Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Homeseer, long term Squeezebox user. Purchased HS3 and SB plugin. When I install plugin from HS then reboot, I get this error on HS startup, and the plugin never shows up on the plugins page. What to do? Thanks!

14/10/2013 01:11:22 ~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) hspi_squeezebox.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE hspi_squeezebox.exe: Method 'Playlist_Delete_Tracks' in type 'hspi_squeezebox.HSPI_INSTANCE' from assembly 'hspi_squeezebox, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpmeautomate View Post
      New to Homeseer, long term Squeezebox user. Purchased HS3 and SB plugin. When I install plugin from HS then reboot, I get this error on HS startup, and the plugin never shows up on the plugins page. What to do? Thanks!

14/10/2013 01:11:22 ~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) hspi_squeezebox.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE hspi_squeezebox.exe: Method 'Playlist_Delete_Tracks' in type 'hspi_squeezebox.HSPI_INSTANCE' from assembly 'hspi_squeezebox, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

Re-reading the thread I did have a trial of HS2 with the SB plugin - could this be my problem? Although I've un-installed HS2 and deleted the HS2 install folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpmeautomate View Post

Nothing you did, but related to the fact that the latest HS3 requires two additional media APIs to be implemented. I noticed the same when I upgraded this weekend, added them and set an new version of the plug-in to the updater. It should be there within a day or two. See thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162365 for similar discussions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

pcp,

I am starting to use your plugin more in the HS3 environment.
          One of the events I am creating is mimicking sleepfunction for the bedroom music. I find it very hard to use the sliders for lowering the volume. Woiuld it be possible to accept the typed values - or show the value while using the slider? It feels like gambling for me now to lower volume 2 steps for example....

The same for setting the volume - setting volume to 80% takes a few time pressing the + sign to see what value you have reached.

Thanks!

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

SqueezeBox plugin V3.0.0 Beta for HS3

Yes I can add other options to change the volume for example up and down buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
              Yes I can add other options to change the volume for example up and down buttons.
              Buttons would be good.
              Just a text field might be easiest fo me - do not know about others?
              In my situation I will always know what volume I want to set as volume for events.
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Version 3.0.4 is available from the updater. It includes multiple fixes and new features such as buttons to change the speech volume, a player media browser web page and revised action & trigger configurations. One known problem is when selecting the "Play library entry" action, the media browser list box is not always displayed.

Best to install and get all new features is to install, unselect and reselect player in plugin status page (which will delete and recreate devices). Due to changes in several actions, it could be that some have to be re-created as well.

Comment

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, but I was hoping I could make a TTS feature request , and also report a bug as well.

The bug is when I select the Squeezeplayer Proxy action becomes Speaking. I can select the squeeze proxy part fine, but when I do to select "Becomes Speaking" it does not let me and just returns to the selection window.

The feature request itself is more around how to best handle TTS and the various clients. At the moment I can select which clients I want to TTS to by setting the speak volume to 100% on the various speaker clients (Squeeze players) then sent my TTS. However if I want to control them differently, or just send one message to one client, then another to a different one it becomes slightly more difficult.

What would be great, is if each LMS device could be sent a message as if it were a normal speaker client, so for example if I had player A that I wanted to send a message to, rather than doing this:

Set All Players Speak Volume 0
                  Set Player A Speak Volume 100
                  hs.Speak("This is what i want to speak to player A")

I could do this instead:

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player A", True, "LMS:Player A")

If it did work this way it would be far easier to speak to just a specific player (e.g. I may only want to speak to a LMS device and not all the speaker clients, or vice versa). Just food for thought but this would be a very desirable feature as potentially you could speak multiple (different) messages to multiple (different) players which would very much help the WAF.

