No announcement yet.

Remote Desktop - Let go my Audio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I start HS by having it in my startup folder. The bat file is located on the "remote" PC and instead of disconnecting by selecting the X or using Start > Disconnect, I simply double click on the .bat file that includes the lines previously posted. This "should" display a message that states the RDP session was disconnected. Using this method leave the "remote" machine logged in.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
      I start HS by having it in my startup folder. The bat file is located on the "remote" PC and instead of disconnecting by selecting the X or using Start > Disconnect, I simply double click on the .bat file that includes the lines previously posted. This "should" display a message that states the RDP session was disconnected. Using this method leave the "remote" machine logged in.
      Very Interesting,

Any chace of posting the "Remote" BAT FILE?
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,
        I created a new text file and named it disconnect.bat and added this one line to the file:

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
          Gogs,
          I created a new text file and named it disconnect.bat and added this one line to the file:

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console
          Rupp, I presume this BAT is on the host and not the remote, but is being called from the remote?

What is "tscon.exe"?

Thinking about it, it would have to be on the remote, perhaps not.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

It HAS to be on the machine your are visting (remote machine). I have no idea what tscon.exe is but it works.

Comment

Gogs:

Make a shortcut on the desktop of the REMOTE computer and make it's properties look like this:
              Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Works a treat.
                sigpic

Comment

Guys,

I still have No Joy on this. What could be different on my box?

I have XP Pro setup to auto login to my DOUG account, then auto-run HS and HS Speaker.

Comment

I was a little hasty in my above statement, it actually does nothing at all.

I had hit the shortcut, and walked away from the Remote computer - audio was working which I thought great, of course it was I was still in a remote session.

This topic is also being discussed here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=108687
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dslocum
                      Guys,

I still have No Joy on this. What could be different on my box?

I have XP Pro setup to auto login to my DOUG account, then auto-run HS and HS Speaker.
                      I use this on at least 7 or 8 computers at home and several at work and it always works like a champ. Have you looked in the event viewer to see if there are any clues?

Comment

Rupp,

Would it make any difference that the screen saver has come on and the HS computer requires log-on and password?
                        sigpic

Comment

Gogs,
                          It shouldn't since you would have to log back in to be able to double click on the .bat file that is located on your remote desktop.

Comment

Try unzipping this and put it on the desktop of the computer that is hosting the RDP session. Then, on the remote session, click this icon over the remote session and then the session should end.
                            Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Rupp, Bill,

Thanks for your help, and Bill for the file. It's actually as I had it set up, but.

Reading both your posts I think I may be trying to disconnect from the wrong computer.

Should I had the shortcut on the HS computer or on the remote one?
                              sigpic

Comment

The shortcut is on the HS computer. When you click it on the desktop of the HS computer, you are doing that from the REMOTE computer.

HS computer - in basement
                                Remote computer - at work.

Put the disconnect thing on the basement computer.
                                On the RDP session when you are looking at the basement computer, but you are on the work computer, you click on the HS computer disconnect icon over the RDP session. Then, that file is bring "run" on the HS computer and it will unhook the session from the basements computer's end.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X