www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old July 12th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brientim View Post
Go to Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management.

I assuming you have already added the z-wave device, in difference to installing the plug-in, and in the Controller Management screen select the twisty beside the z-wave device to expose more controls. If you haven’t you’ll need to add new controller as previously discussed at the start of this post.

In the Action Menu > Import Nodes from Controller.

In the future you may want to try adding a device without unplugging the z-stick and this option is available from the action menu as well.

In addition, HST have a mobile app for IOS and Android devices called “Z-Tools +” and thus allow you to conduct a number of functions, add, remove, remotely rather directly on the HS UI.
Thanks brientim, I guess I was going to slow. I thought maybe if it rebooted OK then the next steps that you gave him would go smoother. I just hadn't got there yet.
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:39 PM
Seer Deluxe

No such thing as too slow, it is whatever pace you feel comfortable doing. Even though the learning curve is steep first time, it does become easier
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

FYI, below is the HST quick overview and this may help future activities that you are going to want to do...'

Old July 12th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
No such thing as too slow, it is whatever pace you feel comfortable doing. Even though the learning curve is steep first time, it does become easier
Well I guess we got off the path here. I am pretty sure I am OK with HS but we need to help docfxit.
Is the HST Quick Overview for docfxit because I read it over a year ago. I think I am good.
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowinger View Post
Well I guess we got off the path here. I am pretty sure I am OK with HS but we need to help docfxit.
Is the HST Quick Overview for docfxit because I read it over a year ago. I think I am good.
Oh , I did not take notice of who responded and I thought I was responding to docfxit. I think my medication is working quite well.
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Seer

Quote:
FYI, below is the HST quick overview and this may help future activities that you are going to want to do...'

Thanks for the quick overview.
As I was following along with the video it said to go to:
find.homeseer.com
After I selected the search this screen came up.
It didn't find my server.
Any ideas Why?

Docfxit
Attached Images

Old July 12th, 2018, 10:26 PM
Seer

As I was following along with the video it said to go to:
myhs.homeseer.com
A screen comes up to signon.
I tried a number of user names and passwords that it might be and nothing worked. I asked for it to reset my password.
I put in my email address.
It said I wasn't registered.
Even though I am registered in
This forum
On the Shoping web page
To register it took me to:
the shopping web page
https://shop.homeseer.com/
Where I am signed in.

How can I get registered for:
myhs.homeseer.com

Thanks.
Docfxit
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Oh , I did not take notice of who responded and I thought I was responding to docfxit. I think my medication is working quite well.
I thought that might have been the case. I have done it before myself. So now we have a new issue for docfxit.

Docfxit, I can't remember what user and password they are asking for, it has been too long. Didn't they ask you to sign up for an account and you gave them an email address for the user and a password? You said it couldn't find your server. If you type in http://your server ip address here/deviceutility what do you get?

Maybe brientim can remember or someone else can chime in.

Last edited by cowinger; July 12th, 2018 at 11:02 PM.
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:09 PM
Seer Deluxe

Setting up Z-Stick Gen5

Letís break things down a little as not to confuse a few distinct different things.

The forum is different to MyHS registration.

Go to Tools > Setup > Network Tab and enable the two checkboxes;
1. Enable Server for remote access
2. Enable remote access throughout MyHS Service
3. Go to MyHS.homeseer.com and register as a new account/user

The other issue which appears you may have already encountered relates to native Windows Security and this can be harder to work through. This is not isolated to HS but rather firewall rules that may or may not be configured and UAC that enable you to correctly configure. The link I previously posted go though some of those but 3rd party software must be considered.

I currently only have my none dominant arm functionality and thus I wonít be logging on to assist at the moment in that scenario.

Try the above, but as you know the IP address of your HS instance, for the time being if it isnít discovered via find.... it isnít going to impact on you.

To simply verify firewall is impacting or not, you could disable firewall on private network temporarily.

Last edited by brientim; July 12th, 2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old July 13th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Seer

Quote:
Letís break things down a little as not to confuse a few distinct different things.

The forum is different to MyHS registration.

Go to Tools > Setup > Network Tab and enable the two checkboxes;
1. Enable Server for remote access
2. Enable remote access throughout MyHS Service
3. Go to MyHS.homeseer.com and register as a new account/user

The other issue which appears you may have already encountered relates to native Windows Security and this can be harder to work through. This is not isolated to HS but rather firewall rules that may or may not be configured and UAC that enable you to correctly configure. The link I previously posted go though some of those but 3rd party software must be considered.

I currently only have my none dominant arm functionality and thus I wonít be logging on to assist at the moment in that scenario.

Try the above, but as you know the IP address of your HS instance, for the time being if it isnít discovered via find.... it isnít going to impact on you.

To simply verify firewall is impacting or not, you could disable firewall on private network temporarily.
Great explanation. Thanks for spelling that out. My biggest confusion was thinking I had a user name and password and selected the reset password option. That lead me down a dead end. After registering MyHS.homeseer.com worked fine.
I haven't been able to get find.homeseer.com to work but as you said I can use the ip address. My firewall is turned off and my UAC is disabled. But it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the help.

Docfxit
Old July 13th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Seer

The HS3 Smart home software quick start guide was a big help.

Thanks,

I now have all but two of my Z-wave devices configured.
1. A Leviton light switch. I can't get it into pairing mode.
2. A wall outlet with a blue light. I can't get into pairing mode.

#2 is in my backyard. It's 37ft from the next closest Z-wave device.
I have always had trouble controlling it with my Vera 3. Some place I saw an application to troubleshoot Z-Wave devices. Does anyone know where that is and have you had any good experiences with it?

Thanks,

Docfxit
Old July 14th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Seer Deluxe

Sorry I canít help you with the switches as I am in another region that doesnít have the same.