www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old December 12th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Viewer

Deep Freezer Monitoring?

I'm new and purchasing all the equipment to convert my home. I'm not interfacing HomeSeer w/ my security system.
I'm doing locks, garage doors, leak detect and I want to monitor my deep freezers as well as my refrigerators. I can't find anywhere a device that is more than a motion detect that can show temperature.
What I was actually looking for is a box outside of the freezer w/ a temp probe I can run into the freezer.....

I'm looking for the same type of arrangement for my refrig/freezers that are aesthetically for my wife! haha

Since I'm new to all this, I'm hoping someone out there has some input I can use
Old December 12th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Seer Master

I use Sensorist with Lithium batteries. I think Oregon would be just as good. A normal sensor with af good battery inside the freezer .

Regards
Morten
Old December 12th, 2016, 09:41 PM
OverSeer

As an option, consider monitoring the power draw on your freezers and refrigerators. Because they should have cyclical power usage, you can have events triggered when something is not right. Examples are the compressor running too long, not running at all, stuck in defrost mode, not defrosting, etc. I have been using this for a while now and is working well. I posted screen shots of the events and the script I use for this on the board a while ago. If you are interested, I'll find the link to it. I also use the same approach with my furnaces and was able to detect an issue caused by a dirty flame sensor a few months ago before it got really cold.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old December 13th, 2016, 01:34 AM
Seer Deluxe

@mnh, is there a hs3 plugin for these sensors?

@sparkman, what type of temp sensors are you using for the freezers?

thx.
Old December 13th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Seer Deluxe

Here we have had Oregon sensors in two freezers and even put one in the hvac duct work to keep an eye on the heating and cooling. For the freezers the sensors just sit there on a shelf.
No issue with battery life in sub zero temps. RXFCOM antenna is outside on the other side of the house and had no trouble getting the signals from inside the freezer.

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.318
Hometroller S6 | Devices: 539 | Events: 176
Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .130 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro Sonos
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:19 AM
Seer Master

Cyberduck made a HS3 plugin for Sensorist.
Old December 13th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

where can I find this plugin?
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
As an option, consider monitoring the power draw on your freezers and refrigerators. Because they should have cyclical power usage, you can have events triggered when something is not right. Examples are the compressor running too long, not running at all, stuck in defrost mode, not defrosting, etc. I have been using this for a while now and is working well. I posted screen shots of the events and the script I use for this on the board a while ago. If you are interested, I'll find the link to it. I also use the same approach with my furnaces and was able to detect an issue caused by a dirty flame sensor a few months ago before it got really cold.

I would be interested in this idea more. I will start searching as well for the script.
Old December 13th, 2016, 07:33 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo View Post

@sparkman, what type of temp sensors are you using for the freezers?

thx.

I'm not using temp sensors, just the power sensors. I used to have 1-wire sensors in our previous house, but it wasn't high on the WAF so did not put that back in after we moved.

Old December 13th, 2016, 07:36 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehead99 View Post
I would be interested in this idea more. I will start searching as well for the script.

Found it: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180070

Old December 14th, 2016, 02:59 AM
Seer Master

@ Amigo

Sensorist plugin. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165823
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Seer Deluxe

@sparkman
@mhn
thanks for the info guys.