Noob seeking restore advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob seeking restore advice

Noob here (sadly, every post of mine starts like this). Please don't assume I know anything :-) I am not a script user!

Zee S2 running in a vacation home, and techs helped me determine that the Z-wave wireless has died. I bought a new Zee S2 that I need to replace the bad unit.

It's a simple system there. I use it to control door lock, a couple of thermostats and some lights. Maybe a dozen nodes in all. I have some simple events constructed. I am hoping to NOT have to build it all back from scratch.

In the tools / setup, I was able to backup the config. I was rewarded with three files : config, data, scripts.

I've got the new box sitting here in my primary home. I went through the find.homeseer procedure, found the new Zee S2, and registered it. I then updated the firmware to 3.0.0.318.

I then clicked "restore" and nav'd to the "config" file. I waited my 120 seconds.

I then did the same with "data" and "scripts". The only thing that appeared to do anything was data... I saw what appeared to be a data transfer happening. After the 120 seconds, I was rewarded with what appeared to be all my devices, and even my events. (I didn't check plugins which were HS Touch and Z-Wave).

Questions :

1) Am I done? Can I bring this new Zee S2 to my cabin, swap with my other unit and live happily ever after? Or am I still missing a process?

2) Now, when I log into myhs.homeseer.com, how does the magic of the internet know which Zee S2 I am talking to? Seems like it would not know which one to use.

3) Any advice, especially with simple instructions and avoidance of acronyms will be valued more than you can guess :-)

Thanks for reading through this.

Frank
Working...
X