Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Dark Mode

*Agree on a professional UI designer review

* Secondary app login method optional, and/or forced for certain actions like door unlock and alarm disarm.

* Reduce clicks. For example in the default HS Touch layout to turn off a bed see lamp it would be four clicks to turn off a light.

2nd floor -> bedroom -> lamp -> off

I don't necessarily want this object pinned to a home screen as it may not be an often controlled device, but do want to be able to manipulate it with less effort.

* MyHS (or whatever the new app uses) service status indicator page.

* Ability to pin commonly used events to some location.

* HomeKit, I personally don't use it so I won't miss any integration.

* Siri, I probably wouldn't use it as we use Alexa for any voice interaction when at home. I'm not one to really talk to a digital personal assistant when in public.

* Native push notifications with different alert levels and different tones. I use pushover today but would prefer something native.

* Reliable and fast fast fast reconnects when starting the app or bringing it to the foreground. Quickness trumps glitter and features for me. Our home alarm recently went off at night while we were not home. My wife happened to be pulling into our driveway when the alarm went off and she was nervous to go inside. I told her to hold on and I'd turn on all the lights to spook out any possible intruder and get a better camera shot if one was in there before she goes in. HS Touch failed me and refused to connect no matter how many times I closed and opened it. I was not pleased and the $ I have dumped into HA took a reliability hit on wife acceptance factor that day. Thankfully we quickly determined why it had gone off (damn fat cat) and it was a false alarm so no dispatch was necessary.

* Access to event log.

* Access to view plug-in status and restart plug-ins.

* More to come I'm sure.

If anyone has ever used the UniFi mobile app from Ubiquiti it is to me a great example of a well laid out yet extremely versatile app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Auto dim and wake on motion. Works great in Imperihome for several wall mounted tablets i don't want glaring at night

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a quick scan through the other requests and didn't see these mentioned. I apologize if I missed them.

1. Easy dead bolt pin code additions/deletions.

2. Multi-location. An easier method for connecting to a different residence without having to completely kill the app and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
          I did a quick scan through the other requests and didn't see these mentioned. I apologize if I missed them.

1. Easy dead bolt pin code additions/deletions.

2. Multi-location. An easier method for connecting to a different residence without having to completely kill the app and start over.
          +1[emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            We have looked at many HA apps, and while there isn't a standard, I did not find one that forced a login. I would say if you want security, make sure your phone auto locks.

But that being said, I would like to hear feedback from others. Would you want a secondary login to get into this app? I would never use it as my phone locks automatically and I don't want the extra step. If there is interest, we could make this an option.
            I'm with Rich on this one. Apps that force you to login separately are very annoying. An app should be entered as conveniently as a button or menu item within an app. It shouldn't feel like you're leaving one world and entering another. It should feel like just another page of functions. Just the same as entering the mail app or phone app on the device.

If a user is security minded, he should set it up properly on the device. But as a dev, don't assume that your users are too dumb to do that and force a second level of authentication.

Furthermore, it should work behind the scenes to establish and maintain whatever connections it needs to function. Unlike HSTouch, a failed connection should not require you to exit/kill/restart the app.

I'm also an advocate for a dark theme.

Push Notifications would be great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              I'm with Rich on this one. Apps that force you to login separately are very annoying. An app should be entered as conveniently as a button or menu item within an app. It shouldn't feel like you're leaving one world and entering another. It should feel like just another page of functions. Just the same as entering the mail app or phone app on the device.

If a user is security minded, he should set it up properly on the device. But as a dev, don't assume that your users are too dumb to do that and force a second level of authentication.

Furthermore, it should work behind the scenes to establish and maintain whatever connections it needs to function. Unlike HSTouch, a failed connection should not require you to exit/kill/restart the app.

I'm also an advocate for a dark theme.

Push Notifications would be great as well.

Comment

Generally speaking I will say the fact that another app/business doesn't do something should be a (large) factor in not doing it yourself. I wouldn't put HomeSeer on the same level as HomeKit or Alexa, the latter two being entry level consumer products.

I don't think secondary login is a must, but as an optional item or optional for specific tasks (unlock, disarm for example) it may be a nice to have if it's an easy code addition in the APIs.

I have some apps setup for Touch ID in addition to my normal phone unlock. Financial apps, UniFi, and a couple others who escape me right now as I don't use them very often.

Comment

I think the app should not require secondary login, but should be optional.

I don't give my kids access to everything via HS touch, only devices in there rooms and handful of other ones in the house. Otherwise they will be kids turning lights on/off because it is fun or annoying to their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                    I don't give my kids access to everything via HS touch, only devices in there rooms and handful of other ones in the house. Otherwise they will be kids turning lights on/off because it is fun or annoying to their parents.
                    For the sake of argument, wouldn't the use case for kids better be handled with user level permissions? Where their device logs in as their user, and is limited to the things their user has access to?

Comment

For the sake of argument, wouldn't the use case for kids better be handled with user level permissions? Where their device logs in as their user, and is limited to the things their user has access to?
                      If you are referring to the device permissions in HS, yes. That's what I meant.

So the secondary login being debated is not the user login from HS that also carries with it the device permissions?

If the new mobile client is going to have the user login from HS, then I agree that secondary login to open the app is not necessary.

I guess I should have read back in the thread a bit more...

Comment

Comment

isn't that what "guided access mode" is made for?

Comment

isn't that what "guided access mode" is made for?
                            I don't know as I have no kids and have not used it. Every friend of mine seems to hand their phone over to their kids without entering a special mode for a game or Netflix or some other digital baby sitter.

Comment

Notifications and geo-fencing please

I've seen in a few places that these are road-mapped but will not be included in the initial release. I'm just commenting here to add my vote that these features be made a priority!

Comment

I'd really like to see the app switch seamlessly between using the local LAN and MyHS. The Imperihome App does it great on my Android phone, so I never really have to worry about switching between LAN and WAN when I'm not home.

Also, a way to copy over configs between devices would be great. That way I can set things up and then copy them over to my wifes phone. Now, if there were a way to keep the config locally on the phone, but pull up an updated config from the HS server when there was one available, that would be awesome.

G

Comment

Working...
                                X