This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I think you are all under the influence of Romulan Ale (Star Trek)!

The helper in its standard form is totally reliant of the HS skill. Until that changes, there is not much more I can do.

If you want to enable the experimental option, then you have many more possibilities (room location etc) but requires Chrome running 24/7 on your server.
    Lol. Actually not seen much Star Trek.

I can't really run Chrome on my Pi2 desktop. . .I guess I was hoping for something like the speaker clients (which I never implemented), but without standalone devices to do that. . .can always dream.

Comment

So this plugin is amazing! Have Alexa open my TV change channels, move from TV to Youtube to Plex...

Amazing work! I did notice there are sometimes conflicts when I have a "select script" function and a "run event" function under the same trigger. The plugin only does one of the two...not a big issue since it could be fixed by adding a custom event that includes the script part in it.

What I wanted to know and I can't even figure out the theory part of it but can I have Alexa control somehow my Google Play Music via HS3? Not even sure if that is possible. For instance I would have my music playing on either my Phone or my server (where HS3 is located) via Google Play and control what is heard via Alexa. Might be too complex...

Comment

Is it me or has the homeseer skill been on the flakey side lately.
        As I'm in Canada I had changed my location accordingly then noticed this after like 5 days - so I thought it was a location issue since some had mention there is no HS skill in Canada. So I moved to my U.S address, then tested and it seemed to work. But last night when I went to bed and told Alexa to tell homeseer good night, it reported that device is not found. Didn't test this morning though...

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Is it me or has the homeseer skill been on the flakey side lately.
          As I'm in Canada I had changed my location accordingly then noticed this after like 5 days - so I thought it was a location issue since some had mention there is no HS skill in Canada. So I moved to my U.S address, then tested and it seemed to work. But last night when I went to bed and told Alexa to tell homeseer good night, it reported that device is not found. Didn't test this morning though...

Robert
          Have it running in Canada with a Canadian address, never had a single issue related to that...

Comment

It could just be a one of... Yeah, it worked fine before with a Canadian address.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Wondering if anyone would know....

I have this setup to try and set my thermostat - it is a gocontrol thermostat.

When I use the device ref# for heating setpoint (464) and put that value into SetDeviceValue it does seem to set the value - but what it does is set the value in a text box which is waiting for someone to click on "submit" in the homeseer device page.

Is there a way to simulate the "submit", or am I setting the wrong value? I cannot for the life of me figure this out. Thanks for any tips.

Comment

Have you tried using the Set CAPI Value field rather than Set Device Value?
                Jon

Comment

I have tried that Jon00 - if I put my device number into "Set CAPI From parsed #" it does not fill in the value like it does if i am using "Set Device Value..."

Interestingly - the log entries are the same on either setting and I do not see either being set though it does parse my text into a number. Log below.

This device has 2 value ranges and one is a text box for inputting the "new value". "Set Device Value" fills in that box and it just sits there waiting for "submit". I'm thinking i need to remove the text box but that would make it difficult to adjust my thermostat from the homeseer web interface.

Dec-11 8:41:14 AM Jon00_Alexa Integer Parsed (from string): 72
                  Dec-11 8:41:14 AM Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 20 ms
                  Dec-11 8:41:14 AM Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: 'yeah whatever'
                  Dec-11 8:41:14 AM Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger7]
                  Dec-11 8:41:14 AM Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String: seventy two
                  Dec-11 8:41:14 AM Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'set thermostat to seventy two'

Comment

Have you checked that the device value has not been set by looking at the virtual device properties on the device configuration page?
                    Jon

Comment

It does show that the value has been set to 72, but that has not taken effect on the thermostat. Very odd. If I set it any other way it changes immediately. Hmm. This gocontrol thermostat seems like a bit of an odd duck.

Comment

Just for fun I created an event that triggers if the thermostat heating point is set to 72. The event then sets the thermostat heating point to 72. ;-)

The alexa command sets the value to 72, the event does trigger, and the resulting command actually sets the thermostat.

It seems like I am either setting it warmer (70,71,72) or cooler (66), so this might be a viable workaround.

Comment

Okay... so for a year now I've told "Leena good night" and it runs my good night event. Now for reasons I can't figure out, Alexa says her own good night - sleep tight blah blah.
                          None of my words work...
                          good night||goodnight||go to sleep||it's bedtime||night night

Are others having this problem as well? This one is hitting the WAF kinda hard and I can't figure it out why. Other HS helper events work. I tested it during the day today while at work with Reverb, and it ran fine. However, still no go at home.

I also get "Sorry I don't know that one".

What gives?

Robert

Comment

Sound like your own dev skill is not working. If it was, the response would be "That device was not found". Is this something to do with moving to Amazon Canada?
                            Jon

Comment

Yeah not sure... got "That device was not found" as well. I disabled/enabled and tried with the Homeseer skill - and it executed your helper as I expected. Tried with my custom Homeseer skill (Leena) and it worked as well. I also noticed that in the alexa page, that some skills were added - which I didn't add. There's a skill called Goodnight... I think it may have conflicted with mine. So not really sure - though it went on like it didn't even hear "Leena"... I can't pin down any consistency. Not sure if it has anything to do with being in Canada either.

Robert

Comment

setting up in raspberry pi

Hello I have a raspberry pi running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.258 (Linux)

How do I install and configure this script ??

In the doc's it refers to Scripts directory, config folder and html folder which I can not find in the file system.

I realize you did mention it would be a manual config, but is there any info on how to do this??

Thanks
                                GaryUE

Comment

Working...
                                X