Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSTouch Server-Warning,HSTouch Designer connections are not allowed for HSTouch Lite

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Server-Warning,HSTouch Designer connections are not allowed for HSTouch Lite

HSTouch Designer 1.0.57 and Server 1.0.0.42 were working fine while I was running HomeSeer 2.5.0.21 but then today, I upgraded to:

- HomeSeer version 2.5.0.44 (PRO Build)
    - HSTouch Server Plug-in 1.0.0.44

Afterwards, I get this error when launching HSTouch Designer:

"HSTouch Server - Warning, HSTouch Designer connections are not allowed for HSTouch Lite, upgrade to full HSTouch."

HSTouch Designer will not connect to the server now.

Any suggestions ?
    Thanks
    Brian
    Last edited by KBF100; November 13, 2011, 06:07 PM.

Does this apply to your situation?
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150732
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ah... that's probably the issue. I will give that a try. (I searched, but was probably searching in the wrong areas). I'll post back soon.

Thanks Rupp!
      Brian

Comment

Oh dear, that was very UGLY. Tried a number of things, including the above process you recommended. All failed. Unfortunately, even trying to remove HSTouch Server 1.0.0.44 as described did not clear it from the HomeTrollerPRO registry. The HSTouch Plug-in 1.0.0.42 Updater still thinks 1.0.0.44 is installed and says you cannot install over a newer version.

To resolve this, I basically cleaned the registry of all keys containing "1.0.0.44", and which I knew were HSTouch Plugin Server keys.

Once I saved changes, rebooted, and reinstalled "HSTouch Plug-in 1.0.0.42". It moved forward past the version conflict and installed properly.

Bottom line: Don't update to HSTouch Server Plug-in 1.0.0.44 if you want to use HSTouch Designer. (Well, in my case)

Comment

Originally posted by KBF100 View Post
          Oh dear, that was very UGLY. Tried a number of things, including the above process you recommended. All failed. Unfortunately, even trying to remove HSTouch Server 1.0.0.44 as described did not clear it from the HomeTrollerPRO registry. The HSTouch Plug-in 1.0.0.42 Updater still thinks 1.0.0.44 is installed and says you cannot install over a newer version.

To resolve this, I basically cleaned the registry of all keys containing "1.0.0.44", and which I knew were HSTouch Plugin Server keys.

Once I saved changes, rebooted, and reinstalled "HSTouch Plug-in 1.0.0.42". It moved forward past the version conflict and installed properly.

Bottom line: Don't update to HSTouch Server Plug-in 1.0.0.44 if you want to use HSTouch Designer. (Well, in my case)
          Were you Converting HomeTroller-SE to HomeTroller-SE PRO?

Comment

I am getting this same error....

"Warning, HSTouch Designer connections are not allowed for HSTouch Lite, upgrade to full HSTouch."

I am running Hometroller with Standard Edition 2.5.0.23 and HSTouch Server 1.0.0.44. The only upgrades I've ever done are just version upgrades; never done a product upgrade. I can't tell you when this error started happening exactly, but am pretty confident that something in the 1.0.0.44 plugin is causing this error.

Comment

What is HSTouch Lite anyway? I didn't know there was such a thing.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

If you are receiving this error please put in a help desk ticket after creating an account.
                http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/

Comment

Rupp... I believe I have a "Series 3" HomeTroller, with PRO version software. Whenever I update, I am supposed to use the PRO updater.

Comment

Originally posted by KBF100 View Post
                    Rupp... I believe I have a "Series 3" HomeTroller, with PRO version software. Whenever I update, I am supposed to use the PRO updater.
                    If your weren't upgrading then the link didn't apply to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X