Trigger Event from UPB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Event from UPB

Want to trigger a HS event from a button push on a UPB switch.
    Configured the UPB switch to transmit (it is a Simply Automated US240) to transmit link "HS test link" assigned to a button configured - link activated and save and exported and disconnected. The UPB works fine.

Created an event:
    Device UPB Device Link HS Sound Link Test changed to status *Any*

Now when I push my new button I think an event should trigger.

HS receives a UPB input:

9/12/2011 06:42:06 AM UPB Link Pkt Rep Req: 0 (None) D Len: 9 Ack Req: 0 (None) Trns Cnt: 1 Seq Num: 0 Net ID: 246 Src ID: 8 Dest ID: 21 D Bytes: 2 Msg: !( 1)Device Control-( 0)Activate Link! V 255, 255
    9/12/2011 06:42:07 AM UPB Link Pkt Rep Req: 0 (None) D Len: 9 Ack Req: 0 (None) Trns Cnt: 1 Seq Num: 1 Net ID: 246 Src ID: 8 Dest ID: 21 D Bytes: 2 Msg: !( 1)Device Control-( 0)Activate Link! V 255, 255

but does not trigger event?

Why does HS not see a UPB link activate, am I missing a setup requirement?

Thanks in advance.
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

If I'm reading this correctly i think you've run into a small glitch in how HS keeps tabs on status. If your device link status is at "activate" and you push your button that sets it to activate then the status does not change and no events get run since it didn't change.

Try using the "value becomes equal to" trigger as opposed to the status changing. You don't say what you use the event for but if you don't use "deactivate" for anything it could be as simple as having a delayed action to change that link to "deactivate" a few seconds later so it's ready for the next time you push that button.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Link as a trigger.

I changed the event to "changed to ON" that is the only similiar to what you suggested.....any status, set ON, unknown as the other choices in the plugin.

no trigger from link =

9/12/2011 03:56:11 PM UPB Link Pkt Rep Req: 0 (None) D Len: 9 Ack Req: 0 (None) Trns Cnt: 1 Seq Num: 0 Net ID: 246 Src ID: 8 Dest ID: 21 D Bytes: 2 Msg: !( 1)Device Control-( 0)Activate Link! V 255, 255
      9/12/2011 03:56:11 PM UPB Link Pkt Rep Req: 0 (None) D Len: 9 Ack Req: 0 (None) Trns Cnt: 1 Seq Num: 1 Net ID: 246 Src ID: 8 Dest ID: 21 D Bytes: 2 Msg: !( 1)Device Control-( 0)Activate Link! V 255, 255

so HS see the link but HS will not trigger from it.

My event is;

Button Device UPB Device Link HS Sound Link Test changed to status *On*
      WHEN
      Everyday
      Last ran: Today 06:39 AM

see image of event.

Not sure what is the issue?
      Attached Files

Comment

I believe I explained it poorly. the wife tells me I'd make a terrible teacher, she's right

Links don't really have an on or off status so HomeSeer doesn't easily recognize it. Using the value is what I use. A small example maybe would work better than my crappy directions.

This link is set to activate or deactivate via a keypad button in the kitchen. In turn it sets the mealtime scene up, lights, announcement, music, etc.
        Attached Files
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Links work well!

Nightwalker that was the piece..... I am link happy and UPB is getting a workout from HS.

Create a link and then either activate or de-activate it = what ever it is designed to do. Works for me.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X