No announcement yet.

New - RainMachine Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bob thanks for creating this plugin! I own a touch HD-12 and have been happy with it. I was just on the RainMachine website and see that there is a Beta v.4.0.944 of the firmware where they have added a Pause command (to the web UI as well as to the API). Would you be open to adding that command to your plugin as an event action? I have a specific issue/scenario that this would help resolve.
    Cheers
    Dom

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdom View Post
      Hey Bob thanks for creating this plugin! I own a touch HD-12 and have been happy with it. I was just on the RainMachine website and see that there is a Beta v.4.0.944 of the firmware where they have added a Pause command (to the web UI as well as to the API). Would you be open to adding that command to your plugin as an event action? I have a specific issue/scenario that this would help resolve.
      Cheers
      Dom
      Sure, when it becomes available and the API is documented I'll work on adding it.

I've been adding a bunch of stuff to the plug-in lately, mostly around displaying status but some additional features related to restrictions as well.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
        Sure, when it becomes available and the API is documented I'll work on adding it.

I've been adding a bunch of stuff to the plug-in lately, mostly around displaying status but some additional features related to restrictions as well.
        That's great news, thank you! I see the API hasn't been documented yet, I'll keep an eye on it.
        In my case, I wanted to pause my watering whenever my clothes washing machine is running, because my water pressure drops significantly when the washer is on and this impacts the irrigation. (This is not an unusual scenario in my home, since we have a large family and run the washer very frequently and at odd hours).
        I'm already able to detect when my washer is on/off using homeseer, so having the ability to pause the irrigation using your plugin would be ideal.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your help with the CAPI controls - they worked as you wrote them.

I'm unable to change the polling frequency - i enter a change and click 'Save options' but when I refresh the screen the old value (60000) returns. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry about that, I was trying to set the polling frequency too low (5000 ms) and I see an error in the log that prevents it from being that low. I changed it to 10000 and it worked.

While we are on the subject of polling frequency, would it ever be possible to create an option to poll on demand (and not otherwise)? The use case I have is that while a watering zone is on I want to poll fairly frequently - say every 10 seconds, or every 30 seconds at worst - to keep tabs on the watering and turn off the zone when appropriate. But when a zone is off (which is 99 percent of the time) I don't want to poll on it at all.

Regards.

Comment

Just curious if this plugin is still being maintained?

Comment

Originally posted by dbmet View Post
              Just curious if this plugin is still being maintained?
              I've been pretty busy with other stuff for while and haven't put any time into developing it further, but I am still supporting it.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

That's cool. I was just checking before purchasing a Rainmachine.

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post

I've been pretty busy with other stuff for while and haven't put any time into developing it further, but I am still supporting it.

Comment

Where can I get the plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
                    Where can I get the plug-in?
                    I'm working on getting a beta version into the HS updater but it's not quite ready yet.

The original test version may still work, instructions for installing it are in the first post of this topic.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I'll be interested in this, I'd like to get it all tested before I need it (spring)
                      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Where can I get the original test version?

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
                          Where can I get the original test version?
                          Reread the first post of this topic, you have to get a file called update_override.txt

Homeseer reads that file... I ends up getting the files from bobshome.net

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Yup. Got it. Thanks...

Comment

Version 1.0.0.0 was just released to the HomeSeer store. This is a licensed version so upgrading to this will require purchasing a license. Because it is a newer version of the original plug-in, anyone using the original test version will likely have exceeded the 30 day trial period.

I'll be removing the test version from the first post but if you're using it today, it will continue to work without any restrictions. However, I won't be providing any fixes or updates to that version.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I attempted to install it from the updater without success. I re-started HS and it still bombed. I uninstalled it and tried again with the same result. It shows an error in the updater indicating that there is no RainMachine. The ini file is blank. This is my first go at this plug-in. I never tried the original, so I'm a little in the dark. Is it supposed to automatically find my RainMachine or do I need to put something in the ini file?

Comment

Working...
                                X