www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Ultra Scripts and Plug-Ins > UltraGCIR HSPI

UltraGCIR HSPI Discussion area for the UltraGCIR HSPI plugin.

Old July 31st, 2017, 12:34 AM
Seer Deluxe

Confused about Trigger codes and Learned Codes

Hi,

I can capture codes with the GC-IRE and use them as triggers. That works fine.

What I'm not understanding is how these codes are related to the codes that are learned using the GC-IRL and the iLearn program.

I don't have the IRL unit. I assumed the IRL could capture the same information, but I'm struggling to make that work. The Global Cache documentation is a bit confusing. They seem to state that the IRE should be able to work with iLearn, but iLearn won't connect.

What's the story with the codes that are used for triggers, versus the other IR codes? They seem different and the convert utility has no interest in converting from captured triggers to IR codes.

Thanks
Doug
Old July 31st, 2017, 05:21 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcKnight View Post
Hi,

I can capture codes with the GC-IRE and use them as triggers. That works fine.

What I'm not understanding is how these codes are related to the codes that are learned using the GC-IRL and the iLearn program.

I don't have the IRL unit. I assumed the IRL could capture the same information, but I'm struggling to make that work. The Global Cache documentation is a bit confusing. They seem to state that the IRE should be able to work with iLearn, but iLearn won't connect.

What's the story with the codes that are used for triggers, versus the other IR codes? They seem different and the convert utility has no interest in converting from captured triggers to IR codes.

Thanks
Doug
In my experience, it's best to learn the IR code so it can be matched the next time it's received. While it may be possible to use a code from the Global Cache database, I have not been able to get it working on my system. That's why I recommend capturing the IR codes if you're going to use them to trigger a HomeSeer event.

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old August 1st, 2017, 12:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

Yes, I have been able to capture codes and use them as triggers.
What I'm not understanding is how to use that same code as a *transmit* code. How to I translate the captured pattern, e.g. ABBCCBCCBCCC to an IR code to transmit. It looks like Hex, but the conversion utility reckons it's not properly formatted.

Thanks
Doug