HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
    I'm on SONOS 3.0.0.12 and when I try to validate the playing status of a player, it is not working. For example, I have a number of rooms that have lights and Sonos turn on based on movement. One check is that if the Sonos player is already playing, don't restart it to a new song or station if movement is noticed a second, third, etc. time. The trigger for the event is the motion detector but one of the conditions is that the Sonos player IsNotPlaying. No matter what condition I choose (IsNotPlaying, IsPlaying, IsNotPaused, etc.) the condition always comes back true and the event runs. So in this case, if the Sonos was already playing, it cuts off the song and starts over. Is this a known bug? Is there a work-around? TRIGGERs do seem to work, but in this example I need the Condition to work. Appreciate any direction you can provide.
    Can you post a screenshot of the details of this event.
    Thanks
    Dirk
    postedit: tried on my system, all seem OK. When you test it, please turn debug flag of Sonos PI on and post log when you trigger the event
    Last edited by dcorsus; May 31, 2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Sonos Download

Hi Dirk

Finally upgraded to HS3 and am looking at Installing your plugin for my Sonos . Am I missing the obvious ? I can only see a php file attached and not a complete zip folder on the first post of this forum.

Cheers Steve
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
        Hi Dirk

Finally upgraded to HS3 and am looking at Installing your plugin for my Sonos . Am I missing the obvious ? I can only see a php file attached and not a complete zip folder on the first post of this forum.

Cheers Steve
        Looks like a perfectly good .zip file on posting one with 77 downloads, so something on your side w/ browser perhaps

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk. Will have another look.

Thanks

Steve
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            Can you post a screenshot of the details of this event.
            Thanks
            Dirk
            postedit: tried on my system, all seem OK. When you test it, please turn debug flag of Sonos PI on and post log when you trigger the event
            Found issue. HS3 does not evaluate any conditions when calling an event from any other event. Not good! I did find another way to have the event directly kick-off based on a trigger, so it works now, but is not compartmentalized the way I would have liked.

Comment

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
              Found issue. HS3 does not evaluate any conditions when calling an event from any other event. Not good! I did find another way to have the event directly kick-off based on a trigger, so it works now, but is not compartmentalized the way I would have liked.
              I don't know if this is what you're talking about but when calling another event from within an event, there is a check box option labeled "Run Only If Other Event Conditions are TRUE."
              Attached Files

Comment

Speaker Client Setting for "Play an Audio File" Event

My "Speak Something" events work through Sonos, and my "Play an Audio File" events will play through the PC audio-out port, but "Play Audio File" does not work through the Sonos speaker client. What am I doing wrong?

"Speak Something" settings:

"Play an Audio File" settings:

Sonos Plugin Configuration:

Comment

It is described in the help file how to play files. You must use the same SPEAK command; not play file command; and specify the file-name in the text field.
                  Cheers,
                  Dirk

Comment

No music, favorites, or stations

Hi - I am sure that I missed something but have searched this forum and not found the answer. The .12 version of the plugin is installed and it recognizes my players. I can control them - good news! However, there does not seem to be a way to access music with the exception of whatever is already in the queue. I click on any button in the control screen (like Artists, Favorites, Radiostations, etc) and nothing comes up after the "Loading..." message appears.

I found a post referring to hitting a "Build DB button in the control screen of the master device" but cannot locate such a thing. It would seem that the DB is not built but do not know what to do to get it so.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Apologies if I missed something elsewhere as I know this sounds very basic.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
                      Hi - I am sure that I missed something but have searched this forum and not found the answer. The .12 version of the plugin is installed and it recognizes my players. I can control them - good news! However, there does not seem to be a way to access music with the exception of whatever is already in the queue. I click on any button in the control screen (like Artists, Favorites, Radiostations, etc) and nothing comes up after the "Loading..." message appears.

I found a post referring to hitting a "Build DB button in the control screen of the master device" but cannot locate such a thing. It would seem that the DB is not built but do not know what to do to get it so.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Apologies if I missed something elsewhere as I know this sounds very basic.

Thanks
                      On the Device Management page, there is a device representing the Master / Root controller. It has a button called Control. Click on it and it will open a window with more buttons. You can find the build DB button there. Also note that if you click on Help you can open the Sonos PI help file and there you should find the info you were looking for (or at least I hope )

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                        On the Device Management page, there is a device representing the Master / Root controller. It has a button called Control. Click on it and it will open a window with more buttons. You can find the build DB button there. Also note that if you click on Help you can open the Sonos PI help file and there you should find the info you were looking for (or at least I hope )

Dirk
                        I knew I was coming from a point of ignorance... Works like a charm, thank you Dirk!

Comment

No Sonos TTS

Hi Dirk,

Screenshots attached. I have setup as screenshots show but I get announcements through pc speakers and not players. I cannot see where It places the Debug txt file so have not attached it. Just to be sure are my screen shots set up correct ?. I can attach debug text if you could kindly point me in the right direction. Loving the UI by the way. The speaker proxy box I can confirm is ticked.

Many thanks

Steve
                          Attached Files
                          Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Screenshots attached. I have setup as screenshots show but I get announcements through pc speakers and not players. I cannot see where It places the Debug txt file so have not attached it. Just to be sure are my screen shots set up correct ?. I can attach debug text if you could kindly point me in the right direction. Loving the UI by the way. The speaker proxy box I can confirm is ticked.

Many thanks

Steve
                            If proxy flag is on, turn debug flag on, generate announcement, post log. Copy / paste log entries from the debug log screen, I think there is an export function but not sure. In HS3, all debug logs are kept in a DB so you cannot open any .txt file and cut/paste anymore.

Cheers,

Dirk
                            ps what about England in World-Cup huh?

Comment

Dirk

I have generated announcement and then copied txt into notepad, I think that's what you mean. Doesn't seem enough info for you, but, hey, its all double Dutch to me!!. Just to add, all zones linking as should do but no announcement. Let me know if Info I have presented is wrong and will repost.

PS Yes, what about England in the World Cup. Few sad faces over here that's for sure!.

Many thanks,

Steve
                              Attached Files
                              Steve

Comment

Dirk

I have generated announcement and then copied txt into notepad, I think that's what you mean. Doesn't seem enough info for you, but, hey, its all double Dutch to me!!. Just to add, all zones linking as should do but no announcement. Let me know if Info I have presented is wrong and will repost.

PS Yes, what about England in the World Cup. Few sad faces over here that's for sure!.

Many thanks,

Steve
                                Hi Steve, unfortunately, you captured the end of the announcement and what I'm interested in, is the beginning of the announcement, so anything prior to Jun-29 16:57:06 starting from where you click the run event button.

Could you also provide a screenshot of your speaker clients (under setup-network at the bottom? Do you have other plugins that have a speaker proxy enabled?

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X