No announcement yet.

Yeelight Plugin (Beta) - Testers Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam... good thing I saw this. That was my problem after I re-added my light - I forgot the LAN control.

Everything working great again.

Thanks,

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      Adam... good thing I saw this. That was my problem after I re-added my light - I forgot the LAN control.

Everything working great again.

Thanks,

Robert
      I'd like to think that Yeelight does not change that setting without you asking for it but I got no idea what goes on in their firmware upgrades - one to watch out for I think! Glad it is working for you.

Comment

Thank you mr happy. Works like a charm. I'd happily pay money for this if it ever requires so.

Loving this cheap alternative lightstrip and your plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by Tacklebait View Post
          Thank you mr happy. Works like a charm. I'd happily pay money for this if it ever requires so.

Loving this cheap alternative lightstrip and your plugin!
          Great thanks for letting me know and good to hear the lightstrip behaves the same - the plugin will always be free (donationware at best!).

Comment

New Lightbulbs on the Way

I am wondering if the yeelight app is required to get the PI to work? I have 2 adj white bulbs coming and I am curious because the app has a very bad rating. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
              I am wondering if the yeelight app is required to get the PI to work? I have 2 adj white bulbs coming and I am curious because the app has a very bad rating. thanks
              You only need the app to initially link your bulbs to your WiFi network and then to enable LAN control to enable this plugin to work. Use a disposable email address when signing up if you so wish - the only time I ever think you would need it again (save for changing network settings) is any bulb firmware upgrades but I've not seen any real need for any upgrades. So once you are setup you can delete the app if you so wish, I haven't checked why it is rated low but to me it seems OK.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                You only need the app to initially link your bulbs to your WiFi network and then to enable LAN control to enable this plugin to work. Use a disposable email address when signing up if you so wish - the only time I ever think you would need it again (save for changing network settings) is any bulb firmware upgrades but I've not seen any real need for any upgrades. So once you are setup you can delete the app if you so wish, I haven't checked why it is rated low but to me it seems OK.
                OK, thanks. I will use an old gmail acct. I will let you know how well the 2 bulbs work. Not a bad price of $15 for an adj white!

Comment

OK, thanks. I will use an old gmail acct. I will let you know how well the 2 bulbs work. Not a bad price of $15 for an adj white!
                  Please do let me know - I had to make some guesses in the plugin to deal with the plain white bulbs as I don't have any (I'm not sure anyone has tested them either with the plugin) which may or may not be correct. I'm hoping that most of it is correct.

Comment

Please do let me know - I had to make some guesses in the plugin to deal with the plain white bulbs as I don't have any (I'm not sure anyone has tested them either with the plugin) which may or may not be correct. I'm hoping that most of it is correct.
                    Will do. They will be here tomorrow.

Comment

Ok, I got 2 of the yeelight II white adj bulbs. I have them in the app and are controllable. The LAN is turned on to each bulb. The PI does not seem to find them at all. In the Home tab the Discovered Devices has nothing listed under it. I have restarted the PI but no change. Bulb model is YLDP05YL.

Comment

Sometime this AM the 2 bulbs popped into the PI. I now have 2 bulbs in the UI and both are controllable. They are working great. Thanks Mr Happy.
                        Here is a pic of devices for you to see.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sometime this AM the 2 bulbs popped into the PI. I now have 2 bulbs in the UI and both are controllable. They are working great. Thanks Mr Happy.
                          Here is a pic of devices for you to see.
                          That is great thank you - not sure what the delay was caused by but the most important thing is they are there. You may find the RGB devices do nothing or make some sort of approximate value...I'll find a way to hide those for non-RGB bulbs.

Comment

That is great thank you - not sure what the delay was caused by but the most important thing is they are there. You may find the RGB devices do nothing or make some sort of approximate value...I'll find a way to hide those for non-RGB bulbs.
                            Your welcome. Let me know when you have a beta or release to try out. I am going to look into the color ones now.

Comment

I have noticed that the root device for the adj. white II has a communication issue status. So I created a temp event to announce if this occurs and pulled the power on the bulb. The device that shows control still has it showing it is on. It has been about a half an hour since I removed power. There is nothing in the HS log except a line that says "Timer Interval Updated to: 5000.

EDIT: 5000 is time interval that's ok. I see this error.
                              Aug-09 10:45:58 AM Yeelight 3P ---> Thread RX Exception: An invalid argument was supplied
                              Aug-09 10:45:58 AM Yeelight 3P UDP RX Thread Started
                              Last edited by cowinger; August 9, 2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I have noticed that the root device for the adj. white II has a communication issue status. So I created a temp event to announce if this occurs and pulled the power on the bulb. The device that shows control still has it showing it is on. It has been about a half an hour since I removed power. There is nothing in the HS log except a line that says "Timer Interval Updated to: 5000.

EDIT: 5000 is time interval that's ok. I see this error.
                                Aug-09 10:45:58 AM Yeelight 3P ---> Thread RX Exception: An invalid argument was supplied
                                Aug-09 10:45:58 AM Yeelight 3P UDP RX Thread Started
                                When the device shows communications error then it is usually indicative of a device that has failed to respond as expected (timeout, refused connection etc), the error about an invalid argument may be linked or not. In terms of your bulbs then how many do you have? When this one raises a communications issue do all of the others still connect and respond OK?

Comment

Working...
                                X