HSTouch Remote Template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Remote Template?

Any chance of including a phone sized HSTouch version of the remote? The remote as it is is very clunky in HSTOUCH on iOS with default templates.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

how do you include the remote in your HSTouch project?

Comment

Unfortunately there seems to not be a streamlined way for authors to provide HSTouch pages for there plugins. I have seen that some simply creat a few pages and then upload the project which the user used as a template.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

you wrote:
        The remote as it is is very clunky in HSTOUCH on iOS with default templates
        how do you currently use the remote in HSTouch? Are you talking about the remote control web page or the remote control device?

Comment

The devices on the remote control webpage show up in the default HSTouch template as a drip down list of devices. It is awkward for say changing the channel or fast forward.

Comment

you can add the remote in HSTouch by adding a text element and set it to this url:

http://<your_hs_ip>/directvremote?nohsheader=1&nohsfooter=1

and set the isHTML flag to true:

Click image for larger version

Name:	remoteindesigner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1178238

unfortunately this remote image may be a little too big for phone, and as far as I know there is no way to resize it, so I'm going to add url parameters to be able to resize.

is that what you want?

Comment

Yes! Looks great.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.14 available here you can now resize the remote control web page by using the width and/or height url parameters

Code:
                http://<your_hs_ip>/directvremote?nohsheader=1&nohsfooter=1&width=w&height=h

Name:	remoteindesigner.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1178251

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  in version 3.0.0.14 available here you can now resize the remote control web page by using the width and/or height url parameters

Code:
                  [ATTACH]45589[/ATTACH]
                  Thanks for the update, it works well on windows. Now to incorporate into the iOS HSTouch project.

Comment

Buttons

Does anyone know where I can get .psd buttons for a directv remote so I can design my own screen without having to create each and every button in photoshop?

Comment

Originally posted by cpd5899 View Post
                      Does anyone know where I can get .psd buttons for a directv remote so I can design my own screen without having to create each and every button in photoshop?
                      nope sorry.
                      The only thing I have is this png image that the plugin uses on the remote page.

Name:	remote.png
Views:	1
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	1179094

Comment

Code:
                        [ATTACH]45589[/ATTACH]
                        When I add this text element I get a blank white screen. Any idea what I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by wljohnson05 View Post
                          When I add this text element I get a blank white screen. Any idea what I'm missing?
                          have you set the isHTML field to true?
                          does it work when you paste the url in a browser?

Comment

have you set the isHTML field to true?
                            does it work when you paste the url in a browser?
                            Yes

It prompts me for a login to homeseer, but after logging in it works. I'm trying to make this work on an android tablet if that makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by wljohnson05 View Post
                              Yes

It prompts me for a login to homeseer, but after logging in it works. I'm trying to make this work on an android tablet if that makes any difference.
                              I've also noticed that even when I use the web remote, the commands are very laggy.

Comment

Working...
                              X