Zee S2 and a new Wireless Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee S2 and a new Wireless Router

My Zee S2 works very well here in the UK. I do have to reboot it now and then as its clock sometimes drifts?

Currently I use a BT Wireless Router and it allows remote access. But the BT internet service here in my rural area is both slow and unreliable.
    So I am changing to a Huawei Wireless Router with a SIM card to connect over 3G, as I am opposite a Three network mobile phone mast.

Here is my question: to allow remote access do I need to configure Port Forwarding on the new router, or does the MyHS remote access automatically take care of this? If I do need Port Forwarding, can you please remind me how to configure this?

Many thanks!!!

No need to open up your system to the outside world. MyHS should look after all this if you've registered for it. Google your brand of router and it should give you instructions on port forwarding rules. Varies from different models.

The clock drifting is a little puzzling. It should be synching off an ntp server so the drifting doesn't make sense.

Comment

Here for my RPi2's have been using a PiFace RTC shim for keeping time.

and have used a in house GPS / PPS for time now for about 15 years.

Backup internet here is 3G via a Ericcson W.25 purchased used a few years back for around $25.00 USD from Australia.

[ATTACH]69832[/ATTACH]

At the time of purchase T-Mobile would not let me register a combo LTE modem.

Looking to upgrade to a combo LTE modem if T-Mobile lets me use it.

Combo ==> WAP, Network, Firewall and phone connection.
      Last edited by Pete; July 9, 2018, 07:03 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

A quick update if anyone interested here. I hate BT!!! So I have ditched them as I am luckily opposite a Three mobile phone mast, see above posting. The new Huaweii router works seamlessly with the Zee S2, port forwarding gone away and no longer needed. Coooool.

Comment

Working...
        X