This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 button keypad support...

Are there plans to add support for the 6 button keypad anytime soon?

It's there now, just ignore the extra couple of buttons :>

The latest code I'm testing recognizes the difference and configures the devices properly. Hopefully it will be out this week.

Jon

Originally posted by Near76
    Are there plans to add support for the 6 button keypad anytime soon?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I've notice that almost always, in the current beta, that the SDM never picks up the dim % of my Keypadlink when used locally. I always have mine come on at 40% dim locally, but HS always shows the unit as on at 100%. Any idea if this will be fixed?

Comment

This should be supported in the current build, but there are lots of little interesting behaviors with the switches right now. Please describe how you have the switch programmed and how you are activating it. Did you program a preset on-level? Via X10 or tap-link, etc. What firmware version is the switch? Can you post a log of the activity when you have it go on?

Thanks
        Jon

Originally posted by JB NY
        I've notice that almost always, in the current beta, that the SDM never picks up the dim % of my Keypadlink when used locally. I always have mine come on at 40% dim locally, but HS always shows the unit as on at 100%. Any idea if this will be fixed?
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
          This should be supported in the current build, but there are lots of little interesting behaviors with the switches right now. Please describe how you have the switch programmed and how you are activating it.
          Did you program a preset on-level?

Yes. 40%. This was done by using HS to tun the light to 40% then setting the local On-Level as per the manual (pressing the set button once).

Via X10 or tap-link, etc.
          Not using X10. I linked to the SDM before I installed the Beta 1 plugin. By holding the button for 10 seconds and manually linking it to the SDM. I actually linked the SDM to the Keypadlink and then linked the keypadlink to the SDM. When I upgraded to the Beta 1 plugin I just deleted the keypadlink from HS and manually added the keypadlink. Was that not fine?

What firmware version is the switch?
          Device Type: KeypadLinc V2 Dimmer, Firmware Ver: 28

Can you post a log of the activity when you have it go on?
          I'll get something for you later tonight when I get home.

Comment

One other thing that happen to the keypadlink. I set up a group that included the keypad link. When I used the group to turn off, the keypad link lost it's ramp rate (reset to 100%). I went back and changed the ramp rate in the group to 20% but the ramp rate did not change back. It is still at 100%, When this happened I also lost my local ramp rate as well. Meaning that both local and remote rate rate are now 100%.

Comment

This has been reported by users outside of HomeSeer as well. I have a query into SmartHome about it but I have heard nothing back. I hope it is not some type of firmware bug.

Jon

Originally posted by JB NY
              One other thing that happen to the keypadlink. I set up a group that included the keypad link. When I used the group to turn off, the keypad link lost it's ramp rate (reset to 100%). I went back and changed the ramp rate in the group to 20% but the ramp rate did not change back. It is still at 100%, When this happened I also lost my local ramp rate as well. Meaning that both local and remote rate rate are now 100%.
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Here are the logs.

This is what I did. All done through the Keypadlink.

ON (Should bring to local dim level of 40%)
                DIM Up to 52%
                ON (pressing the ON again brings the device back to 40%)
                OFF

The only time HS reported the dim level was when I raised the dim level from the default dim level.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X