But during the initial stages of learning/configuring HS3 there's the potential for a lot of doing-and-re-doing stuff that could potentially get messy.
    I use the id from Lutron, so if you change the name of the device in Luton it won't change it in HS same for the location. For the button if you don't change the default name it won't appear in HS, if you change name of a Button it will update in HS. New device will be add if you press create device

So you can press it and will update the button and add new device, also I suggest when a new version is add GO to the config and press on create new device

Comment

Uh-oh. I had all my devices imported. I change the Floor name for almost all of them. From "LUTRONRA2" to names like "1st Floor", "Basement", etc.

I used the "Systems Create All New Devices That Don't Exist" button. It re-imported all of them again, and put the new ones into the "LUTRONRA2" floor again.

I checked the detail on each device. The first set, the ones I renamed, all have a number in the Address variable. The ones that just got imported have a string prefixing the address number.

One device is Address:54, the imported duplicate is Address:LutronRA2-Output-54

What's going on here?

Comment

Uh-oh. I had all my devices imported. I change the Floor name for almost all of them. From "LUTRONRA2" to names like "1st Floor", "Basement", etc.

I used the "Systems Create All New Devices That Don't Exist" button. It re-imported all of them again, and put the new ones into the "LUTRONRA2" floor again.

I checked the detail on each device. The first set, the ones I renamed, all have a number in the Address variable. The ones that just got imported have a string prefixing the address number.

One device is Address:54, the imported duplicate is Address:LutronRA2-Output-54

What's going on here?
        you had a very old version, delete the new device that was created, download the ver 42 and run the create new device, it should rename the new configuration of the address and keep your location.

Comment

What format of the Address variable is correct? The number alone or the "LutronRA2-Output-XX" string format?

Comment

What format of the Address variable is correct? The number alone or the "LutronRA2-Output-XX" string format?
            Now it is LutronRA2-Output-XX, is you run the ver 42 it should update your old one

Comment

Should I delete the recently created LutronRA2-Output-XX ones? I can select/delete them reasonably easily. Otherwise I'm guessing there'd be some overlap problems?

Comment

Should I delete the recently created LutronRA2-Output-XX ones? I can select/delete them reasonably easily. Otherwise I'm guessing there'd be some overlap problems?
                delete the recently created LutronRA2-Output-XX

Comment

Working...
                X