Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"INFO: Plugin start is pending" Message

Hi,

I'm relatively new to HomeSeer. Running on OS X just fine and other 3rd party plugins are configured and working great. For some reason though, the Wemo plug-in never fully activates. Instead, it stays in the current status:

INFO: Plugin start is pending

According to the startup log, the plugin initializes successfully but the status never changes.

Any ideas?

OSX? I didn't even know homeseer would run on OSX. To that, I've never tested or designed the plugin to work with OSX.

Comment

Was there ever any resolution for this? I run HS3 on Debian Linux. I installed the Wemo plugin and used it successfully with HS3 3_0_0_435. I recently upgraded to the beta HS3 3_0_0_478 as well as updated a number of the mono components on my system (now running Mono V 5.16.0.179).

My other plugins work OK, but now the Wemo plugin says "INFO: Plugin start is pending" for its plugin status, and events I used to have referencing the Wemo device I was using now say "Device with ref=4 is no longer in the system."

Comment

Best guess is something changed in the new version of Mono or HS3. I'll have to build a lab box with the versions you listed to see what may be throwing the error. As for OSX, no, I own no Apple products and do not intend to do so.

Comment

Any progress on this? I just built a Raspberry PI Homeseer machine and can't get the plug in working. I see " INFO: Plugin start is pending " in PI management page and " Finished initializing plug-in Wemo " in the log but no WeMo Plug in ever arrrives. 5-10 minutes and the PI is disabled. Any suggestions?

Comment

It runs without issue on my linux box right now. Mono Version is 4.2.1.102
            sudo apt-get install mono-devel=4.2.1.102 I then did a snapshot on the vm and upgraded mono to 5.16.0.179 and it broke the plugin. So I'm working on dumps and logs to see what changed. In the meantime you could use the above command to install a known working version of mono until I get a fix.

Comment

Looks like it's a compatibility issue with NLOG. I'll put together a new package and get it uploaded. Unfortunately, HomeSeer takes their time in posting updates to plugins. In the meantime I'll zip up the nlog.dll and attach it here.

You'll want to replace the existing nlog.dll in homseer/bin/wemo/nlog.dll

Edit: You can also get the latest version of NLog here: https://www.nuget.org/packages/NLog/4.5.11
              Attached Files

Comment

That was it!!

I am on Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.220. I added the NLog.dll & rebooted. Thank you for the quick response!!

Comment

Working...
                X