This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes Speakers plug-in - Beta Testing

Post here your questions/remarks when you are testing a Beta version of the plug-in

To install the latest Beta version download the zip attached to this post and unzip the 4 dlls to your HS folder. The file iTunesSpeakers.lf needs to go to your Config folder and the 2 .jpg files need to go to html\iTunesSpeakers, but they are only needed if you have never installed iTunesSpeakers before.

Changes to v1.0.0.2:
    • Do not use WriteLogEx if this function does not exist (for HS versions older than 2.4.0.1)

Changes to v1.0.0.1:
    • Poll speaker devices when a value is changed from HomeSeer, to be sure that the HS devices are synced with iTunes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; May 13, 2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Bonjour Loup,

I didn't know it, but I have just seen there http://www.homeseer.com/support/releasenotes.htm that one function I'm using WriteLogEx has been introduced in version 2.4.0.1, so this plugin needs HS 2.4.0.1 or later.

Out of curiosity, why don't you upgrade to a more recent version? 2.3.0.19 seems quite old.

Comment

Loup,

in version 1.0.0.2, I removed the call to WriteLogEx for HS versions older than 2.4.0.1. It should fixes the error you got. Please try this new version and let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          Bonjour Loup,

I didn't know it, but I have just seen there http://www.homeseer.com/support/releasenotes.htm that one function I'm using WriteLogEx has been introduced in version 2.4.0.1, so this plugin needs HS 2.4.0.1 or later.

Out of curiosity, why don't you upgrade to a more recent version? 2.3.0.19 seems quite old.
          Why change a good pair of shoes that are comfortable. I'm going to get a date soon.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            Loup,

in version 1.0.0.2, I removed the call to WriteLogEx for HS versions older than 2.4.0.1. It should fixes the error you got. Please try this new version and let me know. Thanks.
            its function, thank you

Comment

Itunes speakers with HSTouch

Hi - Great plugin , works well.
              Couple of questions - is there anyway within HSTouch to toggle On/Off a pair of speakers as there is that function with most HS devices.
              Also is there any way within HS Touch to directly change the volume via a slider control on a particular set of airplay speakers?

Thanks for your great work

Comment

Originally posted by KevinC View Post
                is there anyway within HSTouch to toggle On/Off a pair of speakers as there is that function with most HS devices.
                Not sure I understand, don't you see your iTunes Speakers devices within HSTouch?

Also is there any way within HS Touch to directly change the volume via a slider control on a particular set of airplay speakers?
                Did you try to build your custom HSTouch template and add a slider like in this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuWXJF2Gddg
                I never did it myself, but it should work.

Comment

Is there anyway within HSTouch to toggle On/Off a pair of speakers as there is that function with most HS devices.
                  Same question here. Screenshot from Hstouch: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...apshstouch.jpg
                  There are two on and off entries and ofcourse the devicevalues.
                  There is no "Toggle On/Off" entry, also not at the bottom of the list.

A slider, with realtime tracker works perfectly.

When starting Homeseer, the plugin can't login automaticaly into iTunes. An error occured in the logfile (iTunes must be running etc). Is this normal? or can it be fixed?
                  iTunes is fully started before started Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                    Same question here. Screenshot from Hstouch: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...apshstouch.jpg
                    There are two on and off entries and ofcourse the devicevalues.
                    There is no "Toggle On/Off" entry, also not at the bottom of the list.
                    got it, I will try to add this in the next version

When starting Homeseer, the plugin can't login automaticaly into iTunes. An error occured in the logfile (iTunes must be running etc). Is this normal? or can it be fixed?
                    iTunes is fully started before started Homeseer.
                    no it's not normal, it works on my system. Could you set the debug flag to yes on the config page, then restart HS, and copy/paste the logs here.

also, after that when you go to the config page and click the login button, does it work?

Comment

Manually login works fine. Most of the time I post a question, thereafter the problem is solved. Now also, I put more delay in the startup processes....Probably iTunes was not started 100% when Homeseer load the plugins.

Comment

When I switch OFF one of the speakers in Homeseer, the main sound 'mute' for appr. 5 seconds. When I do the same directly in iTunes (multiple speaker section), the sounds doesn't mute on the other active speakers.

Update: When activating some speakers, the sound is still playing.
                        So the 'problem' only occured when switching speakers to OFF.

Comment

I just did some tests to compare controlling speakers from HS, from the Remote app installed on an iPad, and directly from iTunes.

seems like Remote and HS behave exactly the same. Here is what I found:
                          I have three set of speakers:
                          1. My computer
                          2. AirPort Express 1
                          3. AirPort Express 2

if the three are On and I switch one to Off (from either HS or Remote) everything works fine, no mute on other speakers.

but if only two are On and I switch one to Off, the other set of speakers is muted for a few seconds as you described it. It seems to work a little better from iTunes directly but I still got some cases where sound was muted on other speakers.

Anyway, this plugin use the same API than the Remote app and since this bug seems to also occured with Remote, I think there is little I can do to fix this.

Let me know if you find some cases where remote seems to be working better than HS.

Comment

After your post I did also some test, just to be sure:

Devices:
                            My computer
                            Airport Express 1
                            Airport Express 2
                            Ipad (Cydia's AirPlayServer)
                            Pioneer VSX-921 AVR (not used for this test)

Remote app and Plugin:
                            when 3 are on, and switch one off, no audio mute.
                            when 2 are on, and switch one off, the audio mutes.
                            when 1(or more) is(are) on, and switch another on, no audio mute.

Directly in iTunes:
                            when 3 are on, and switch one off, no audio mute.
                            when 2 are on, and switch one off, no audio mute when using airport express, but when switch off the airports and leave only my computer on, the audio mutes.
                            when 1(or more) is(are) on, and switch another on, no audio mute.

So it's API related and you can't do anything about it.

One different so far:
                            In iTunes/Remote app, you can turn the slider completely to the left, so there is no audio from that speaker, but the speaker is still active, like volume=0%? You can't do this in de plugin.
                            If this can be fixed in the plugin, the above mute problem is smashed away I think?

Comment

Dear all,
                              Using HS2, iTunes plugin installed (under trial period), i wanted to test the iTunesSpeaker plugin in order to manage my Airplay devices (Raspberry Pi).
                              Unfortunately, i have a licence problem (LOG: iTunesSpeakers :Either no license or trial has expired), without having any trial period for a try.
                              Can someone help ? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X