The main thing is that it be seamless, so not only does the speaker volume get set to a default (e.g. 100% value) but also the right file gets sent to that device, so in one event I could potentially call:

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player A", False, "LMS:Player A")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player B", False, "LMS:Player B")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player C", False, "LMS:Player C")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player D", False, "LMS:Player D")

even if I could not send multiple TTS messages at once, it would still be a fair bit easier, you could then potentially just do something like LMS:* to speak to all clients if you don't want to speak a specific message, then if a message comes through as *:* or hs.speak without host specified it would work as it currently works now .

Just an idea
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Just a couple of curiosity questions?

1 - Will the HS3 SB player plugin be available in the new HS3 "portable" and remote format such that I can run it on any device wintel or linux sometime in the future?
                    2 - Will the plugin be HS3 for Linux compatible sometime in the future?
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                      Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, but I was hoping I could make a TTS feature request , and also report a bug as well.

The bug is when I select the Squeezeplayer Proxy action becomes Speaking. I can select the squeeze proxy part fine, but when I do to select "Becomes Speaking" it does not let me and just returns to the selection window.

The feature request itself is more around how to best handle TTS and the various clients. At the moment I can select which clients I want to TTS to by setting the speak volume to 100% on the various speaker clients (Squeeze players) then sent my TTS. However if I want to control them differently, or just send one message to one client, then another to a different one it becomes slightly more difficult.

What would be great, is if each LMS device could be sent a message as if it were a normal speaker client, so for example if I had player A that I wanted to send a message to, rather than doing this:

Set All Players Speak Volume 0
                      Set Player A Speak Volume 100
                      hs.Speak("This is what i want to speak to player A")

I could do this instead:

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player A", True, "LMS:Player A")

If it did work this way it would be far easier to speak to just a specific player (e.g. I may only want to speak to a LMS device and not all the speaker clients, or vice versa). Just food for thought but this would be a very desirable feature as potentially you could speak multiple (different) messages to multiple (different) players which would very much help the WAF.

The main thing is that it be seamless, so not only does the speaker volume get set to a default (e.g. 100% value) but also the right file gets sent to that device, so in one event I could potentially call:

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player A", False, "LMS:Player A")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player B", False, "LMS:Player B")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player C", False, "LMS:Player C")

hs.speak("This is what i want to speak to player D", False, "LMS:Player D")

even if I could not send multiple TTS messages at once, it would still be a fair bit easier, you could then potentially just do something like LMS:* to speak to all clients if you don't want to speak a specific message, then if a message comes through as *:* or hs.speak without host specified it would work as it currently works now .

Just an idea
                      I will look at the "Squeezeplayer Proxy action becomes Speaking" issue. Great suggestion about using the speaker argument of the speak command to route to a specific player. It is partially covered using at least speaker host (LMS in the example) to speak on all players or not (it needs to match the speaker name given in the plugin configuration). It's been a while since I looked at the TTS and don't recall if I do nay matching on the instance as well (Player A, etc). Will see if I can at it to the next release.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Just a couple of curiosity questions?

1 - Will the HS3 SB player plugin be available in the new HS3 "portable" and remote format such that I can run it on any device wintel or linux sometime in the future?
                        2 - Will the plugin be HS3 for Linux compatible sometime in the future?
                        1 - Pete, by portable, you mean running the plugin and HS3 on different servers? For example the plugin on Windows and HS3 on Linux? I have not done any testing, but a configuration I hope to support. I don't know why it should not work already except maybe for some dynamic images (cover art) that might need to be pushed to HS3. Let me know if you encounter any problems or have suggestions.

2 - I have not done any testing with HS3 on Linux (independently from plugin). Not sure yet if I will support Linux nor how much work it will be. Might give it a try once I converted my other plugins and converted my whole system to HS3. Do you see benefits running HS3 on Linux vs Windows such as performance, response time, stability?

Comment

you mean running the plugin and HS3 on different servers?
                          Yup. Here have been running HS3 Pro on Ubuntu. I also have it running on Wintel. That said though I am concentrating my efforts mostly in the Linux world these days. To date I have only tested the new UPB HS3 plugin.

