This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post
    We need to know when Insteon communications have ceased for whatever reason. A few times now I have found The Inteon plugin has stopped working and i find out when lights are left on or events are not being triggered. Thats fine when im home but Ideally I want to be able to go away for a few weeks and have the automation not stop while I'm gone. We need some sort of loopback test that if it fails notifies or triggers a reboot to get things working again. This type of feature exists in my video survailance system which reboots when it gets hung up.

Does this sound reasonable and make sense?
    in v1.5.3 i added a trigger (called interfaces crashes) to let you know if the plm is having trouble communicating. Have you tried this?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      in v1.5.3 i added a trigger (called interfaces crashes) to let you know if the plm is having trouble communicating. Have you tried this?
      Hmmm. I didn't know that.
      Is there a way to show the PLM as a "Status" device?

Also, would support for the EXIO2x4 #5010D be possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonnyh View Post
        Hmmm. I didn't know that.
        Is there a way to show the PLM as a "Status" device?

Also, would support for the EXIO2x4 #5010D be possible?
        #1, yes, but it wouldn't be very useful. The status would either day Online or Offline. Try the trigger and see what you get.

#2, I don't have any of the simplehomenet devices so its impossible to add support. I think there is an external script in the forum that should do the basics; a simple search should find it.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          #1, yes, but it wouldn't be very useful. The status would either day Online or Offline. Try the trigger and see what you get.

#2, I don't have any of the simplehomenet devices so its impossible to add support. I think there is an external script in the forum that should do the basics; a simple search should find it.
          #1, I setup a voice notification and am trying to get email to work

#2, Thanks, I will search

Again thanks for all you do!!

Comment

Feature request ... change device characteristics in a script

Apologies if this is already implemented ... if it is, I can't find it.

I'd like to change the backlight level on keypadlincs (and the keyclick on/off) from a script. The idea is to turn the backlight level down at night, and up during the day.

Are there any scripting functions to change the device settings?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by firtha View Post

I'd like to change the backlight level on keypadlincs (and the keyclick on/off) from a script. The idea is to turn the backlight level down at night, and up during the day.

Thanks!
              Nothing exists now...but, I've been wanting to do the same thing, so i plan to add an Action to allow you to adjust the level. I will also add an action to just turn the backlight on/off as well. For me, the lowest level is still very bright at night so i plan to just turn the backlight Off at night and not mess with the brightness level.

Hang in there, I'll be working on this over the next few weeks. I've been working on adding support for the next batch of insteon devices I received from SH so i need a little break.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Flag for 2473S

minor request (hopefully). would like to see the flag that controls whether the outlet auto-senses a load with auto-turnon. i'd like to be able to see the state of the flag and change it from the plugin

thanks !

sjw

Comment

Originally posted by stevewinick View Post
                  minor request (hopefully). would like to see the flag that controls whether the outlet auto-senses a load with auto-turnon. i'd like to be able to see the state of the flag and change it from the plugin

thanks !

sjw
                  Steve, can you tell me the 4 digit devicetype from the ini. I'll have to ask SH for the developer notes on this device in order to add this feature. But it should be very easy once i have the info.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by firtha View Post

Thanks!
                    please checkout v1.5.6 that i just posted. it has this feature.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

here is the whole section:

[Device 54]
                      DeviceID=18.AE.AF
                      DeviceName=Kitchen Counter Warmer Outlet - Insteon
                      DeviceLocation=Kitchen
                      DeviceType=0208
                      FirmwareVer=38
                      DatabaseDelta=6
                      LinksDownloaded=1
                      PollingInterval=5
                      Protocol=2
                      EEValues=LEDBrightness=0,OpFlags1=34
                      RecentDatabaseDelta=6
                      NumLinks=5
                      Link 1=A2 FE 13 AC A9 FF 1F 01 1
                      SyncLinkedDevices=1
                      Link 2=A2 04 14 CC A2 FF 1F 01 2
                      Link 3=E2 01 14 CC A2 FF 1F 04 3
                      Link 4=A2 04 15 07 CB FF 1F 01 6
                      Link 5=E2 01 15 07 CB FF 1F 04 7
                      TotalInteractions=32
                      FailedInteractions=0
                      LastContact=8/1/2011 8:23:53 PM

thanks !!

sjw

Comment

Originally posted by stevewinick View Post
                        here is the whole section:

[Device 54]
                        DeviceID=18.AE.AF
                        DeviceName=Kitchen Counter Warmer Outlet - Insteon
                        DeviceLocation=Kitchen
                        DeviceType=0208
                        FirmwareVer=38
                        DatabaseDelta=6
                        LinksDownloaded=1
                        PollingInterval=5
                        Protocol=2
                        EEValues=LEDBrightness=0,OpFlags1=34
                        RecentDatabaseDelta=6
                        NumLinks=5
                        Link 1=A2 FE 13 AC A9 FF 1F 01 1
                        SyncLinkedDevices=1
                        Link 2=A2 04 14 CC A2 FF 1F 01 2
                        Link 3=E2 01 14 CC A2 FF 1F 04 3
                        Link 4=A2 04 15 07 CB FF 1F 01 6
                        Link 5=E2 01 15 07 CB FF 1F 04 7
                        TotalInteractions=32
                        FailedInteractions=0
                        LastContact=8/1/2011 8:23:53 PM

thanks !!

sjw

Steve, 0208, that's what i thought. I just posted 1.5.6 beta which has the feature you want. Please give it a try and post your comments to the 1.5.6 thread. thanks
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark:

This is a very simple request.

Can you modify the plug-in to use location1 and location2?

All I that is needed is another location box when setting up a new device.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
                            Mark:

This is a very simple request.

Can you modify the plug-in to use location1 and location2?

All I that is needed is another location box when setting up a new device.

Thanks
                            How do you use Location2 in your setup?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have been using Location for location1 and Interface for location2. That tells me basically where in the house and what interface it is on, i.e., X10, X10RF, Zwave, Virtual, Concord Alarm Panel, etc.

When I install a new Insteon device, I get to fill in the device Location, I would like the option of specifiyng Insteon as my interface as Location2.

Comment

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
                                I have been using Location for location1 and Interface for location2. That tells me basically where in the house and what interface it is on, i.e., X10, X10RF, Zwave, Virtual, Concord Alarm Panel, etc.

When I install a new Insteon device, I get to fill in the device Location, I would like the option of specifiyng Insteon as my interface as Location2.
                                I do the same. Here is one possible solution to solve this for now:

shutdown hs, and add the following to the [config] section of your insteon.ini
                                DefaultLocation2=Insteon

replace Insteon with your own value

restart hs.

Now, when you create a new device in the plugin, the plugin will automatically assign Insteon to Location2
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X