SMS gateway error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMS gateway error

I am having a lot of problems with the sms gateway or the usb modem. I have a dedicated Win 10 Pro x64 machine running HS3. I am using a cheap USB modem with a sim card for 3G, the modem has installed on Windows as a commcast device. It sometimes works for days without problem, but then I can see in the device SMS gateway root - disconnected. Trying to get it to reconnect is a real struggle. I disable the plugin, re enable it, restart HS3 etc . This time its not reconnecting again at all, I will probably have to restart the HS3 machine (which I cannot do right now as I am at work) to see if that works. In the log I have these errors:

Aug-09 08:11:39 SMS-Gateway Warning I've given up all hope of talking to the modem. I'm going to wait until you go to the config page and intervene or restart the plugin
    Aug-09 08:11:29 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting to COM6 : The requested resource is in use.
    Aug-09 08:11:29 SMS-Gateway Error Gateway has been disconnected. Terminating.
    Aug-09 08:11:29 SMS-Gateway Warning No connection to the modem, trying 1 more time(s) to connect.
    Aug-09 08:11:19 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting to COM6 : The requested resource is in use.
    Aug-09 08:11:19 SMS-Gateway Error Gateway has been disconnected. Terminating.
    Aug-09 08:11:19 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting to COM6 : The requested resource is in use.
    Aug-09 08:11:19 SMS-Gateway Error Gateway has been disconnected. Terminating.
    Aug-09 08:11:19 SMS-Gateway Warning No connection to the modem, trying 2 more time(s) to connect.
    Aug-09 08:11:09 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting to COM6 : The requested resource is in use.
    Aug-09 08:11:09 SMS-Gateway Error Gateway has been disconnected. Terminating.
    Aug-09 08:11:09 SMS-Gateway Warning No connection to the modem, trying 3 more time(s) to connect.
    Aug-09 08:10:59 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting to COM6 : The requested resource is in use.
    Aug-09 08:10:59 SMS-Gateway Error Gateway has been disconnected. Terminating.
    Aug-09 08:10:59 SMS-Gateway Warning No connection to the modem, trying 4 more time(s) to connect.
    Aug-09 08:10:11 SMS-Gateway Inbound message notification set to auto-notification by modem
    Aug-09 08:10:10 SMS-Gateway Retrieved SMSC () from modem, storing in INI file for future reference
    Aug-09 08:10:09 SMS-Gateway Connected to SMS Gateway
    Aug-09 08:10:00 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SMS-Gateway
    Aug-09 08:10:00 SMS-Gateway Initialising SMS-Gateway v3.3.4.18307 on COM6
    Aug-09 08:09:59 Info Plugin SMS-Gateway has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:56145

Any ideas of what could cause this or how to resolve that problem ?

This looks a lot like you have some other application also trying to access the modem on COM6. Perhaps the software that came with the modem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      This looks a lot like you have some other application also trying to access the modem on COM6. Perhaps the software that came with the modem?

I don't think so but i'll double check maybe even uninstall it

Comment

I'm not familiar with the modem you're using or your Windows settings but is it possible the hardware or Windows is putting the USB device to sleep due to some power management setting? That could also cause an issue.

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
          I'm not familiar with the modem you're using or your Windows settings but is it possible the hardware or Windows is putting the USB device to sleep due to some power management setting? That could also cause an issue.

will also check that tonight, again don't think so but good point to double check

Comment

In the power management I found something related to the USB ports, so I disbaled that. Ichecked, the modem software was not running. There is nothing else on the PC, its only running HS3. The modem software didnt connect to the modem either when I tried.
            I unplugged the USB modem, plugged it back in and its working again. There is still a problem though somewhere, as this has happened quite a few times

Comment

The Short Message Service Center (SMSC) address is often not configured properly in the software. Please note that the correct SMSC should be specified for your GSM network and the SMSC number must be entered in International format with a leading plus sign.

Source By SMSala

Comment

Working...
              X