This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SonyAVR plugin - User Guide

This plugin is designed to interface Homeseer with Sony Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) using the "Sony CIS-IP2" protocol.
    The known compatible devices are:
    STR-ZA series: STR-ZA810ES, STR-ZA1000ES, STR-ZA2000ES, STR-ZA3000ES, STR-ZA5000ES, etc...
    STR-DN series: STR-DN1080, STR-DN840, STR-DN2000, etc...

A lot of other models are probably compatible, the easiest to find out is to try the plugin. Please let me know if your specific model work so that I can update the compatibility list.

INSTALLATION / CONFIGURATION

System Requirements:

This plugin is for HS3 or HS3PRO. It works with both Windows and Linux versions.

AVR Configuration
    Make sure your AVR is connected to your local network then in the AVR Network Settings, set "Network Standby" and "External Control" to On

Plugin Installation:
    Download and install from the updater (Audio/Video section), or download package from the Beta Testing thread and follow instructions to install.

Plugin Configuration:
    Go to the SonyAVR config page and fill in the IP of your AVR.

Click image for larger version

Name:	config.png
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1212180
    Last edited by spud; March 28, 2018, 10:38 AM.

FEATURES

Devices
    On first run the plugin will create a set of device like in the screenshot below. Those devices will allow you to:
    • turn on/off the AVR
    • change the current input
    • control volume
    • send commands as you would do from the remote control

The status of the AVR is polled every X minutes (X being configurable from the config page) and the devices are updated accordingly.

Name:	devices.png
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1195847

Comment

MULTI INSTANCES

You can control as many Sony AVRs as you want by starting new instances of the plugin. To do so, click on the + button from the PLUG-INS > Manage page

Name:	multiinstance.png
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1196815

Enter a name for your instance, submit, and then enable it.
      This will create a new link in the PLUG-INS > SonyAVR menu, allowing you to configure and control a new AVR:

Name:	multiinstance2.png
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1196816

Note: for the control functions to be populated in the config page for the new instance you will need to copy the Config/SonyAVR.ini file to Config/SonyAVR_instanceName.ini (i.e Config/SonyAVR_LivingRoom.ini in my case) and then enable the plugin.

Comment

Working...
      X