Dim Level on HS-WD100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dim Level on HS-WD100+

I have a HS-WD100+, and the dim level doesn't get very low. When I had a plain jane dimmer switch attached they dimmed down to a point you could barely tell they were on. Now, even at 1%, it is like the lights are still at 50% brightness.

There is 6 LED Can lights on the circuit.

Originally posted by bodah97 View Post
    I have a HS-WD100+, and the dim level doesn't get very low. When I had a plain jane dimmer switch attached they dimmed down to a point you could barely tell they were on. Now, even at 1%, it is like the lights are still at 50% brightness.

There is 6 LED Can lights on the circuit.
    Automated dimmer performance with LEDs is pretty bulb-sensitive. The electronics in bulbs interact differently with depending on brands/models. This comparison chart was done about a year ago, so is probably just about out of date. This tells some of the story but not all. For example, for bulbs that dim to 1%, it doesn't indicate what the actual lumens values are. http://homeseer.com/compare-led-bulb...-hs-wd100.html

Bottom line: A bit of trial and error is usually required to match HA dimmers to bulbs. FWIW, our dimmers use "forward phase" technology for dimming.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
    X