Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    If Control4 has a driver for Neo
    From what my DSC guy said the DSC can communicate over IP to certain things and over serial to certain things. The serial is encrypted and only a couple partners have the keys. They are supposed to have an API going soon, but no firm timeframe.

I'll see if I can get any more information the next time I'm talking with them. If nothing else, I'll make sure I get alerted when the API is in development and when it is expected to be released.

Comment

Any update on this API? I am looking to purchase a system and would go with the NEO over a PC1864 if an interface is close to being release

Comment

Any more information or time frame ?

Comment

Bumping an old thread. I'm also needing Neo support. I'm curious if anyone has considered interfacing with Alarm.com for sensor status and arm/disarm commanding from Homeseer. It's not an ideal solution but would at least allow HomeSeer to use alarm status to help manage power, climate and other events.

Comment

I looked into a NEO system, looked like a nice system but from what I understood I would have to not only replace the main alarm board but also all of my wireless sensors too. This system didn't seem to be backwards compatible. Is that what everyone else has seen as well?
            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I had my Neo system installed last week. The installer/partner confirmed that the wireless sensors for the Neo use a different frequency and technology and are NOT compatible with the standard Power Series panels.

Comment

Just checking on the status of NEO integration with Homeseer. Looking to purchase a new panel soon.

Comment

...I'll presume that the lack of reply indicates that NEO is still locked down by DSC, which is unfortunate. Looks like the older PowerSeries is still the way to go for HS integration.

Comment

I was talking to the guy at Envisalink a while back. They said this. The Neo, because it is built for commercial purposes, uses an encrypted communication bus.
                    That is the reason it is not making a device for it. Makes sense if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy101 View Post
                      Bumping an old thread. I'm also needing Neo support. I'm curious if anyone has considered interfacing with Alarm.com for sensor status and arm/disarm commanding from Homeseer. It's not an ideal solution but would at least allow HomeSeer to use alarm status to help manage power, climate and other events.
                      I have my dsc neo and alarm.com module talking with homeseer via a neo DSC PG9945 Wireless PowerG Door/Window contact (https://www.alarmsystemstore.com/pro...window-contact) and a Aeotec dry contact z-wave plus sensor gen5 (ZW097)
                      (https://www.z-wave.com/shop-z-wave-s...us-sensor-gen5).

Now in order to do this and not set your alarm off (lol) add the new sensor pg9945 and change the settings for it to non monitoring (group 26 or 28),turn off the reed switch, and disable the EOL (end of line resistor) to NC (normally closed) or NO (normally open). if you look up documentation for dsc pg9945 it will give you most of this info in the paperwork. Wich also comes with the sensor.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/16...66667339371900

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/16...66667339371900

Power Series Neo Alarm Controller Manual (section 5.3.2)
                      https://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=23346

Now for my situation i wanted to disarm the NEO with my kwickset deadbolt key pad when i put in a certain number ie 1234(you can program all of this in homeseer events). Use your imagination for this you can almost do anything now. its cheap and dirty.

If you want to follow this plan make sure you change the DSC sensor zone type [68] (Momentary keyswitch disarm the system when violated). So now when you put in your code it will close the zwave sensor and trip the DSC sensor and disarm your panel.

Also make sure you put your alarm on test always when you play around with stuff like this.

This is what it looks like in alarm.com

#___Sensor Name________ Status________Type_______________Monitoring
                      22___Basement Sensor ____OK______Momentary keyswitch disarm___N/A

My simple install.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC _ Zwave.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	1357830

Comment

WGolfGuy - Thank you for posting this as it gave me an idea on how to do as I was trapped into the DSC Neo after building a new home. Also, thank you for documenting the information as it helped me piece together what I needed.

Notes for the next person:
                        • The setup above is only for disarming. If you want to arm you will also need to buy another 9945 and possibly another dry contact device (zwave or insteon).
                        • I used the Insteon 2450 (garage contact) instead of Z-wave.
                        • How to program the 9945 - DSC NEO PG9945 How to enroll or delete - YouTube
                        • Zone attributes to use is 068 for disarm and 066 for arming - this is done during the programing of the wireless device or can be done afterwards
                        • For whatever reason I did not understand or need to use "non monitoring (group 26 or 28)

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

I would be interested to write a plugin for DSC Neo but not via Kantech. If Control4 has a driver for Neo using the DSC TL280, there is no reason we couldn't do the same with HS3.

If there is some kind of private API and if you can plug me with someone in the know from DSC, I would be interested in discussing it.
                          Hi Spud

Do you think there will be development on that Neo - Hs4 integration or that will never happen ?

I need to do some upgrade om my PowerSeries but I'd prefer to completely change my system to PowerG if development is going to be going on

thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X