www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old February 11th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Great work! I can test it on my iPad Mini 3. Will be interesting to see how it handles scaling. LMK.
Old February 12th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have it running on my iPad Mini 3 and it's working well.
I have the same issues / concerns as others above.

I have over 1000 devices, and hiding them in HS3 is not an option.
Because of all the devices it loads slowly. If we could filter what shows in the app itself, much like HS3 device page, then that would work great.

No errors yet!

Thank you, looking forward to future updates!
Old February 12th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Seer Plus

I have it on my iPhone 6 Plus and it's working good. I don't have as many devices as the other users so it's pretty speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old February 24th, 2016, 02:45 AM
Seer Plus

Android version is up

I finally had time to get the Android version of the application released. Here is the download link: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/7915...4f9b7947ac2e67

There is no requirement to register with HockeyApp to download the app but I would strongly encourage doing so. This gets you automated notifications when new builds are released as well as direct email replies when submitting feedback. To submit feedback from the app simply shake your phone when running into an unexpected issue.

There are a few known issues in the Android build:
  • Download size is big (45MB) and the application may be slow on a cold-start. This is due to libraries needed to support devices with older Android versions.
  • HS3 only supports the older encryption protocol TLS1.0 for direct connections to the server, which Android no longer supports. For now you can only connect via MyHomeSeer or a non-encrypted direct connection.
  • Due to the last point, I have temporarily disabled the camera feature in Android builds until I get time to work on an HS3 plug-in for it.

PS. I'm working on a version of the app that supports only Android Lollipop (5.0) and newer. It should generate a smaller package and load a lot faster.
PSS. I'll also soon be adding support for hiding devices independently from the configuration on HS3.

Cheers!
Old February 24th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinisoft View Post
Looks very nice!
Not sure if it is realy that simple since I am not a developer, but Microsoft is stating that they made it easy to port an IOS or Android app to a Windows Universal App. Would you consider doing this? At the moment we Windows Phone users have only one option, and this is InControl. InControl is not to bad but development seems to have stopped and it lacs cool features like viewing Cams.

thanks in advance for your response,

Martijn.
+1 for a Universal Windows app. I would happily test on Windows phone.
Old February 25th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIreland View Post
+1 for a Universal Windows app. I would happily test on Windows phone.
Which version would be best to prioritize for Windows, between 8.1 and 10, for both mobile and tablet/PC? Is 8.1 still the most common phone OS version or is the upgrade to 10 available for most devices already? Is anyone left behind with Windows Phone 8.0 that cannot upgrade to 8.1?

I plan to work on the port to both Win8.1 and Win10 (and maybe wp8), just checking which one to do first
Old February 25th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Seer Master

I would steer you towards the Win 10 Universal app. That way you get PC, tablet and phone all at once.
Old February 26th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Seer Deluxe

Working great on my Galaxy Note 5 (Lollipop).
Looking forward to the 5.0 only app, and hiding devices.
I have over 1500 and it takes a little time to load and scroll, although the favorites works fine for the moment.
Old February 26th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Seer Master

Hi,

I would love to test hte IOS version, how do i join

Bart
Old February 29th, 2016, 06:42 AM
Seer Plus

Checkbox New release 1.0.5 plus native Android 5.0+ build

I got time to release a small update over the weekend, which is the ability to quickly take an action on a device without having to navigate to the device details page. To activate the quick action view, simply long-press an item in the device list and the dialog will show up. The dialog will be hidden when an action is taken or if you tap anywhere else in the screen:

Also, I put together a build for Android 5.0 or newer which has a much smaller APK size, and should in theory run faster. I have not tested this build beyond an emulator. If you download this version to your phone please let me know how it goes!

Builds:

iOS
Send me a PM if you are a new user as iOS requires device authorization

Android (all versions)

Android (Lollipop or newer)
Old February 29th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Seer Deluxe

Lollipop version working well, just as fast as HSTouch.
Keep up the great work.
Old February 29th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Seer Deluxe

+1 for Windows 8.1 app
Old February 29th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by avargaskun View Post
I got time to release a small update over the weekend, which is the ability to quickly take an action on a device without having to navigate to the device details page....
I downloaded and installed the android version for a general android OS on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It works very well! Thank you for making this app and allowing us to use it.

