No announcement yet.

New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It didn't affect the operation of the device, but when I started the plugin I did get an error saying firmware is incorrect, the plugin is designed for 2.1.0? but I have version 2.1.1
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Yeah ignore that. It doesn't give a message if the firmware is 210 - i just made it give a warning if the firmware is different. I might change that to a warning or notification. It won't affect how the code runs.

Comment

Had created my own script last year, and it worked very well, but instead of updating it for the latest firmware figured I might just try yours.

A couple questions on features? is it possible to set the rain delay as well as set the watering % ? In looking at the json docs it almost looks like you can.
        HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
          A couple questions on features? is it possible to set the rain delay as well as set the watering % ?
          Yes - this should all be built in already. You can set both settings independently. You can also set the water % to "automatic" and let the in-build algorithm adjust the watering percentage based on the weather. Let me know how you go.

Cheers.
          Matt.

Comment

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I am wondering if you are going to convert this to a Linux plugin as well, and if that is something you are considering what the timeframe would be?

I have largely got my system moved to linux now, but have held off making the big jump until I get the things all across to linux and one of those things was this plugin which I use throughout the house quite a lot .

Are there any plans to support it on Linux, I am not sure if it uses any specific DLL's but hopefully they should work on Linux?

I should clarify, I don't so much mean run the plugin remote and connect to a linux server but rather run the plugin on the linux HS server.

I did try and give it a go on a linux run, but it gave a conversion from String to integer is invalid which usually has something to do with the INI file from what I can see.

Many Thanks!
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Hi travis,

The only reason why the plugin would not run in Linux is because I am too ignorant to know what I need to do for it to be compatible in Linux. If anyone could educate me I'd be happy to make the changes - alternatively I'm happy to share the source code and let someone else make the required changes.

The 'conversion from string to integer" may be because I am using Convert.ToInteger which may be using a Microsoft dll. Can you give me the exact error message and it will help me to narrow it down. I'll do some googling and see what I can come up with. It may be as simple as changing a few lines but as I said earlier this is above my current level of knowledge. If I knew what to do, I'd do it within a few days.

Cheers.
              Matt.

Edit: Just found a sticky which explains what you need to do. It sounds simple so I'll give it a go on Sunday (no time between now and then).
              Last edited by Mattyjee; February 20, 2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Awesome. Maybe hope for the zee then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for that, it would be fantastic to see it on Linux.

The changes I don't think are too significant, just a bit around paths and conversions to integers and so on.

Thanks for looking into the changes .

Comment

Travis can you please try this (just overwrite the existing .exe file with this one). I think it was in a single line in the INI call sub where I was using a microsoft specific function.

Please try the first one first. If that doesn't work, try the second (make sure the opensprinkler is using port 80). If that also doesn't work, please send me the exact error code.

If either of those work I'll publish the proper fix formally (along with a few other minor changes). Let me know please.

Cheers.
                    matt.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking good to me .

I am getting an error with this, but I also got that on my windows system of late: Error - Failed in attempt to write to program devices.

It is late here so I can't fire up the sprinklers which I will do tomorrow to confirm it is communicating correctly but from first impressions it seems to be working .

Many thanks for being so quick, you could have waited a bit lol!

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                        A couple questions on features? is it possible to set the rain delay as well as set the watering % ? In looking at the json docs it almost looks like you can.
                        Matt, I don't think I specified completely, or I am not seeing something. Can I set the Rain Delay from HomeSeer? Ultimately through a Event, but perhaps even on the device management page?

Some other notes after using it a couple days:
                        - If I change a station name in OS, it would be nice to be able to get that to update in HS, either automatically, or at least through the Let's Go button. Right now I have to delete all the devices in HS, then choose Let's Go. And when that happens my hstouch loses all the devices.

- If a station is disabled, it would be nice to show that status on the device management page

- Would be really slick to be able to enable/disable schedules from a HS event

- would love to be able to pull some more status info in to some devices, like OS Sunrise time, OS Sunset time, some of the recent log entries, OS version. I know that not everyone would be interested in these, so maybe a config page letting us select which devices to create?

- when a station is queued to run after another, it shows as running in HS, just a thought to perhaps show them as queued so we know which station is actually watering?

Sorry about the long winded message and all the feature requests, but your plug in has me excited and wishing for spring time.
                        HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Yes - you should be able to set rain delay from Homeseer. You simply select the number of hours you want it set for. This can be done through events or the device management page (or HSTouch).

Station names - yes this will update when you press the rebuild devices (lets go) button on the config page. In effect, the rebuild devices button will delete and rebuild the devices but use the existing ref IDs so that events don't get broken. The new names wont display until you close and reopen the device management page (HS3 issue, not plugin issue).

I was already working on a log and the enable/disable schedules - but haven't published it yet. I'll aim to add some of the other features when I do this - probably in about 3 weeks time.

Travis - which of the two files was working? Also, what exactly did you do for that error message to show up? In the mean time you can use the file I've given you but the next release I'll do with have the linux fix applied.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I was using the first version of the linux plugin, and after enabling the plugin that error occurred, I had not opened any valves or changed any devices etc.

Comment

Plugin not compatible with Firmware 212??

Hi
                              I just built a DIY opensprinkler at version 2.2u. When I start the HS3 plugin which is at version 1.1.0.0 I get the following message
                              Warning: Firmware detected is 212. This plugin is built for 210.
                              The devices are built and all appears to be working at this time, but I'm early in to it.
                              Any advice on this warning would be appreciate.
                              Thank you

Comment

I'm using Firmware v2.1.2 with plugin v1.1.0.0 and it works fine for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X