X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Issues With Doo's Plug-Ins

Here is the items that I need to work on:

DooMotion
    • Plug-in is not ignoring X10 All On/Off when option is selected - Fixed in Version 2.4+..
    • Current action is not displayed or returned when editing the Actions in an Event - Fixed in Version 2.4+..
    • HS2Util.dll error when installing from Updater. I suspect that not enough time is being allowed for HomeSeer to shut down.This may not be an issue that I can resolve. Installer already provides message to user to make sure that HomeSeer is shut down. I will change the message to say to allow "sufficient time" for HomeSeer to shut down. - Fixed in Version 2.4+..
    • CAC file ending up with duplicate entries under some circumstances and then throwing errors. Appears to be related to re-installs/migrations/abnormal shut downs.
    • Unable to purge database using the plug-in.
    • Still have the occasional Windowless form error when trying to use Windows interface.
    DooStat
    • "All Thermostats" event action not working - Fixed in Version 2.4+..
    • Unable to check to see if thermostat script is being used. Error occurred on line 24 of modInit.CheckForThermostatScript [Public member 'Script' on type 'a' not found.] - Fixed in Version 2.3.3+..
    • DooStat Info - Unable to ensure proper migration from RCS X10 Thermostat Plug-In. Error occurred on line 7 of modInit.InitMigration [Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] - Fixed in Version 2.3.3+..
    • GetFanMode doesn't returns -32768 (i.e., null value) - Fixed in Version 2.3.3+..
    • Problems with HomeSeer events perform DooStat actions - Fixed in Version 2.3.3+..

DooNetwork
    • Deprecated device property that occurred with HS 2.4. - FIXED IN 2.4+
    • Problem with adding a new device. Reported to happen when url is specified. - FIXED IN 2.3.2+
    • Unable to process configuration page changes. Error in HSPI_DOONETWORK.clsConfig.PagePut [Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]. - FIXED IN 2.3.2+
    • DooNetwork Error Unable to save application data. Error in HSPI_DOONETWORK.DooNetwork.SaveAppData [The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\DATA\DooNetwork\DooNetwork.xml' because it is being used by another process.]. {2.3.1.8} - FIXED IN 2.3.2+
    • Status pages shows that all devices end up with the same House/Device code $1, and they all end up with the same IP info. But they both end up with different Ping Settings. - FIXED IN 2.3.2+
    • DooNetwork Error - Unable to add device buttons for Office Router Router. Error occurred on line 84 of HSPI_DOONETWORK.NetworkDeviceClass.SetButtons [Object variable or With block variable not set.]. {2.3.1.8} - FIXED IN 2.3.2+
    • Need to log Shutdown commands - UNCONFIRMED

DooCPUMonitor
    • Deprecated device property that occurred with HS 2.4. - FIXED IN 2.4+
    Last edited by Jim Doolittle; December 3, 2009, 02:02 PM.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Note that some of the issues in the list above are inter-related but I have shown all of them in case it helps with the debugging process.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

May I add an item to the DooNetwork "DooToDo" list?

DN Shutdown commands are not logged to the HS log. (WOL commands are logged in the HS log.)
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post

DN Shutdown commands are not logged to the HS log. (WOL commands are logged in the HS log.)

Item added!
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thank you sir!
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

So is this considered the Doo Do list?

Comment

Originally posted by MPodlin View Post
              So is this considered the Doo Do list?

Hee...hee...
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post

I have a function that is used to perform all commands and before the command is executed, a log entry is made for the command. No reason i can see for "shut down" command to be treated any different than any other command.
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

issue editing doomotion 2.3.4 actions in events

the current action is not displayed or returned when editing the Actions in an Event.

just create an event and add a doomotion action to it and save. then go back to the event and edit the action. the previously selected action will not be visible.

can this be fixed in the next release
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

A couple of additional items for DooStat.

1) Stat initialization remains "iffy" because it starts while other HS plugin's are still initialilzing. And if you have two stats, they both try to initialize almost simultaneouly. This situation often results in very high X10 traffic almost always resulting in a spurious stat initizliation. I might suggest they ability to delay stat initialization for several minutes (user selectable for each stat) after HS starts. I make this suggestion because every time I manually re-initialize my stats (after HS finishes all other initialization), the stats initialize correctly every time.

2) As best I can determine, GetFanMode still returns -32768 on both my TXB16.

Cecil

Comment

I'll look at GetFanMode but I won't be tinkering with initialization. I used to make initialization sequential and then had complaints that it took too long so I switched it back. It has worked for many people with multiple stats. My own system has 98+% initialization for two stats. For another user with initialization problem, I suggested that he add a delayed event to his startup.txt that initializes the stat.

BTW, the HomeSeer X10 plug-in handles the sending the actual X10 commands and it prevents sending simultaneous commands. However, the problem lies in the RCS stats sending the info back on their own time schedule.
                      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thanks Jim. Makes sense not to mess with initialization if it works for most people. I'll add the delayed event like you suggested. Should have thought of that before.

Cecil

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil View Post
                          A couple of additional items for DooStat.

1) ...

2) As best I can determine, GetFanMode still returns -32768 on both my TXB16.
                          GetFanMode is used during initialization. If stats eventually initialize (after your startup issues are resolved), then GetFanMode should not be returning -32768. If it does, then there is likely a communication issue. You may want to turn on debug mode and then check out the debug.log file in the DATA\DooStat folder.

*** UPDATE ***

Issue confirmed. Working on it now...
                          Last edited by Jim Doolittle; October 15, 2009, 11:05 AM.
                          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                          My Hardware & Software

Comment

DooStat Version 2.2.3

I posted DooStat Version 2.2.3. I am finding it trickier to provide a new DooMotion build. I reallt want to put the script files issues to bed. Some of the other issues won't be that hard to fix but I don't want to post a new build with just some minor fixes.
                            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Unfortunately, I had set things up to have version history within the installer package. However, I am now going to make sure that the downloads page has a Revision History link for all my plug-ins. Go back to my downloads page and try it out.
                              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                              X