Elliott
Old March 3rd, 2016, 05:14 AM
Seer Plus

Checkbox New release: v1.0.6

Thank you all for the feedback you've been sending through board messages and from within the app.
I have just published a small update to address a couple of common requests:

Hiding devices
  1. Go into the device details view by tapping on a device from the device list.
  2. There is a new setting Hide from view. When checked, device will not be shown by default in the list.

Multi-selecting devices
  1. At the top of the list of devices tap on the checkbox icon to start selecting multiple devices
  2. Select one or more devices and use the buttons at the top to modify all selected devices at once
  • Tap on the heart icon to add them to favorites (or remove them if you are in the favorites list)
  • Tap on the eye icon to hide them (or un-hide them if you are currently viewing hidden devices)
  • Tap on the information icon to select when to show information for each device:

Note: When choosing Default the app will only show status for the device when its current value does not map uniquely to a status image. For example: on/off devices will not show text status, dimmed devices will show text status when their value is other than 0% or 100%, etc.

Builds

iOS

Android (all versions)

Old March 6th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Seer Plus

Checkbox Another update: v1.0.7

Ready for download is a new version of the app with 2 new features:
  • Enabling connection to the ASCII port in HS3. When this is enabled, the app is updated real-time as devices change their values. You can can forward the ASCII port on your router if you want to access it from outside your home network. This feature does not work through MyHomeSeer unfortunately.
  • Collapse groups of devices and events in the list view. Individual groups can be collapsed and there's also an option to collapse all. Combined with the ability to hide devices (added on v1.0.6) I hope this improves usability of the app for people with many devices.

I really appreciate all the feedback so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues with the new features. Ideas for new features are welcome as well

Screenshots

Collapsed device groups and new options button:

Options menu:

ASCII port settings under Server:

Builds

iOS

Android (all versions)

Old March 8th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Super Seer

Nice work!

Upon restart of the application or refresh, could it remember the collapsing for events and devices as it was last time? At a minimum a configuration option to select if initially collapsed or not would be great.

I selected the option to hide one event group, but the group and events still should up in the event list.

An option to rearrange the order of items in the device or event favorites would be welcome.
Old March 11th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Seer Deluxe

+1 on remembering last open. I have 32 rooms and thousands of devices. It took 15 minutes just to collapse everything. Even with everything collapsed, I have some rooms with hundreds of devices. It is still very sluggish with those larger rooms.

Other than slowness, this is exactly what I have been looking for...however if the speed issue can't be fixed then it will be unusable.
Old March 11th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
+1 on remembering last open. I have 32 rooms and thousands of devices. It took 15 minutes just to collapse everything. Even with everything collapsed, I have some rooms with hundreds of devices. It is still very sluggish with those larger rooms.

Other than slowness, this is exactly what I have been looking for...however if the speed issue can't be fixed then it will be unusable.

So, color me intrigued... Might I humbly request a picture of this room? It must be massive to have so many devices! Unless you use the 'room' designation for alternate purposes like many of us do. I am thinking you must be doing some cool stuff that would give us ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old March 12th, 2016, 03:43 AM
Seer Plus

Request for feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post

I would like to run your scenario locally to figure out ways to speed things up in the app. Could you send me a feedback report through the app? In the app, go to the area that is slow (I presume the devices list) and shake the phone, that should bring up a dialog to submit feedback (unless you previously disabled that behavior in the feedback settings).

Thanks you!
Antonio.
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:12 AM
Seer Plus

Checkbox New version: 1.0.8

A new build is available for download. The following are the most notable features:

Device list settings

1. Start with all device groups collapsed by default (does not remember collapsed state across app restarts, but hopefully it's an improvement )
2. Show or hide the favorite devices tab
3. Show favorite devices as a flat list (no grouping)

Drag and drop favorites

4. When the favorite list is shown flat, an additional option shows in the context menu: Change order

5. When selected, each item shows a handle next to it. Drag each device from its handle to set the desired order of the list.

The order is persisted across app restarts. The custom order is only applicable when list is shown flat, if grouping is re-enabled alphabetical order is the default for now.

Other changes
  • Fix event filtering. It was broken with the last update.
  • Fix couple areas in the app where settings were not persisted.
  • Minor performance improvements.

Builds

iOS

Android (all versions)

Feedback

If you run into an issue or weird behavior in the app, shake your phone from the screen you're at and fill in the information in the feedback report screen that shows up.

Suggestions for new features are welcome through the app or through the board.

Coming next

3D Touch for iOS: Launch into a device page, control a device or run an event from the home screen.