This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing MyHS Remote Access Service!

We're pleased to announce our new "MyHS" Remote Access service! The new service allows users to connect their systems remotely without the need for port forwarding or dynamic DNS address tracking.

Cost
    myHS Standard service will be FREE! The standard service allows for one user and one HomeSeer system (perfect for most users). Bandwidth will be limited to standard web data (most users).

myHS Premium Service will be $2/month (billed yearly). The premium service allows for multiple systems and multiple users and will support higher bandwidth. Users will netcams will benefit from the additional bandwidth.

Try it Out!
    If you'd like to try it, follow the steps below:
    1. Download and install the latest HS3 beta software http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167134
    2. Download the install the latest HSTouch server plug-in from your HS3 updter
    3. Download and install the latest HSTouch Android client from the Google Play store or Apple iTunes app store
    4. Navigate to http://myhs.homeseer.com and click the register link. You'll need your HS3 license ID and password. You can obtain license information by using this form: http://homeseer.com/company/licensing-issues.htm
    5. Check your email and click the verification link to complete your registration
    6. Log in and give it a whirl!

Note: If you are logging into HSTouch from your home network, make sure you add your MyHS user/pass combination to HomeSeer on the Netowork tab in Setup. MyHS uses these credentials when it logs you in. If you connect remotely (outside your home), the first time you connect, your MyHS credentials are automatically added to HomeSeer.

If you run into any issues, please post them to our bugzilla bug tracker in the HS3 section. http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/

FAQ
    Q: Why is HomeSeer offering this service now?
    A: Our focus with the release of HS3 and the HomeTroller Zee, has been to simplify our systems so that virtually anyone can add automation to their lives. MyHS furthers this goal by taking the headaches out of remote setup.

Q: Will I still be able to use port forwarding and DDNS to access my system directly if I want to?
    A: Yes, those options will remain available

Q: Will myHomeSeer-Connect DDNS service still be available?
    A: Yes, for the time being, as long as folks still want it.

Q: If I'm accessing my system from home, will my connection be routed through the myHS 'tunnel'?
    A: No, when you attempt the connection from home, myHS will change to the local LAN connection automatically.

Q: Is this service really FREE or are there any hidden fees?
    A: Yes, the standard service is totally free for most users. Those with multiple systems or multiple users or those wanting to stream cameras should consider the premium service.

Q: Is myHS secure?
    A: Yes, all transmissions are encrypted

Q: Will HomeSeer use myHS to spy on me?
    A: No. We can check to see which accounts are connected and how much bandwidth is being consumed, but no specific usage data is revealed or recorded. If you choose not to use myHS, you can disable the connection altogether in the HS3 setup area.

Q: Can I delete my account if I decide not to use myHS?
    A: Of course. Just log in on the Admin page and remove your account.

Q: Does this work for all HSTouch clients?
    A: It works with Android and IOS clients.

Q: How do I upgrade to the premium service?
    A: Purchase here: http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P1785C30.aspx

---------------------
    Last edited by macromark; January 29, 2016, 03:25 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I screwed up and registered on my laptop, instead of the phone. Tried registering again and it says name is already taken. How can I "undo" the laptop registration?

Thanks,
    Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
      I screwed up and registered on my laptop, instead of the phone. Tried registering again and it says name is already taken. How can I "undo" the laptop registration?

Thanks,
      Barry
      Where or what you use to register shouldn't matter at all. Did you verify your email after registering and did you try logging in after that?

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Where or what you use to register shouldn't matter at all. Did you verify your email after registering and did you try logging in after that?
        I did register and got the verification email. Clicked that and logged in, still on the laptop. The standard Web page on my local network opened.

I then tried it on the phone (entered name and password) and it says it can't connect and asked if I registered. Tried registering again on the phone and it said the username was taken. Tried a different email and it said the license was already in use.

Barry

Comment

I did register and got the verification email. Clicked that and logged in, still on the laptop. The standard Web page on my local network opened.

I then tried it on the phone (entered name and password) and it says it can't connect and asked if I registered. Tried registering again on the phone and it said the username was taken. Tried a different email and it said the license was already in use.

Barry
          Barry - Be sure to install the latest Android HSTouch client on your phone and be sure to enter your myHS account email and password in the HSTouch settings.

Comment

Barry - Be sure to install the latest Android HSTouch client on your phone and be sure to enter your myHS account email and password in the HSTouch settings.
            I was using the latest Andriod client. I downloaded it on my phone and it came up with myHomeSeer as a connect option. Went into setting and entered the email address and passwork I had used to register. It just refuses to connect.

No rush on this. I do appreciate the quick response, but you all have had a busy day.

Thanks,
            Barry

Comment

I was using the latest Andriod client. I downloaded it on my phone and it came up with myHomeSeer as a connect option. Went into setting and entered the email address and passwork I had used to register. It just refuses to connect.

No rush on this. I do appreciate the quick response, but you all have had a busy day.

Thanks,
              Barry
              Barry - Just double check your versions. You must be using HS3 version 3.0.0.80 with HSTouch server plug-in version 3.0.0.34 and HSTouch Android client 1.0.0.76. If you're up to date on all of these, and you can access the web interface by logging in on your browser... but still can't access on your Android device, then log a bug in bugzilla and one of the engineers will help.

Comment

I'm having similar problems, probably person at the wheel on my part. Does HSConnect have to be set up in HS3 / Setup /Network, and if so, what does one put in for myconnect domain?

Barry - Just double check your versions. You must be using HS3 version 3.0.0.80 with HSTouch server plug-in version 3.0.0.34 and HSTouch Android client 1.0.0.76. If you're up to date on all of these, and you can access the web interface by logging in on your browser... but still can't access on your Android device, then log a bug in bugzilla and one of the engineers will help.
                Don

Comment

Password update failed. (Error 3)

I did register and now it wont take my password so I thought I would change it but when I do I get:

Also for forgetful people like me is there a way to recover your user name?

Greig.
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                    I did register and now it wont take my password so I thought I would change it but when I do I get:

Also for forgetful people like me is there a way to recover your user name?

Greig.
                    if you can copy and paste that into Bugzilla that will be the quickest way to get this solved. The engineers are monitoring that and I am monitoring the message board

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                      I'm having similar problems, probably person at the wheel on my part. Does HSConnect have to be set up in HS3 / Setup /Network, and if so, what does one put in for myconnect domain?
                      this new service really has nothing to do with the old service so no it's not necessary to have the old service to use the new service

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167135
                        Don

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt
                          My android shows current at .54,, how do I update
                          Just re-read the first post in this thread for links to all the software you'll need.

Comment

Nice! I really like this feature. Saves me from having to use a free DDNS provider and setup two connections (one inside and one outside). Also... greatly improves the Wife Acceptance Factor (doesn't know the difference from WIFI and Bluetooth)

Also connections seem to be faster.

I would however like to know how this works as I didn't give it any information on how to connect to my server etc. Also my Internet Connection is Cable and uses dynamic IP addresses. Is this a problem?

Thanks

Comment

What are you using for a user name at myhs.homeseer.com? I am using my email address....

Still trying to get connected....

Originally posted by gearyt
                              In and working...
                              Don

Comment

Working...
                              X