Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLUPS Issue With HS Value Updates - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLUPS Issue With HS Value Updates - Solved!

Hi

I have BLUPS installed on XP SP3 PRO with HS PRO 2.5.0.52. I have a APC BackAPC 650 connected to the HS PC via a direct USB cable to the PC (no USB hubs!). Windows is using the "HID UPS" driver version 5.1.2535.0 with the UPS, I have not installed any APC software and XP picked the UPS up when it was plugged in. Windows detects if the UPS is on AC or battery power ok and displays the amount of battery time left in the system tray. I loaded BLUPS 1.0.26.0 and BLUPS configured a few HS devices on the first start of HS but then never updates them. If I look at the BLUPS status page all the UPS fields show no values. If I remove AC power from the UPS windows shows the battery icon in the tray and I see an entry in HSLOG saying "BLUPS Info - UPS Power mode has changed to On Battery Power" but the BLUPS device $1 still shows AC power. The PC has been rebooted several time but I can't get BLUPS to see the UPS's status. I've tried turning on the BLUPS debug mode but I do not see any other entries in the HSLOG when compared to not having debug turned on, even if I remove power I still only get the "BLUPS Info - UPS Power mode has changed to On Battery Power" type messages. Is there anything else I can try to see the UPS values in HS via BLUPS?

Update - Not sure if this helps but if I turn on the "load system tray icon" option the BLUPS icon in the tray correctly display if the UPS is being fed from AC power or not.

Many thanks
    Last edited by Bert.Twildge; June 28, 2012, 04:02 PM. Reason: Updated Icon Status

Log a help desk ticket for this on my web site.
    Please capture a debug log of the AC to battery change and attach the zipped log to the ticket.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      Log a help desk ticket for this on my web site.
      Please capture a debug log of the AC to battery change and attach the zipped log to the ticket.
      Hi

Wow, what a fast response!

I've added the details in to your website, appologies if I posted my issue in the wrong forum.

Many thanks
      Last edited by Bert.Twildge; June 28, 2012, 04:33 PM. Reason: I can't spell!

Comment

I see the ticket. I will have a look as soon as I can
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          I see the ticket. I will have a look as soon as I can
          Hi

I traced the issue, I had changed the name of the HS BLUPS devices to fit my naming plan but this meant that the BLUPS plugin couldn't update them. I deleted the BLUPS devices, restarted HS, BLUPS then re-created the BLUPS HS devices and now all works well.

Many thanks

Comment

Same issue here...

I have had BLUPS running for some time without issue. Then, tonight I noted that BLUPS had not logged or alerted me (via triggered email) to a brief power flash we had. Checking it out, the BLUPS button showed blank entries and the devices under Status did not show them updating properly, despite Windows seeing the UPS just fine.

Turns out I recently changed the name of the Location that the BLUPS devices were in, from BLUPS to System-UPS. Well, BLUPS doesn't like that one bit!

After changing the location back to BLUPS, all is working well again.

Blade: please consider updating BLUPS to allow us to make such changes. Otherwise, great plug-in!!

-BD

Comment

Working...
            X