X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
    Hi Bob,

Your plug-in added all 191 of my devices just fine.
    About how long did it take for them all to get added? Just curious. Last time I had 500+ devices add it took a long time so I haven't tried recently. I do want to do some profiling of the code to see if I can determine where the slowness is.

On/Off and Dimming seem to work just fine, but the status indicators show "Off" no matter what the real status is.
    I see that too, or did before I fixed it. It was working at one time then I guess I broke it so thanks for pointing it out.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
      About how long did it take for them all to get added? Just curious. Last time I had 500+ devices add it took a long time so I haven't tried recently. I do want to do some profiling of the code to see if I can determine where the slowness is.

I see that too, or did before I fixed it. It was working at one time then I guess I broke it so thanks for pointing it out.
      I'd say it took about 20 to 25 minutes. Pretty good actually! The only thing I'm worried about right now is running both HS/2 and HS/3 at the same time. What happens if I rename a device in HS/2 will it rename the device in HS/3 when it re-synchs at some point? I just don't want to corrupt the ISY.

Best regards,
      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
        I'd say it took about 20 to 25 minutes. Pretty good actually! The only thing I'm worried about right now is running both HS/2 and HS/3 at the same time. What happens if I rename a device in HS/2 will it rename the device in HS/3 when it re-synchs at some point? I just don't want to corrupt the ISY.

Best regards,
        I'm running both at the same time a lot but I can't say that I've changed devices names much. I usually set them when adding them and rarely change them.

Both plug-in's have code to deal with name changes but I don't remember if I hooked it all up in the HS3 plug-in yet. Worse case is that the HS3 plug-in will get out of sync on the name for a while. The name isn't really used as an identifier by either the ISY or the plug-ins (or even HS for that matter) so won't corrupt the ISY. (But you do have a current backup of the ISY, right?)
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob,

Just an FYI, I noticed that the headers for the Device Filter configuration page is incomplete. I found that it occurs in IE, Google Chrome and Firefox.

Also, looks like this ISY specific trigger events are still work in process. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Todd
          Attached Files
          -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

"Split Location/Name from ISY name using character" does not appear to work.

I installed the plugin last night and set "-" (dash) as the split character. However, the Location (text before the dash) didn't get pulled over.

Example: ISY device name "Kitchen-Table" shows up as "Table" in HS with the Location field blank.

Comment

Todd,

I've noticed the headers missing too, thanks for the reminder to look at it.

ISY specific triggers are not implemented yet (there's something there but it's not really workable).

Brady,

Did you also set location to use the parsed value? That's the dropdown next to location & location2. I've only set them to folder and parent folder and haven't tested the name parsing yet. -- Just tried it and it seems to be working for me. I did change the text from location / location2 to Room / Floor to match the terms used in HS3.
              Last edited by bpwwer; December 17, 2013, 06:16 PM.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

ISY Insteon 3.0.0.0 - preview for HS3

Ok. I'm an idiot.

Set drop down to parse and all is well.

Thanks

Brady

Comment

Just Installed it

it's still adding all the devices form the ISY. been about 30 minutes and its up to 605 devices. No way my ISY has that many. I'll keep you posted when it finishes. Edit: it finished a minute later - 627 Devices. 627 is actually correct because of all the ir codes for all my devices. testing now to see what works and doesn't. FYI - My Homeseer server is running on Windows 7 Pro as a VMware virtual machine

Comment

Wondering if its HS3 or this plug in but i cant see any other plugins to install under manage plugins. Any one else have this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by rizast View Post
                      Wondering if its HS3 or this plug in but i cant see any other plugins to install under manage plugins. Any one else have this issue?
                      Rename or remove the updater_override.txt file. That file overrides the network based updater to allow local installation of the ISYInsteon plug-in.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                        Rename or remove the updater_override.txt file. That file overrides the network based updater to allow local installation of the ISYInsteon plug-in.
                        I renamed it and the list popped up. when I check a plugin to install, there no place to click install.

Comment

I renamed it and the list popped up. when I check a plugin to install, there no place to click install.
                          With the updater_override.txt file renamed, there's nothing any plug-in can do to control the update/install process.

It seems to be working fine for me. When I check a plug-in, I see a "download and install" button (it's above the plug-in list).
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Compatibility view settings in IE was on. Whoops.

Comment

Compatibility view settings in IE was on. Whoops.
                              Glad you found the cause. I wouldn't have thought to look for that.

I've been using chrome as my default browser and so far, it's been working fine with HS3.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Im sure you're still working on it but it if I choose "IF AN ISY DEVICE HAPPENS" and I choose something, it goes back to (choose another)

Comment

Working...
                                X