Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receive Hue commands (e.g. from HomeKit or Alexa)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receive Hue commands (e.g. from HomeKit or Alexa)?

Will this plug in allow me to better integrate Homeseer with things like Alexa and HomeKit? Been using Homeseer for many years, but not seeing much progress on integrating into the virtual assistants.

Thanks for your advice!

AbMagFAb

I honestly do not know this for sure.

I know some users are using Alexa and they do see the plugin updates the Hue settings when Alexa changes settings. I would expect the same for Homekit.
    The plugin should also send the correct commands to alexa or Homekit as long you have the Homeseer skills or the homekit plugin ( I am not sure if it is still active though) activated. But I cannot 100% confirm this as I am not using either here.
    Maybe other users can confirm wether or not things are working.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Comment

I heard about that issue too. It seems that HST is working on that part with their new API, but did not focus on that as I am not expecting Alexa to come to Holland anytime soon. But you should be able to find more on the new stuff on this board.

In this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193062 you should be able to see how others go around it, it seems the plugin does update correctly if alexa does the bridge commands instead.

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X