This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Can you give us a list? There may be alternatives.
    Thanks for quick reply Rich, here are the main ones

DooMotion ( I know long time ago and definitely no update )
    DooMenu ( OK there are alternatives )
    SnevlCID
    SnevlLATITUDE ( The most important one )
    MeteoAlarm (Not sure if this works with HS3 or not )

As for scripts I cannot remember which ones would not work, I'm sure with a bit of tweaking they would work again.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
      I switched to PHLocation to get this functionality for HS3.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

DooMotion ( I know long time ago and definitely no update )
        DooMenu ( OK there are alternatives )
        SnevlCID
        MeteoAlarm (Not sure if this works with HS3 or not )
        I switched to BLRadar from DooMotion (using it on HS2 right now, but have it installed and tested it on HS3 in preparation of my cutover). I think MeteoAlarm is a script, not a plugin. I took a quick look at it and it doesn't look like it would take much to make it work with HS3. There are a number of CID options as well such as UltraCID.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Can you give us a list? There may be alternatives.
          There are a group of us waiting on the Media Player plug-in http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163068

Thanks,
          Barry

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
            I cannot log in through myhs.homeseer.com since yesterday. I get the error "Homeseer is not running". I am not getting any errors in my HS3 log, but I have not rebooted the machine since successfully connecting HS3 to MyHomeSeer a couple of days ago.

Is the service up or down right now?
            I am running into the same since (I believe) upgraded to HS3 .90. I know HS3 is running just cannot access it via this service. Are others running into access issues?

Comment

Uncheck and re-check the myHomeSeer box on the Setup/Network tab. This should solve your problem.

Comment

We will be posting an hs3 update today that fixes the connection issue.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm struggling to get this app going - I've just installed it and don't know if the 'no connection' problems are my fault or yours! When I registered I was asked for email address, email password, HS3 ID number and HS3 password. When I try to login it asks for a username. Is that one of those four, or something different?

Edit - I think I might have got it now... it means the user name from the Web settings page, right?
                  Last edited by mberger; May 13, 2014, 10:10 AM. Reason: I saw the light

Comment

The login is the new email address you entered when you registered. Not the email for your license, although they can be the same. The password is the new password you entered twice.

Originally posted by mberger View Post
                    I'm struggling to get this app going - I've just installed it and don't know if the 'no connection' problems are my fault or yours! When I registered I was asked for email address, email password, HS3 ID number and HS3 password. When I try to login it asks for a username. Is that one of those four, or something different?

Comment

Thanks Rich. OK, I was still wrong. But I think I'm getting there, I have to add that username and password to the Web access page in HS3, have I got it right now?

Unfortunately I'm still getting 'connection failed, check settings' so maybe that is down to the problems you mention above.

Comment

Make sure your HS is registered, and restart HS. Then go to myhs.homeseer.com and see if you can log in. The connection issue I am referring to is only an issue when HS is running for a long period of time.

Originally posted by mberger View Post
                        Thanks Rich. OK, I was still wrong. But I think I'm getting there, I have to add that username and password to the Web access page in HS3, have I got it right now?

Unfortunately I'm still getting 'connection failed, check settings' so maybe that is down to the problems you mention above.

Comment

Thanks for trying to help. I've given up for now, I think I'm going to spend a lot of time on this. I've gone back to android client 1.0.0.57 but now I can't connect to the HS server using the router's external address, which worked yesterday. Antivirus and firewall off, and connecting to the server PC's internal address works OK. Any ideas? I've double checked the ip address.

Edit - sorted now, it was a router port forwarding issue. I guess this may have been the problem all along - certainly hope so!
                          Last edited by mberger; May 13, 2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

"No systems are online" connection error

Rich,

I've registered with MyHS and have downloaded and installed the various software (HS3 v3.0.0.84, HSTouch Android client 1.0.83, HSTouch server plug-in v3.0.0.36). I've registered with MyHomeSeer and have verified the registration. Nonetheless, I'm still unable to log in on my Android. (I can log in on the MyHomeSeer web page with no problem.)

Wish I could say what the actual error message is that I'm getting but the window with "Unable to connect. Click OK to retry" comes up right over the top of the error message. I think the error message is suggesting that I should make sure I've registered. It also seems to be saying something about not having the correct license information. I've checked all of it and it seems okay although I'm unsure of what info goes into the MyHomeSeer-Connect settings on the HS3/Setup/network page, specifically the "MyHomeSeer Connect LicenseID" (I used the HS3 license number) and the "MyHomeSeer Connect Domain Name" blocks.

Bill

Comment

One thing that is not obvious, and this is just a security thing, is that it tries to log into your HSTouch plugin using the MyHS credentials. So you need to make sure the same user/pass combination is entered into the user config page in your HS3 setup.

If you connect from outside your home, HS will automatically add this user for you, so it just works. We can do this since we have already authorized you through MyHS so we assume the user/pass is valid for your system.

When connecting locally (from inside your home), MyHS simply re-directs you to the IP or your HS system, so we have no way to automatically add the credentials to HS. The error message in HSTouch should say this, sounds like its not displaying properly and I will look into that.

Originally posted by xlucent View Post
                              Rich,

I've registered with MyHS and have downloaded and installed the various software (HS3 v3.0.0.84, HSTouch Android client 1.0.83, HSTouch server plug-in v3.0.0.36). I've registered with MyHomeSeer and have verified the registration. Nonetheless, I'm still unable to log in on my Android. (I can log in on the MyHomeSeer web page with no problem.)

Wish I could say what the actual error message is that I'm getting but the window with "Unable to connect. Click OK to retry" comes up right over the top of the error message. I think the error message is suggesting that I should make sure I've registered. It also seems to be saying something about not having the correct license information. I've checked all of it and it seems okay although I'm unsure of what info goes into the MyHomeSeer-Connect settings on the HS3/Setup/network page, specifically the "MyHomeSeer Connect LicenseID" (I used the HS3 license number) and the "MyHomeSeer Connect Domain Name" blocks.

Bill

Comment

One thing that is not obvious, and this is just a security thing, is that it tries to log into your HSTouch plugin using the MyHS credentials. So you need to make sure the same user/pass combination is entered into the user config page in your HS3 setup.

If you connect from outside your home, HS will automatically add this user for you, so it just works. We can do this since we have already authorized you through MyHS so we assume the user/pass is valid for your system.

When connecting locally (from inside your home), MyHS simply re-directs you to the IP or your HS system, so we have no way to automatically add the credentials to HS. The error message in HSTouch should say this, sounds like its not displaying properly and I will look into that.
                                I've validated that the UID/password combination is correct on my setup page but still can't log in.

I did manage to get the error to show up. What it says is:

" Unable to connect with MyHomeSeer service. Make sure you registered your system and entered login info in settings. Server said: License ID for the provided user/pass is not valid, did you register?"

That sounds like the error you describe but for the life of me I can't figure out where it could be entered incorrectly. Isn't the MyHomeSeer License ID the same number as my HS3 LicenseID?

Bill

EDIT: Rich, I rebooted both my computer and my Android and now it seems to be working. Not sure what the problem was but don't spend time on this one. I'll let you know if the problem recurs.
                                Last edited by xlucent; May 13, 2014, 02:13 PM. Reason: Updating the situation. Problem was resolved by reboot, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X