No announcement yet.

HAI Code Changes for Omnistat2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your efforts on this Kirby. They are greatly appreciated and if you ever want to charge something, I'd be happy to pay.

I actually do use the humidify and dehumidify controls on the RC-2000 so support on that front would be great. I'm just about to switch the thermostats over from my old HS2 setup to my HS3 setup and I'll let you know how it goes.

One rather off-topic question for you - how many thermostats do you think this will support on a single serial port. This is actually a hardware question but I thought you might at least be able to tell me how many you have on a port right now. I have about 14 thermostats in total but I've only ever connected 4 of them to the HS2 plugin. The setup was always a bit buggy and never inspired me to finish the project. It is time to get the rest connected.

Comment

Hello!
      Can you please tell me who of RC series thermostats is better to bay for HS3pro? (I search model who is wired without radio signals... )

And how I can wire three thermostats together? with OmniLT controller? Or some serial adapter?

I'm think I can bay a little cheaper models but use all expensive thermostats functions if I will connect with my HS3pro. ( I think week.night etc. programming)
      I'm think write?

Thank's!
      Last edited by karlismoto; October 14, 2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karlismoto View Post
        Hello!
        Can you please tell me who of RC series thermostats is better to bay for HS3pro? (I search model who is wired without radio signals... )

And how I can wire three thermostats together? with OmniLT controller? Or some serial adapter?

I'm think I can bay a little cheaper models but use all expensive thermostats functions if I will connect with my HS3pro. ( I think week.night etc. programming)
        I'm think write?

Thank's!
        the specific stat model depends on what you are trying to control and what features you want, and how much you want to spend.

they connection either via a serial diasy chain or home runs

this new plugin seems to support all the hai/leviton omnistat stats

you should probably check out the leviton/hai site for details
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

One rather off-topic question for you - how many thermostats do you think this will support on a single serial port. This is actually a hardware question but I thought you might at least be able to tell me how many you have on a port right now. I have about 14 thermostats in total but I've only ever connected 4 of them to the HS2 plugin. The setup was always a bit buggy and never inspired me to finish the project. It is time to get the rest connected.
          There are two things to look at in determining how many thermostats to hook to a single serial port. 1) signal strength and 2) responsiveness.

I currently have five thermostats hooked up with no problem. HAI says that you should use a signal booster for more that four. I use the HAI RC-202 signal booster which claims that the boost is sufficient for up to 127 thermostats and 10,000 feet of wire. Unfortunately, the RC-202 has been discontinued. There are other signal boosters for sale but I don't know how they compare.

The more thermostats you have on a single serial port the less responsive it will become. The plugin constantly performs a round robin task polling each thermostat for various statuses. After the plugin polls a thermostat, it checks a queue to see if a command from any device has been queued(change the heat setpoint etc.). So the more thermostats, the longer it takes to poll all the stats. I haven't done any analysis to determine at what point the thermostats seem slow. This could be overcome by multiple serial ports.

HS3 has the concept of single instance and multi-instance plug-ins. This plugin is a single instance plug-in. It only supports one serial port. In order to support multiple serial ports it would have to be enhanced to become a multi-instance plug-in. I haven't researched this so I don't know the effort involved.

I would suggest that you try and find a RC-202 or similar device. Start adding stats and see at what point you lose signal strength which will be reflected by read errors or the responsiveness is too slow for you.

I'll stay tuned. Meanwhile I will add the humidifier/dehumidifier to the next release. I am envisioning a state device and a set device (%RH) for the humidifier and the dehumidifier . They will be optional devices with the default being that they are not selected.

Comment

An OmniLT is not required nor is HS3 Pro. The plugin works with the standard version of HS3 also. You will need an available COM port on your HS3 server or a USB to serial converter. You wire the thermostats according to the attached diagram.
            Attached Files

Comment

Kirby,
              another occupancy mode question:

when i change the occ mode (day, night) via an event action, should the plugin update the base "Cool Setpoint" & "Heat Setpoint" to the settings from the related mode (ie Day, Night)

I don't see this happening
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,
                Yes it should. Below demonstrates it working on a RC-2000 (I think that is what you have). Does it change if you manually change the occupancy mode on the device? Also, since you have RC-2000s the setpoints are stored on the thermostat as well as the devices. The ones on the thermostat are what are actually used. Verify those settings compared to the device settings. Maybe they have never been synced. If you change the setpoint devices for day, night, away, and vacation, they will change the setpoints on the stat and they will be in sync. Also, confirm that the stat's programming mode is set to occupancy.
                Attached Files

Comment

1. when changing occ mode, the cool setpoint seems to following however the heat setpoint does not. i'll check the settings on the stat as well.

2. hitting the Raise on the current heat setpoint seems to affect the cool set point (raises as well)
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

2. hitting the Raise on the current heat setpoint seems to affect the cool set point (raises as well)
                    The plugin doesn't change one setpoint based on setting the other. The thermostat does maintain a three degree difference between the setpoints. If you raise the heat setpoint to within the less then three degrees of the cool setpoint it will raise the cool setpoint. This behavior can be seen on the thermostat independent of the plugin.

Comment

Mark,
                      Does your outside temperature display on your thermostat? I have the sensor attached and I can read its value from the register (68) but it doesn't display.

Also when I broadcast the temperature from a HomeSeer device, it displays on the older thermostats but not on the RC-1000 or RC-2000. Is there some display setting that need to be set?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                        Mark,
                        Does your outside temperature display on your thermostat? I have the sensor attached and I can read its value from the register (68) but it doesn't display.

Also when I broadcast the temperature from a HomeSeer device, it displays on the older thermostats but not on the RC-1000 or RC-2000. Is there some display setting that need to be set?
                        yes my outside temp displays on the stat. the date/time alternative with outside temp. In the stat setup i identified the external sensor #1 as outside
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks, Mark.
                          I had done that but I just discovered is that also under setup/settings/messages Outdoor Status needs to be checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                            Thanks, Mark.
                            I had done that but I just discovered is that also under setup/settings/messages Outdoor Status needs to be checked.
                            i guess mine was already checked as i don't remember setting that.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by AO! View Post
                              I like the idea of named colors (maybe red, yellow, green, blue, purple) but I would put those into a config file so that someone could change the numbers. I would leave the intensity as a stand alone...I don't recell programming in the intensity

I have HS3 running on a virtual box right now...I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks that I might actually get a weekend off to work on HS.
                              Well, I guess a couple of weeks turned into a couple of months, but I have most of this weekend off

I've been bringing the HS3 up to speed on the virtual box, and loaded your code to connect to the bench Omnistat3...Everything looks OUTSTANDING! I hope my backend code did not cause you any hair loss

I'll move the Omnistat from the bench to the wall this weekend and let you know if I run into any problems.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks. I didn't end up using very much of the code as it turned out but it was really helpful as a reference.

I now have the plugin running under Linux in a virtual box. It seems to run fine but I haven't put many miles on it. The log files may be an issue. I won't have a chance to test more until next week.

If anyone wants to try it on Linux, there is a glitch in the install script. Linux files are case sensitive, windows not. The image files don't get unzipped into the images directory. I will fix it next release. Meanwhile, if you unzip the file "HomeSeer/Updates3/Omnistat 31.0.0.152/Images.zip" into a new folder named "HomeSeer/html/images/Omnistat 3" then everything should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X