www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old November 8th, 2017, 12:21 AM
Seer Master

Windows 10 client app

Sorry if i'm missing something here, but are HSTouch builds and WinControl pretty much the only solutions If I want to run a client on a Windows 10 computer?

I love Imperihome as a client for Android, but I also use Windows all over the place, and would love something here as well.
Old November 8th, 2017, 01:40 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomgru View Post
Sorry if i'm missing something here, but are HSTouch builds and WinControl pretty much the only solutions If I want to run a client on a Windows 10 computer?

I love Imperihome as a client for Android, but I also use Windows all over the place, and would love something here as well.
No, you do have options.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...hlight=hsmetro

only downside is that hsmetro uses json which is a touch slow in my experience... ie I can click the control and close the web browser faster than the command is sent; if you use this, dont leave the webpage before the command is executed or it doesn't get sent.

there are android emulators for windows; my experience with these is limited, and the last time I tried one the experience was just a bit off; but your millage may vary

I'm pretty sure this list is incomplete

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DoorBird, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, HSTouch Server, Restart, Z-Wave, EasyTrigger, PHLocation, Pushover 3P

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency
Old November 8th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaddox View Post
No, you do have options.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...hlight=hsmetro

only downside is that hsmetro uses json which is a touch slow in my experience... ie I can click the control and close the web browser faster than the command is sent; if you use this, dont leave the webpage before the command is executed or it doesn't get sent.

there are android emulators for windows; my experience with these is limited, and the last time I tried one the experience was just a bit off; but your millage may vary

I'm pretty sure this list is incomplete
Thanks....I had seen this, but looked like it was pretty complicated to set up.

Agree on Android emulators. Tried a few with some limited success.