Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may make me too lazy to port my own plug-in to HS3 (something I've been putting off for six months now). I have a question, however:
    Can you detect and report the pH and ORP levels when the chemical sense option is added to the Goldline?

Best,
    Pete Tompkins

Comment

Hi Pete,

If the display periodically cycles through and indicates the ph and ORP levels, then I would be able to capture that and display it on Homeseer devices. I would just need to know exactly what the display shows so I could detect when it is being displayed and capture the data. Since I do not currently have the pH and ORP sense, then I would need to rely on you to provide that info. I would also need to add a new configuration option to turn that feature on/off. Let me know and I will be happy to help integrate this functionality.

Cheers,

Mike

Comment

pH and ORP

Mike,
        My pool is out of commission right now, but as soon as the plaster guys leave and it is full of water again, I will capture the display.

Thanks,
        Pete

Comment

Just can't get it to go

Hi Everyone. Thanks for all the great support here. I am trying to set up my HS3 system and started with the aqua connect plugin. It seems awesome and am sure the problem is operator error so looking for some help. Getting status of all devices. No display. No control. Sees change in device when I initiate from local panel. controller is a Aqua logic version 2.8 I am running a windows 7 machine with a usb to serial cable. Driver is set to 19.2kbps, (don't have the option for start bit), 8 data bits, no parity, 2 stop bits, no data flow, tried no fifo and with fifo set to a low speed. Getting status of all devices. No display. No control. Sees change in device when I initiate from local panel. Have the aq co serial wired in out at the panel on a very short cat 5 line. Tried many different configurations but this is it. Any thoughts? Thanks again!

Comment

Sorry you are having trouble hormoth. Which model controller do you have?

Comment

Update...

Switched to Pro Logic from Aqua Logic and works flawlessly. Have to say it just is not compatible with Aqua logic PS-4 rev 2.82. Awesome plugin!

Comment

Great...glad to hear you are up and running!

Comment

Is this compatible?

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a Hayward Goldline PL-PLUS AquaPlus All-in-One Control and Salt Chlorination System, with the AQ-CO-SERIAL.

Product can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-Goldl...lt+chlorinator

The SKU from Hayward shows "PL-PLUS", but the manual for the plugin states that the plugin is only compatible with the PS series. This is confusing since the manual also states that the plugin is compatible with the Pro Logic series equipment, which is what I think the "PL" in PL-PLUS stands for.

Can you please shed some light on this? Will this plugin be compatible with this product set?

Thanks for guidance.
                  Amit

Comment

Hi nuttynet.

I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but unfortunately I have not tested the plugin with that newer model (PL-Plus). I took a peek at the installation manual and it does not list AQ-CO-SERIAL as an accessory, which would be required for the plugin. I would suggest you call Hayward to confirm it supports full control through AQ-CO-SERIAL before purchasing. The full control is important, because the P-4 model is known to be limited to display only (not control)...hence the "PS" warning.

The only configurations known to work are... PS-4, PS-8, PS-8V, and PS-16 pool controllers (with compatible firmware) ***MUST BE "PS" Series Model*** Anything beyond that will be breaking new ground with no guarantee of success.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Comment

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply!

In the description of the product on Amazon, it actually does say that it interfaces with Aqua Connect HA, which I believe is the Home Automation serial interface.

Here's a quote from the Amazon description:See here: https://www.hayward-pool.com/shop/en...e-aq-co-serial

Am I correct in assuming that if the PL-PLUS interfaces with the AQ-CO-SERIAL and provides control (not just read-only), then I should be good to go?

Thanks again.
                      Amit

Comment

Amit,

I would advise against making any assumptions and confirm before purchase with Hayward directly. Also, you should test the setup with my plugin before purchasing the plugin. As I mentioned, you are breaking new ground here, so you are proceeding at your own risk. Best bet is to confirm as much as you can before making any purchases and, unfortunately, the answers you need are from Hayward.

Comment

Found:

"The Hayward AquaPlus model # PL-PLUS is equivalent to a PL-P4 with a T-Cell-15."

Reference:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions...k_ql_ql_al_hza
                          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                          Home Assistant 2024.3
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Sounds promising!

Comment

Update!

Hey,

OK so here's the skinny after jumping through Haywards hoops!

Bottom line is PL-PLUS is designed to interface directly with AMX, Crestron, Savant, and Vantage HA systems. As a result, it does not require the use of a AQ-CO-SERIAL device, therefore likely not compatible with the AquaConnect plugin.

I finally decided on a PL-PS8 with T15 cell.

My only question now the plugin is whether I will be able to use a Global Cache WF2SL (provides WiFi connectivity to serial (RS232) devices) to be able to control the AQ-CO-SERIAL via wifi, since I don't think I will be able to run a CAT5 cable from Homeseer to the AQ-CO-SERIAL device. Can the plugin be configured to use TCP/IP?

Thanks in advance!
                              Amit

Comment

Hi Amit. The plug-in requires the use of a serial port. However, I believe the global cache wired and wireless IP to serial converters actually result in a virtual serial port which you can use to configure the plug-in. I used the wired ip to serial converters in my setup. Check out the manual for the converter.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X