Osram Color Bulb Missing Hue, CT, Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osram Color Bulb Missing Hue, CT, Sat

I have an Osram color bulb that shows the on/off and slider for brightness but there are no devices under it for Hue, CT and Sat. I see in another thread that these are present.

Anyone have Osram color bulbs that show all 4 devices in the UI?

Larry,

Could you enable the dump function with the JowiHue ini for me and send me the bridge log that is then created? It might very well be that Osram is using a different string for color bulbs in the properties.... Just like the Ikea color bulb is doing, so i might have to update the xml file accordingly.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Larry,

Could you enable the dump function with the JowiHue ini for me and send me the bridge log that is then created? It might very well be that Osram is using a different string for color bulbs in the properties.... Just like the Ikea color bulb is doing, so i might have to update the xml file accordingly.

Thanks,

Wim
      Hey Wim, I am not sure I have done this one before. It doesn't sound like it. Could you explain more on how to do that. thanks

Comment

Larry,

Create a JowiHue.ini file in the \Config directory. Put the following lines in the file:

Code:
        Setting]
        DumpEnabled=True
        Save it and wait for 15 minutes or so. Then go to the configuration page of the plugin and you will see a new button for the bridges "Create Dump". For the bridge that is holding the color bulb, press the button.
        In the \Logs directory a log file will be created called Jowi-Bridge-xxxxxxxx.log (x being the serial id of the bridge).
        Send me this file?

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Larry,

Create a JowiHue.ini file in the \Config directory. Put the following lines in the file:

Code:
          Setting]
          DumpEnabled=True
          Save it and wait for 15 minutes or so. Then go to the configuration page of the plugin and you will see a new button for the bridges "Create Dump". For the bridge that is holding the color bulb, press the button.
          In the \Logs directory a log file will be created called Jowi-Bridge-xxxxxxxx.log (x being the serial id of the bridge).
          Send me this file?

Thanks,

Wim
          I had to add a bracket to the left of Setting but I got it to work. I have sent you the file. thanks

Comment

Larry,

The log confirmed my suspicion... Osram found a new way of pointing to a color bulb. Will check more tomorrow. Am hoping I can solve it by sending you a new xml file

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Comment

I had some feedback from Phillips on the issue that caused me to migrate my OSRAM bulbs which may help someone else.

' I would have to inform you that we are aware at the moment that there is an issue with connecting the Osram bulbs to the bridge. Our developers are trying to work on fixing this issue, and we hope that this will be fixed as soon as possible. If we can assist in any other matter, do not hesitate to contact us.'

Comment

Can you test the attached XML file? You have to have the latest beta, 2.0.1.8 to test it completely. I expect the devices to be expanded automatically after a restart of the plugin. If it does not work that way, please remove the existing device and restart the plugin then?

Place the file in the \config directory. In the log you will see that the plugin imports the file after a maximum of 30 minutes
                  Let me know how this works?

Thanks!

Wim
                  Attached Files
                  -- Wim

Comment

Loaded the XML file into \config and waited 30 minutes. File then was read because it now says .old. But no change to the devices under the Osram color bulb. Tried deleting from UI. It reappeared but with just the one device again. Shows in deconz ok.

Comment

Larry,

Will dive into the code for that then... was hoping still that the XML would have solved it.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

I have found why the Osram bulbs were not recognised correctly despite the updated xml. The next beta will enable color control on the Osram bulbs

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Hoping you can help me, looking forward to buying the plugin as soon I'm sure it will work. Bit of a wild ride here for me, I have tried many, many things with each solution I solve a problem then find another.

I have UPBSpud's UPB implementation, and OSRAM Lightify RGBW Recessed lights (maybe 50 switches and 60 lights).

Begun with the HS3 Zigbee plugin, was pretty disappointing - doesn't control groups!! The lights were a mess.
                          Moved to Python implementation of a reverse engineered solution for OSRAM I found on github. Problem is a I have HS3 SEL - Running Linux/Mono - reliablity of the OSRAM hub is not great, and the local control python worked ok but calling python is also a pain because I need 500 rules to control one light.
                          Got the RaspBee and JowiHue. On off functions are great. Speed is good, (upb slow to begin with) but it's now acceptable.
                          The PROBLEM now is UPB doesn't send the dimmer level. I saw in the documentation "you can control the dimmer, hue, and sat incrementally up and down". Which is EXACTLY what I was doing with my script. I also implemented a table which defined colors - red, green, and with each button push I would randomize them. It seems that this functionality is not functioning in 2.0.0.16 or 2.0.0.18 then I started again with workarounds. Then, I hit another blocker. I can't execute the code samples you provide for scripting because of some mono bug. Been at this for weeks, and I'm close to giving up in hopes it is a matter of time.
                          Is there anything you can suggest? The next step for me was to rewrite the python script to handle the UPB stuff again, but then I am back in the same place. Was hoping you could provide advise on:

A. A way to execute your scripts on HS3 running on HomeSeer SEL with Linux
                          B. An ETA on when the buttons might work to call the incremental controls (found another forum where you mentioned it was a bug). I like that I can use up and down to cycle colors rather than random. The RaspBee is great, it's rock solid over the OSRAM hub. Please help

Nothing at all exists that allows nice RGB control via a switch, without cutting the power on the lights (which they find intolerable) or literally bypassing the switch altogether and using it as a "dummy". This is exactly what I am doing with UPB's "no local control" setting. Becuase NOTHING that mounts in a wall exists anywhere on earth, it's frustrating to say the least. Using Simply Automated UPB, it's a nice product but again it's about the bypass of the local control. I don't want to have little battery operated switches pasted all over the house If that was the case we would be good. But it's the UPB control that is driving me mad!

Comment

Originally posted by rmorriss View Post
                            I can't execute the code samples you provide for scripting because of some mono bug.
                            I can help with the scripting. For the plugin functions that require a parameter list, mono doesn't like them defined as constants, but it works to put them into an array. For example:
                            Code:
                                    Dim testarray()  = {False, "Light 20", True, False, False}
                                    Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "DecreaseLights", testarray)
                            The other mono issue I found was if the returned value was an array, but using CType fixed that one. For example:
                            Code:
                            Dim Lights() As String = CType(hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "GetLights", Nothing), String())
                            If there is something else not working, just let me know what it is and I'll try to figure it out.

Bill

Comment

rmorris,

Thankfully Bill is elping me out on the Linux scripting part (Thanks Bill!)

As for the up down buttons, they should work for CT and Hue/Sat values. Not for dimming as the device is already overloaded with buttons etc in the deviceutility page I think. But you can use the scripting commands for increasing and decreasing the values.

But I am wondering as you seem to use OSRAM color devices, are the CT/Hue and SAT devices shown in your case? As I mentioned in this thread, they would only show in the next beta - and for the bulb mentioned in this thread, so I might need to add others as well?

Thanks,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X