Worcester-Bosch Boilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worcester-Bosch Boilers

For anyone in the UK with a Worcester-Bosch boiler - have a look at this compatible boiler controller http://salusheatingcontrols.co.uk/salus-it500-internet-thermostat-12-c.asp

I have asked them if they have an API we could use.

Scott

Just seen details of a Worcester Wave internet thermostat. Anyone got experience of this? Could it be integrated into HS3?

Any information ?

Cheers
    Scott

Comment

Just seen details of a Worcester Wave internet thermostat. Anyone got experience of this? Could it be integrated into HS3?
      I have just asked W-B that very question, as I am about to get my boiler replaced. I will let you know their response.

It would be good to be able to send the same commands as you can from a smartphone, and use HS3 to fully control it
      Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Originally posted by Traction Tim View Post
        I have just asked W-B that very question, as I am about to get my boiler replaced. I will let you know their response.

It would be good to be able to send the same commands as you can from a smartphone, and use HS3 to fully control it
        Brilliant - look forward to hearing what they say!

Scott

Comment

A bit of a let down, they simply stated that Wave had nothing to do with Z-Wave, and that I would need a data cable between the boiler and the Wave device.
          They didn't answer the query about a Homeseer plug-in, and didn't answer if I could emulate the android commands.
          If the price is right (estimate due today), then I will go ahead and have a play with it
          Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

A bit of a let down, they simply stated that Wave had nothing to do with Z-Wave, and that I would need a data cable between the boiler and the Wave device.
            They didn't answer the query about a Homeseer plug-in, and didn't answer if I could emulate the android commands.
            If the price is right (estimate due today), then I will go ahead and have a play with it
            As someone has managed to do a Nest plug-in, which is a similar device, then hopefully someone with more skill than I could do a plug-in.

Once you get it up and running, have a look to see if IFTT or Tasker could be used as an interface between HS3 and the Android app....

Scott

Comment

Well I've accepted the quote, so we will see what happens

Tim

Comment

Well I've accepted the quote, so we will see what happens

Tim
                How much was it, Tim?

Comment

How much was it, Tim?
                  Time for me to figure out how to use PM !

Comment

The Worcester Wave is now installed, and communicating well with my Android devices. A web search showed me that it is the same as the Nefit Easy (Netherlands), and they are about to get a web browser interface. Now I'm no programmer, but doesn't that make this a lot simpler to get HS3 control ?

Comment

The Worcester Wave is now installed, and communicating well with my Android devices. A web search showed me that it is the same as the Nefit Easy (Netherlands), and they are about to get a web browser interface. Now I'm no programmer, but doesn't that make this a lot simpler to get HS3 control ?
                      Don't know about that - it doesn't help with ELV MAX! TRVs. We will need to wait until it goes a bit more mainstream and someone looks at a plug-in

Comment

Not always unfortunately - as web pages have got more and more complex they have become a more difficult to trick and to impersonate them from elsewhere (like HS), you also run the risk that as soon as a change is made to the web site then it can break any script/plugin.

You are better off pestering them for an API to be released or frequently searching around because sometimes you find people will decipher stuff for other purposes like controlling it from a Raspberry Pi or something and you can look at what they have done.

Comment

Not always unfortunately -
                          Ah well, thanks for the update Mr Happy

I did a forum search on "Nefit" and found forum member Rien du Pre was doing an interface for an earlier Nefit thermostat (See thread 162840), but I think that used the Opentherm protocol, and the newer W-B Wave (Nefit Easy) doesn't

A web search for the API showed nothing much for the Wave, but quite a lot of disappointed people in the Netherlands who couldn't get the API for the Nefit Easy.

No problem, I'll adjust the temperature with my android device

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            Not always unfortunately - as web pages have got more and more complex they have become a more difficult to trick and to impersonate them from elsewhere (like HS), you also run the risk that as soon as a change is made to the web site then it can break any script/plugin.

You are better off pestering them for an API to be released or frequently searching around because sometimes you find people will decipher stuff for other purposes like controlling it from a Raspberry Pi or something and you can look at what they have done.
                            It would need rigorous testing, but it might be possible to use Auto-it (https://www.autoitscript.com/site/) to manage the boiler via the Web Page. As I don't have either the 'stat or the web, I can't be sure, but as it's free, it would be worth a try.

Scott

Comment

More gas !

Well I've had the boiler and the (Wall mounted, cabled) Wave thermostat installed a few months now, and my gas usage has gone up

I'm not really surprised, as I previously used a rf thermostat that I could carry around with me. When I used it in the lounge in an evening, I could close the door, and the AV projector would heat the room sufficiently to turn the house heating off. Not very good for a family, but fine for me and the Missus

I have emailed Worcester Bosch again, and explained this to them. I hope I get a bit more information this time !

Cheers,

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X