Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No network connection after restore.

Hi folks,

I've tried following the advice in several posts, including attempting to update grub to no avail. I kept getting a 404 error for the updated file. I changed networks and for some reason could not get my Hometroller to work so I did a system restore which got me up and running.

Now the thing will only connect to the network if I have it connected to a monitor which is not ideal.

Has anybody managed to solve this issue?

For your Linux SEL in a terminal session or via the GUI edit the Homeseer INI file located here:

If you are using the GUI you can utilize file explorer and edit the file that way.

Grub is just the boot program for Linux. I am guessing that the box is booting to Linux just fine.

404 error just telling you that the Homeseer web server is not running or running on a different port.
    If you are using DHCP you can look up the IP on your router typically.

If that is what is happening and you can get to a terminal windows via the console you can...

1 - kill the Homeseer process running
    2 - run sudo top from a terminal session - write down the number for the Mono processes
    3 - sudo kill number
    4 - sudo nano /user/local/HomeSeer/Config/settings.ini
    5 - edit gWebSvrPort=towhateverport you want to use.
    6 - type reboot
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by formerflyboy View Post
      Hi folks,

I've tried following the advice in several posts, including attempting to update grub to no avail. I kept getting a 404 error for the updated file. I changed networks and for some reason could not get my Hometroller to work so I did a system restore which got me up and running.

Now the thing will only connect to the network if I have it connected to a monitor which is not ideal.

Has anybody managed to solve this issue?
      The issue with the monitor needing to be attached can be resolved by following the instructions below:

1) Navigate to Tools > System > Linux Tools
      2) Login with the system password that you created when you first set up the device
      3) Download the update script using the following command, without quotes "sudo wget www.homeseer.com/linux/grubupdate.sh"
      4) Run the script "sudo sh grubupdate.sh"
      5) Restart the HT-SEL via Tools > System > Reboot System
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have a similar issue on my HomeTroller SEL Pro with no connection (supposedly). Mine is that I did a system restore and it failed. I had several error messages during the restore process.
        Once i was back on the desktop I was presented with an error that read:

"Failure to download extra data files

The following packages requested additional data downloads after
        package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be process.

flashplugin-installer

The download will be attempted again later, or you can try the download
        again now. Running this command requires an active internet connection."

I verified that I do have an active internet connection on the built in Chromium browser but the reattempt only continues to fail.

I also just noticed that I get an error message when I first open up the WEB GUI that reads...

192.168.1.61 Says:
        Error downloading updates file: ERROR: Error: NameResolutionFailure

I click okay through that and the update file is there. This is a very strange issue. Almost like it is having a DNS issue.

Comment

Working...
        X