Couple of new config questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of new config questions

Couple of things to get me started using the Vista plugin fully...

Firstly, the HS3 Help Page seems to display the wrong text against the Vista Plugin Documentation (the URL link is however correct...)

and second,

What event trigger should I be using to make a HS3 event fire on say the alarm being 'Armed', or set to 'Armed Night Stay' ?

i'll make a note to fix the help text

there are vista alarm triggers you can use against the System Status or Partition status device to test for various arm states
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Cannot get any triggers from Ademco 15P

So it seems that my AD2USB is able to control my 15P alarm panel fine, but cannot see any status at all (e.g. Zones, Partition or System Status = Night Stay, etc.). All status read 'Unknown'. Strangely I can see the keypad display text against the 'Last Panel Message' device fine...

Without this working, I suspect testing any events on Vista triggers is pushing it a bit!

Help!

Comment

you will need to configure partition 1 within the plugin. you can reuse the keypad address and user code
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          you will need to configure partition 1 within the plugin. you can reuse the keypad address and user code
          I did that, but still just see unknown for system and partition status. Here's my plugin settings...

Comment

can you post a hs log snippet of the panel msgs received. filter your log for Vista Alarm messages
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              can you post a hs log snippet of the panel msgs received. filter your log for Vista Alarm messages
              Sorry Mark. I found my problem. Everything was working fine back in January, and then I used a longer USB cable and relocated the AD2USB box. Low and behold, 1 of my alarm panel side wires was loose!

A dead giveaway should have been my last successful 'Last Panel Message' - which was 1/27....

Everything is, how they say, hunky dory now!

Comment

Glad you got it working.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X