X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by IKUS View Post
      Just thought I'd throw in my two cents on the usefulness of this plugin. I have it monitor for the presence of my mobile phone's wifi connections and it uses this information (along with other things such as motion detection and door/window status) to help determine occupancy status.

Example: Assuming that I always keep my mobile phone with me, all doors and windows are monitored by HS, the pets don't open/close doors, and nobody ever leaves through a window... I can have HS assume the house is occuppied if 1) ultramon detects the presense of my mobile phone, 2) motion is detected on the 1 high-mounted (pet-proof) sensor in the house, or 3) an interior door is opened or closed. The house remains occupied until an exterior door is opened and then it has to start making decisions on whether or not everyone left through that door...and again I use ultramon to help make that determination.

Hi! I Like your thoughts (scenarios). How can you make so complex calculations (if then else, double or triple ORs with ANDs etc)?
      Is there a proper plugin that makes their programming easy, or is a result of a very deep programming into homeseer?
      I'm somehow new to the world of homeseer and i have some good ideas to make with this software, so i would like to know about what to start learning first!
      Do i have to learn about scripts?
      Or to start learnng a new plug in?
      I have already understand all the way homeseer works, but i'm still new.
      After i red your scenario, i saw that you are the one that could tell me...
      So, If you would like write me 2 sentences of your experience, would be so helpfull for me.
      Thank you in Advance, Kostas

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Yes, this is a top priority for me. It has been on my list for a LONG time and I now need to create several new devices (Apple TV, HTC Evo, etc). I'll try to get to this this weekend.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        dont forget squeezebox and av receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by coolgas View Post

Hi! I Like your thoughts (scenarios). How can you make so complex calculations (if then else, double or triple ORs with ANDs etc)?
          Is there a proper plugin that makes their programming easy, or is a result of a very deep programming into homeseer?
          I'm somehow new to the world of homeseer and i have some good ideas to make with this software, so i would like to know about what to start learning first!
          Do i have to learn about scripts?
          Or to start learnng a new plug in?
          I have already understand all the way homeseer works, but i'm still new.
          After i red your scenario, i saw that you are the one that could tell me...
          So, If you would like write me 2 sentences of your experience, would be so helpfull for me.
          Thank you in Advance, Kostas
          Scripting is great and I personally use JavaScript when I need HS to do something a little more dynamic (such as determine an optimum wake-up thermostat temperature based on time of day, season, outside temp, inside temp, forecast, etc...) but for occupancy determination I do it all from within HS.

Briefly, I have a virtual device called "Occupied" that is set by the events i listed in the previous post. ie...when interior door 1 is opened, set "Occupied" device to ON...or when pet-proof motion sensor detects motion set "Occupied" device to ON...or when phone's wifi comes in range set "Occupied" device to ON. it gets a little trickier for unoccupied, as i can't just rely on non-motion or phone wifi status...what if I'm motionless in bed or vegging out on the couch or if the phone dies? So based on trial and error I've worked out that an exterior door is never opened without everyone leaving the house AND NOT followed up by one of the following things within 10 minutes: open/close an interior door, open/close the refrigerator, pass a pet-proof interior motion detector, turn on/off a media extender, or phone's wifi remains within range. In other words, upon opening of any exterior door, the house assumes that it will be unoccupied in 10 minutes unless proven otherwise. So events on each exterior door trigger a 10 minute delayed setting of the "Occupied" device to OFF and events which would prove that someone is still home trigger a cancel of that delayed event, leaving the "Occupied" device ON. The "Occupied" device itself then becomes a condition for other events and scripts. I'm simplifying it a bit as there are all kinds of conditions on each of my event triggers to account for things like me being in the yard but someone else still being in the house, plus I actually have another level of occupancy on top of this for when I'm out of town but you get the point. It's all do-ble in HS...no scripting needed.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
            That "Occupied ON-OFF" idea is great and reveals the way that this big scenario should be written...
            I'm Very happy to know this idea. It sent me deeper in the logic of homesheer and it's possibilities!
            Thanks again...

Comment

Since yesterday I'm testing this plugin.

Few questions
              - How can I reduce the check time to 15 seconds.
              - In .net 2.x there is a ping bug. On my configuration HS will crash every few days when the ping command is used inside a plugin.

This was the case with:
              PHNetwork and BLLan

I hope the testing is done using another methode.

Comment

Originally posted by Chak View Post
                Since yesterday I'm testing this plugin.

Few questions
                - How can I reduce the check time to 15 seconds.
                - In .net 2.x there is a ping bug. On my configuration HS will crash every few days when the ping command is used inside a plugin.

This was the case with:
                PHNetwork and BLLan

I hope the testing is done using another methode.
                Yes, I acknowledge there is a .net 2.0 ping bug if done incorrectly. However, the UltraMon HSPI does it correctly. I have been running this code 24 x 7 x 365 without any issues.

I can add an option to reduce the check time to 0, which means it will continually check the monitored hosts without pausing. This shouldn't cause any additional load on the system. It will take a few weeks to post an update as I am currently in the middle of a major revision allowing for device types to be created and change and deleted.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                  Will test it in the next weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    Yes, I acknowledge there is a .net 2.0 ping bug if done incorrectly. However, the UltraMon HSPI does it correctly. I have been running this code 24 x 7 x 365 without any issues.

I can add an option to reduce the check time to 0, which means it will continually check the monitored hosts without pausing. This shouldn't cause any additional load on the system. It will take a few weeks to post an update as I am currently in the middle of a major revision allowing for device types to be created and change and deleted.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Any news about the update?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, very soon. I just finished changing the icons from 16x16 to 32x32. The new icons are .png icons renamed to .gif so they scale back to 16x16 if the user wants the smaller icons. I also added the ability to add device types which would require the user to provide their own 32x32 icons. I also converted the install to the newer HomeSeer installer template. I hope to complete testing tomorrow and post the update this weekend.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Tank you.
                        Just bought the plugin.
                        It dit work well last 30 days.

I hope in the new version device check time will be faster.

Comment

Ping Options

Do Attempts, Mark Failed After and Ping Timeout come into play during each Check Interval or elongate the process?

What I'm trying to determine is if Check Interval is set for example to 5 minutes, then depending on the other settings if the amount of elapsed time before UltraMon updates status could actually be multiples of 5 minutes or would be every 5 minutes regardless of the other settings.

Thanks.

Comment

Attempts and Ping Time-out will increase the time it takes to complete a round of checks. However, the latest release updates each host as soon as the status is determined instead of waiting until the end of the check interval. "Marked Failed After" does not cause an delays during the check interval.

In summary, you cannot predict when the underlying HomeSeer devices will be updated.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Is there a logic flowchart? If:

Delay Between Checks = 5 minutes
                              Attempts = 5 times
                              Marked Failed After = 3 times
                              Ping Timeout = 3 seconds

and the device in question is down/not responding, is the check going to be performed again every 5 minutes or every 25 minutes (5 delay minutes between checks x 5 attempts)?

I'm trying to understand in order to set the most reasonable frequency of detection with the least amount of unnecessary network traffic.

Comment

Settings not saved

Yesterday I installed this plugin but when I restart the Homeseer service my devices are reverted back to how they where discovered.
                                I lose the name and the image and all my devices are computers again not a router, iphone etc.

I use Windows 7 x64 ultimate and Homeseer as a Windows service.
                                Default the Homeseer service is started under the System account, I tried to run the service as a admin user, but this does not work either, my settings or lost after a restart of the Homeseer service.
                                Is this a known problem?

Regards,

Frank

Comment

Working...
                                X