I don't know why it should not work already except maybe for some dynamic images (cover art) that might need to be pushed to HS3.
                          Will test it out in Linux. I have not at this time. I did install your HS2 version on the HS2Pro box to play with. (currently running two HS2 boxes, HS3 Zee, HS3 Pro on Linux and HS3 Pro on Wintel).

Personally have not utilized HS to manage my media but have purchased and tested a variety of plugins related to media management.

I am doing this in baby steps.

Unrelated but related to the new HS3 UPB plugin:

1 - tested the UBP plugin on Wintel and Linux
                          2 - tested the UPP plugin in portable mode running it on a separate Wintel box and / or Linux box.

Recently reinstalled from scratch LMS such that its running on my MythTV box using Ubuntu 12.X.

Looking to run the HS3 Plugin on the same box talking to HS3 Pro for Linux running on a separate box.

That said I built a capacitance touchscreen Intel Atom based Squeezeplayer OS only box which runs quickly using Ubuntu Linux.

I have two of these currently in place and running. One is connected to one source port on the Russound zoned amplifier and the other one is connected to a sub zone in the master bedroom. It is now next to an HSTouch client also connected to a sub zone in the master bedroom. The response times controlling it remotely are quick.

I have done similiar using same box with a custom OS XBMC. It does fine streaming live TV / HD stuff for me right now. These tabletop tablets are literally all over the house these days. They are running Linux, Wintel and Android.

I utilize Russound for some 12 zoned areas of sound. In the mix I have 5(7) subzones with their own MM stuff either sources locally or remotely depending. (I have installed some 4 XBMC only boxes next to 4 LCD TVs today). I am also using 8 more zones of audio via the AB8SS controller and separate amps. (a bit of a sandbox and much WAF patience).
                          Last edited by Pete; January 1, 2014, 10:20 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

pcp

I have been testing the upgrade today. Upgrade went wrong when the plugin was enabled - the exe file was still locked it seems. After disabling the plugin upgrade worked fine. I have attached the log part for the first upgrade to this message.

Second: I have seen the buttons in de device management page, which is a nice addition for me. But I miss them (plus a visual number) in the events, where I really needed them. It is in the events where I think the slider is not really pracical compared to for example a textbox. To clarify what I mean, I have attached the second image (for a good idea, the decrement here should be "2", which takes a few gambles)

I am at loss on the correct setting for the speaker client. When I set the speaker client to "LMS" in the configuration andI address "LMS:*" I am not getting any speech to the squeezebox clients. Only when I address all speaker clients, I get speech on the squeezebox clients. I checked the documentation, but the paragraphs are still a bit empty on this subject. How could I address the squeezbox clients only?

Regards,

Wim
                            Attached Files
                            -- Wim

Comment

Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding the upgrade process, I notices something similar when I upgraded another plugin while it was running. I had to disable it.

I will change the slider in the actions with a different control in the next version. Ideally a type in box with a spinner, but don't think that it is currently an available control.

I also started to look at speaking on specific client players. For now if you specify let's say "LMS" as the speaker client in the configuration and call hs.Speak("Text", False, "LMS") it should only speak on SqueezeBox playersdevices (all that have a speak volume > 0). I hope to enhance this in the next update.

Comment

I am trying to update to the latest version of the plugin, running the latest version of HS3 and Windows 7. Upon doing an update I get the following error, followed by a HS crash

7/01/2014 7:40:41 PM
                                Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                HomeSeer version: 3.0.0.54
                                Source: Scheduler
                                Target: Void InitSingleIOPlugin(System.String, System.String)
                                Stack trace:
                                at Scheduler.clsHSPI.InitSingleIOPlugin(String PlugName, String InstanceName)
                                at A.cfa0c175bbbe8b3f641749e50d5de5c9c.cf62203fbe33ebe16b6cb35a 44cafaba4()
                                at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                                at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
                                Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:
                                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X