Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed

Hi to all on the forum.

I'm looking for some advise on possible solutions please.

I recently got Somfy motorised blinds which I would now like to control via Homeseer.

I looked at the Somfy ZRTSI but can't justify the price.

So i was looking at the RFXtrx433E.

However my homeseer PC is on the 3rd floor of the building and my blinds are on the ground floor. The transmitter doesn't send signals that far.

What are my options please.

I know I could move my homeseer PC to the ground floor, but I really don't want a pc in that room.

Thoughts please?

Thanks

Do you have the option to extend the USB connection using a powered USB extender?

Or powered CatXX USB extenders. (baluns).

Here keep the Homeseer server(s) in the basement which is below ground level and surrounded by some 12-14" concrete footing.

I have RF stuff in the attic of a two story home connected to the basement mothership via LAN or Serial (extender RS232 baluns).

The work was mostly relating to cabling.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Advice needed

I agree with @Pete. Network to USB hub or serial adapter should allow you to run a LAN cable from your third floor to your main floor then connect it to the network to USB hub device. Then the HS3 server needs to be configured to communicate with the USB hub (probably need a driver) check this one out.

http://hallresearch.com/page/Product...s/page/U22-160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Both for your prompt responses.

I will investigate the extenders.

Thanks
        JW

Comment

Comment

Here we kept the RFXCOM with the homeseer server and got a remote antenna that we put outside. Weather station and pool thermometer all get great reception. If your blinds are on the same side of the house the external antenna would certainly reach downstairs to the RTS motors.
            Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
            | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
            Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
            BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Did you find a good solution?

Originally posted by Junglewave View Post
              Hi to all on the forum.

I'm looking for some advise on possible solutions please.

I recently got Somfy motorised blinds which I would now like to control via Homeseer.

I looked at the Somfy ZRTSI but can't justify the price.

So i was looking at the RFXtrx433E.

However my homeseer PC is on the 3rd floor of the building and my blinds are on the ground floor. The transmitter doesn't send signals that far.

What are my options please.

I know I could move my homeseer PC to the ground floor, but I really don't want a pc in that room.

Thoughts please?

Thanks
              Have you settled on the RFXCom ? I am in a similar situation.

Comment

Working...
              X