Factory Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Reset

Can anyone tell me how to do a factory reset on a Z-Net, including deleting all nodes from the built-in Z-Wave controller?
    Thanks.

Enter the z-net IP address with a port of 911 and there should be an option there.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for replying. But your suggestion doesn't work on a Z-Net. There is no response from port 911 on the Z-Net.
      It does work on a Zee but not on the Z-Net.

I want to factory reset my Z-Net so I can use it in a different place for different devices. I can't find out how to clear all the existing nodes from the built in Z-Wave controller.

Comment

Try Plugins->Z-Wave->Controller Management

Expand your interface under Z-Wave Interfaces

Select Actions and go to end of list: ERASE this interface and Create a New Network
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gconey View Post
          Thanks for replying. But your suggestion doesn't work on a Z-Net. There is no response from port 911 on the Z-Net.
          It does work on a Zee but not on the Z-Net.

I want to factory reset my Z-Net so I can use it in a different place for different devices. I can't find out how to clear all the existing nodes from the built in Z-Wave controller.
          Ah - sorry about that. You are correct - the 911 port is for the Zee...
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The Erase interface option was what I was looking for. I didn't see it there at the end of that menu. Thanks a lot. Most helpful.

Comment

I just got a second z-net from someone and I want to factory reset. The warning message when selecting this option says:

Note: The erase operation deletes all Z-Wave information from your controller.
              It also removes the Z-Wave node ID from all of your existing Z-Wave devices.
              After this procedure, your devices will no longer function.
              You will need to re-add your devices.
              If you plan on restoring your Z-Wave node information from a backup file,
              use the "Restore a Network to this Interface option".
              (emphasis added by me)

Does this mean it will remove the z-wave node ID form all my z-wave devices on my main z-net? I don't want that. I just want to reset this z-wave device to factory and start it from fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                I just got a second z-net from someone and I want to factory reset. The warning message when selecting this option says:

(emphasis added by me)

Does this mean it will remove the z-wave node ID form all my z-wave devices on my main z-net? I don't want that. I just want to reset this z-wave device to factory and start it from fresh.
                Just bumping this to see if anyone can help me out

Comment

I just went through this process having to replace a dead Z-net.

The warning is scary, but it only erases the one z-net not more than one. You just have to be certain you are erasing the correct Z-net.

To be safe backup the main interface. You might even take the main interface off line before you erase the new Z-net to be absolutely sure

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                    I just went through this process having to replace a dead Z-net.

The warning is scary, but it only erases the one z-net not more than one. You just have to be certain you are erasing the correct Z-net.

To be safe backup the main interface. You might even take the main interface off line before you erase the new Z-net to be absolutely sure
                    Thanks for the tips. I'll follow your recommendations

Comment

Working...
                    X