HS3 MySensors.org plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
    This looks very interesting, especially for current and/or future arduino users.

How does this plug-in compare to enigmatheatre's arduino plug-in?
    Answering my own question from earlier: I subsequently found out that enigmatheatre's plug-in doesn't work under Linux, and so this mysensors plug-in is the only choice I'm aware of that works for an HS3 that's running on a Linux platform (which is how I'm set up).

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
      Are you running HS3 on Debian or Ubuntu, or some other fork?
      Windows XP.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

@sparkman:
        Ok, got it The MySensors protocol does not specify anything related to lightning but I believe that the sensor type S_DISTANCE can be used? The currently released plugin does support the S_DISTANCE sensor type.

@NeverDie
        Have you talked to Greig about Linux support? It might or might not be an issue to modify his plugin to support Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
          @sparkman:
          Ok, got it The MySensors protocol does not specify anything related to lightning but I believe that the sensor type S_DISTANCE can be used? The currently released plugin does support the S_DISTANCE sensor type.
          Ok, thanks!

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi,

The initial post has been updated with a new release.

Edit: I will release a new version in a few days with a modified way of sending S_RAIN sensor values. The values from the S_RAIN sensor are currently x1000 in the messages from the gateway to the controller.

Best regards,
            Henrik
            Last edited by hleidecker; January 12, 2015, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Comment

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your feedback.
                • Timeout - You can set a timout (in minutes) for each device. Click on the device in the device list and go to the MySensors tab. 0 minutes (default) disables the timeout. An error will be presented in the device list when the status of a device is unchanged for the defined number of minutes.
                • Ethernet gateway - I've spent a lot of time trying to implement support for the Ethernet gateway. I tried both the WizNet and the ENC28J60 board and none of the setups were stable ... I have abandoned it for now. I will get back to it, when the plugin is more complete/stable.

Best regards,
                Henrik

Comment

Hello,

Thanks voor the explanation .

I have tried this and the timeout is working .
                  But when there is a timeout, there is no way to reset this error.
                  I see that the sensor is working but he is staying on communication error.
                  Ok understanding the Ethernet problems .

Maybe this is a option

http://hackaday.com/2014/08/26/new-c...-module-its-5/

Ed

Comment

Hi Ed,

The communication error will disappear when the next sensor value is received.

Best regards,
                    Henrik

Comment

Hello Henrik,

No that is not working.
                      i have restart the plugin
                      restart Homeseer but he is staying on communication error.

I see that temp sensor is updating (last change)\but no new value

Ed

Comment

Hi,

I've just released s new version of the plugin with a single correction - Input from the Rain sensor is no longer divded by 1000. I've updated the test ino file accordingly.

The communication failure text and icon disappears as soon as new data is received in my test setups. Please provide more details.

Best regards,
                        Henrik

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ed,

Thank you. This information enabled me to track down the issue. It will be solved in the next release.

Henrik

Comment

Thank you for this plugin.

So much fun, so litle cost

Comment

I've not used arduino boards, but the prospects look very interesting. At present, I am looking for a very simple application which would require only 1 input from a 120v relay with a contact connected to a board and subsequently reporting the state of the relay to HS (power monitoring). any suggestions on which board could be used?

Comment

Working...
                                X