Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JowieHue Duplicate devices - Best practise to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowieHue Duplicate devices - Best practise to remove?

What is the best way to remove duplicate devices? I have manually deleted them (only one set, left one as well), but they re-appear once in a while.

Jim,

It would be good to know the version you are using as well for this one. Are you using the Philips bridge or the deCONZ gateway? I know there is a situation where the deCONZ gateway could cause devices to be recreated. Still looking for the cause here, but it does not seem to happen a lot.

Let me know wich you use? After that we can check if I can determine a cause behind this.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I have the current version in updater an no deconz. I have manually removed device again and will let you know if it is recreated again. My Hue was out of date so that may also have been it...

Comment

I've decided to try the USB deCONZ for windows. I have one light paired to the RPi3 deConz. Can I simply delete all the devices in HS3?

On a separate note, I don't see how to exclude in zigbee. Can I simply include to the new gateway and the old one gets disconnected? It seems that what some do with the Philips gateways.

I am on 2.0.1.7 and both deCONZ are on the latest beta.

Comment

racefern,

No need to delete devices in HS3. Just move the light to the Conbee (one at the time is the savest) and keep the RaspBee active. Let the plugin discover it by itself. Once deCONZ start sending notification through the rest api, the plugin will recognise that the bulb has moved between gateways and update its admiistration on that. Events and scenes should all still work.

The plugin can handle multiple gateways without problem, so no rush. Once you have moved all bulbs and sensors off the Raspbee, you can simply remove the bridge in the configuration page and remove power from the Raspbee. If you keep the power on, the plugin will see the raspbee as a new gateway which you can register....

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Given that I have a similar issue, I add it to this thread rather than creating a new.

I am running HS3 on Ubuntu 18.04 with USB conBee/ deCONZ (in docker) and JowiHue (version 2.0.2.7) for pulling devices into HS3.

After a restart I found that several of my Xiaomi temp/ humidity/ pressure sensors shows as multiple copies in the device management tab. All device copies seems to be "active" as in being updated and having a valid device ID. After the devices were imported to HS3 I changed floor and room for them, and some of the new copies of a device show the room/ floor that I set and some show the default jowihue/ jowihue.

If I delete a copy in HS3 device management, all copies of given instances are removed (not only the selected one). Before I got this issue, I was running the devices fines in HS3 for some time without any issues (and was very happy with that, it was stable and correct). I can of cource just delete, import and reconfigure the devices again, but I would like to avoid needing to do this after each restart. Is there anything I can do to fix this, e.g. update a ini file or similar?

Comment

Update: I decided to remove and add devices again. Will hopefully not need to repeat that too often...

Comment

Working...
              X