P1 data is coming in to fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P1 data is coming in to fast

Hi i have a Landis Gyr E350 SMR5.0 meter, i connected the P1 interface but i get the error data is coming in too fast device update frequency is greater than last update. How can i fix this

It seems the plugin cannot handle the amount of data at the rate that the Landis is sending. I have seen it before, on an underpowered system that was busy with too many other tasks.

What are your system specs?
    stefxx

Comment

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I don't have a fast pc but average cpu load in under 10% without high peaks

Comment

That is interesting. Do you have the same meter (Landis Gyr E350 SMR5.0)?

Can you enable debugging and sent me some information? Of use a comms program to see what is coming from the meter directly?
        stefxx

Comment

I have exactly the same meter. When I connect with a terminal program to the com-port it works without any problem. Attached is the raw output of the terminal session. The meter send a contineus stream of data. No pauses between the data blocks. The speed is 115k2.

The second attachment is the debug output in homeseer log.

P1 terminal output.txt

homeseer P1 debug output.txt

Comment

Right. All meters I have seen so far are sending their data every 10 seconds. This meter seems to be sending continuously, that is why the plugin is complaining...
            stefxx

Comment

Can you change your plugin? Or do I have to write my own scripts? I found your first setup with "P1 event.txt" and "P1 control.txt" trigged by manual events.

Comment

I need to lookin to that, before I make any promises. Time is the biggest problem for now. But I do plan to support all major/standard meters.

I don't know if the old script way will work as the data will come in continuously and I expect that that will cause issues as well for the script.
                stefxx

Comment

I know the challange with time

Had the meter installed this morning and thought.... I only have to connect the cable

Comment

I understand the disappointment. Let me see what I can do!
                    stefxx

Comment

Please take it easy. I have it working already with scripts

Comment

Ok, it is the new DSMR 5.x standard. That is sending every second, instead of every 10 seconds.

However, looking at the code it is warning about the data, that is coming in too fast, but it should still work as expected. Can one of you confirm that that is the case? Are the devices being created and updated (every minute by default)?

If so, I only need to remove the warning and no further code adjustments need to be made
                        stefxx

Comment

Unfortunately it is not working. No devices are being created.

I modified the old HS2 scripts so I can read the meter.

Comment

Wouter, Bart,

If you could PM me your email address, I like to send you both a test version to see of that helps.

Thanks!
                            stefxx

Comment

This issue is resolved. The plugin now supports DSMR 5.x Smart Meters.

Version 3.0.0.11 is available in the updater.

Thanks Bart for your help!
                              stefxx

Comment

Working...
                              X