Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SmartThings hub not detecting WD100+

Good Day:

I just installed my WD100+ and companion remote switch for a 3 way controlled wall outlet (which has a light plugged in). They work fine controlling the outlet, but for some reason I cannot get my SmartThings hub to detect the new switch.

I am selecting "+ Add a Thing" in the SmartThings Android app, but when I "tap the paddle" according the instructions with the switch, nothing is detected. I have successfully added my Harmony Hub and Lifx bulbs to the SmartThings hub, so I am pretty sure it works OK. I also paired a miniremote with the SmartThings hub so I am pretty sure zwave is working properly in the SmartThings hub. I actually got the miniremote in the hopes it would help with pairing items since it has the ability to remotely add devices with a button. However, it did not find anything to connect to, when "taping the WD100+ paddle" either.

I was hoping someone else may have some ideas on what the problem may be.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Originally posted by Mako View Post
    Good Day:

I just installed my WD100+ and companion remote switch for a 3 way controlled wall outlet (which has a light plugged in). They work fine controlling the outlet, but for some reason I cannot get my SmartThings hub to detect the new switch.

I am selecting "+ Add a Thing" in the SmartThings Android app, but when I "tap the paddle" according the instructions with the switch, nothing is detected. I have successfully added my Harmony Hub and Lifx bulbs to the SmartThings hub, so I am pretty sure it works OK. I also paired a miniremote with the SmartThings hub so I am pretty sure zwave is working properly in the SmartThings hub. I actually got the miniremote in the hopes it would help with pairing items since it has the ability to remotely add devices with a button. However, it did not find anything to connect to, when "taping the WD100+ paddle" either.

The problem is your using Smart Things.

Unfortunately there may not be alot of help on this board due to the above fact. I could suggest trying to exclude first before including (but please don't ask how you do that on a smarthings hub as I don't have one) if that don't work then try bringing the smart things hub closer to the unit for inclusion first.

Good Luck.

Comment

Good Day:

Go into your hub settings and use "General Device Exclusion" to delete any Z-Wave information that might be in the dimmer's memory. Then try adding again. That should get you going! Don't forget to get Darwin's device handler to enable the double-tap/triple-tap functions.

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      The problem is your using Smart Things.
      Hey, be nice!
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I just installed my WD100+ and companion remote switch for a 3 way controlled wall outlet (which has a light plugged in).
        For what it’s worth, this is against code and could be a fire risk if someone unplugs the light and plugs an appliance into the dimmer controlled outlet. You really need to us a switch or a lamp module here.

Comment

Appreciate the feedback. I guess I could have used a switch module to replicate a standard 3 way switch operation. I was just trying to duplicate the current configuration while allowing remote and programmed control of the light. Frankly, if I were designing a new house, I would not have any three way lights controlled outlets.

I could rewire the outlet so it is always hot and remove the wall switches completely, but then I am left with two switch plates with big blank holes in them.

Comment

I just started playing with the Samsung Smart Things hub, not real impressed with it so far. If you want to add the Homeseer switches to the Smart Things hub the the article HomeSeer HS-WS100+ & HS-WD100+ Review and SmartThings Device Handlers on Darwin's Den might have the information you are looking for. He has created some device handlers to work with the Homeseer switches.

Comment

Working...
            X