Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I'm very interested in using your plugin. However, my system is controled by 6 relays and not by a rain8 or whatever. Is there a way to make the plugin control independent devices, each connected to a single relay? That would make the plugin really universal.

Comment

It has that capability as long as each relay is associated with a Homeseer Device Code and the relay can be controlled with On and Off commands.

By using relay you will typically have a low cost implementation, but you miss out on the monitoring that is typically obtained with internal timers in irrigation controllers. You also miss out on the two way communications that mcsSprinklers will use if the controller/relay has status feedback. Relay will not provide the feedback as to which state it is really in and mcsSprinklers will just trust that when it commands it to be ON or OFF it will go to that state.

Comment

I currently have a pro license for HS2. If I upgrade to HS3, do I have to purchase another license? If yes, is there any discount for upgrading from a HS2 license?

Thanks

Comment

It is all handled by HS store. I believe it shows a discount in the updater for an HS2 to HS3 vs. HS3 only.

Comment

Updating to 2.17.0.5 gives me the following error:
            Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Install/Update of package mcsSprinklersB failed.
            Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Error Installation of package mcsSprinklersB failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
            Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\mcsSprinklersB2.17.0.5
            Feb-11 12:41:30 Error Error unzipping C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\mcsSprinklersB2.17.0.5\mcsSprinklersB_2_17_0_5_ HS3.zip, EOF in header on line 0
            Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Installing package mcsSprinklersB
            Feb-11 12:41:30 Updater Update HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSB.exe downloaded successfully

When I go to the zip file, the zip is there, but it is empty.
            Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

You are correct, it looks like the upload failed. I did the upload again.

Comment

PRO standalone

Michael,
                I currently have the pro version standalone at version 2.15.0.27. Is there a separate upgrade for the standalone version? If not, do I still just take the .dll from the latest version of HS3 to upgrade?

Comment

Each year major version releases are produced. They are available at mcsSprinklers.com setup.exe. Updates within the year are available via Other page or can be manually downloaded as .dll from mcsSprinklers.com. The .dll for standalone and HS1/HS2 are the same. The HS3 .dll is different.

If you want to change from Standalone to plugin then this needs to be done via standard HST purchase. I do not have any HS3 license management capability. I can provide a HS2 license based upon your standalone one and then you can get upgrade rather than original pricing.

I forgot about looking into UPB. I thought this was about the HS3 version. Was it for standalone?

Comment

Michael is there a way to download the current version for HS3? If I try the update option via the Other Setup page it appears to either kill Homeseer or shut it down and not restart. So when I restart Homeseer it does come back up, but still shows the old version of 2.18.1.2.

Thanks,
                    Jeff

Comment

The HS3 mechanism is via the HS3 updater. With HST now hosting all plugins it is taking some time to get that process working. I continue to also put the updater package on mcsSprinklers.com. It can be downloaded from this site and the update done manually. All you need is the HSPI and the _2009.dll from the zip. From Plugin page stop mcsSprinklersP. Replace the two files and then start mcsSprinklersP up again. A typical updater package file name has the format mcsSprinklersP_2_18_3_2_HS3.zip.

Comment

I did try downloading the version from the website and the mcssprinklers_2009.dll does appear to be the current version 2.18.3.2 if I check the hspi_mcssprinklers.exe it is from June with a version of 2.18.1.1.

I might be downloading the incorrect file, but I used the link called Download Software Application Release.

Thanks,
                        Jeff

Comment

Standalone PRO, windows 10, 3 etherrain modules rev c

Michael,
                          I do not use the Homeseer plugin for mcssprinklers, standalone only. I currently am running ver 2.17.0.19. I see from the change log that you have fixed the etherrain status issue. What is the best way to update to 2.18.3.3 without destroying my current setup?
                          I downloaded the standalone zip file from the link in the change log and tried using the .dll from that file (in the past all I had to do to update the program was replace the .dll with a new version). Did not work. Replaced the mscssprinklers.exe with the mcssprinklers_windows.exe and the new config file in the zip file. Splash screen would appear, but frozen at that point. In the past, the standalone program had a setup.exe install program. The website offers a download of this setup.exe file, but it is not executable.

As always, your help with this is much appreciated.

Comment

I have uploaded http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...18_4_0_HS3.zip with the latest EtherRain implementation. Another user had a need to have one of the relay's controlled independent of the irrigation program. I am waiting for comfirmation before submitting to updater, but should be a good file with mcsSprinklers_2009.dll.

To update standalone to .Net 4 you will get http://mcsSprinklers.com/setup.zip and unzip it into your current mcsSprinklers install. Delete old mcsSprinklers.exe and rename either mcsSprinklers_Windows.exe or mcsSprinklers_Linux.exe to mcsSprinklers.exe. Before doing this assure you have a backup of the mcsSprinklers folder. Going forward you should be able to replace just mcsSprinklers_2009.dll. The Other page provides this capabilty via web interface. Typically each year I repackage so the web interface only works for the current year. This allows other updates to be made for which the new year's.dll may have a dependency.

The Rev C firmware for the EtherRain is required for simultaneous valve operation. Earllier EtherRain units cannot be updated to use Rev C firmware. mcsSprinklers will recognize the firmware and use the appropriate command set API.

Comment

I did as you described, but no change. Splash screen appears and stays. windows shows some errors reported from mcssprinklers. The tray icon appears, can sometimes open the message screen.

Appears program was able to send this email with debug data:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by caustin; August 25, 2018, 08:41 PM. Reason: add debug data

Comment

Michael,
                                Have you had any luck with the debug file? I can zip up my mcssprinklers folder and get it to you if that would help. Seems the debug file is complaining of a mysql.data file and can't find the data to setup zones. My current install is using an Access database, if that helps.
                                In my current setup, I have selected to have the status request of my etherrain units polled every minute. Should that polling activity show in serial IO? I don't see anything currently. I have had rare instances of where the program sends a command to shut off a zone, but the zone does not turn off. I was hoping that a status request would allow the program to resend the off command if the zone is still on.
                                Appreciate you help.

Comment

Working...
                                X