First Alert ZCOMBO-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randman View Post
    So, this morning, I still wasn't getting heartbeats from my 2nd ZCOMBO, despite everything else about it being okay. So, this morning I pressed its test button again. Later, I started getting heartbeats. For the past 8 hours or so, I've been getting heartbeats from it every 67 minutes. Not 60, but 67. My other ZCOMBO sends heartbeats every 61 minutes. Always 61. So, I have no idea how it gets these values. Probably some undocumented parameter, but wondering why it's not consistent. Oh well.

Hm. Looks like both of mine are doing heartbeats at 65 minutes. . .so not sure what determines the exact timing, but I sure got a lot of emails today.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
      Battery hasn't bothered me much. I would also prefer a powered unit.
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      It is possible to connect a MimoLite to some wired smoke/CO detectors using a relay. Kiddie sells the SM120X smoke detector relay and the CO120X carbon monoxide relay. First Alert sells the "BRK RM4" smoke alarm relay. Disadvantages, though are: you won't get as fine a granularity in the different status values that you get with the ZCOMBO, you have to find room to install/power the relay and MimoLite, and, if power is lost, MimoLite and maybe the relay may not have power. Of course, advantages are: no batteries, no batteries, no batteries!

Comment

Regarding the Heartbeat notification, I've had three of the Lowe's variation of the ZCOMBO installed since last year (same software/firmware as the new ZCOMBO-G devices ... 3.52 (ZDK 4.54.2) firmware 0.5). Up through version 3.0.0.68 of the z-wave plugin, Homeseer updated the status and created a log entry for each heartbeat notification from each of these devices every hour or so, never missing one along the way.

The next release of the plug-in, and every release up through 3.0.0.150 (the last version that I ran), Homeseer didn't update the status or create a single log entry for the heartbeat notification of any of my ZCOMBOs at all... not a single notification was captured.

Now, I am at the latest z-wave plugin release (HS 3.0.0.181, z-wave plugin 3.0.1.11), and I've received only 1 Heartbeat notification from each of my devices...each received shortly after re-scanning them.

It seems unlikely that these devices have somehow arbitrarily changed the heartbeat notification schedule on their own, and equally unlikely that they vary in when the heartbeat notification is sent from one unit to the next, each installed with the same software/firmware revision as described in this thread (never sent, every 30 mins., every 60+ mins., etc...).

It seems more likely that Homeseer isn't seeing and/or properly capturing the heartbeat event.

No idea how to definitively determine where the problem lies ...but I do wish that this particular notification was as reliable as it was with the older plug-in versions.
        Last edited by Slab0; June 2, 2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slab0 View Post
          Regarding the Heartbeat notification, I've had three of the Lowe's variation of the ZCOMBO installed since last year (same software/firmware as the new ZCOMBO-G devices ... 3.52 (ZDK 4.54.2) firmware 0.5). Up through version 3.0.0.68 of the z-wave plugin, Homeseer updated the status and created a log entry for each heartbeat notification from each of these devices every hour or so, never missing one along the way.

The next release of the plug-in, and every release up through 3.0.0.150 (the last version that I ran), Homeseer didn't update the status or create a single log entry for the heartbeat notification of any of my ZCOMBOs at all... not a single notification was captured.

Now, I am at the latest z-wave plugin release (3.0.0.181), and I've received only 1 Heartbeat notification from each of my devices...each received shortly after re-scanning them.

It seems unlikely that these devices have somehow arbitrarily changed the heartbeat notification schedule on their own, and equally unlikely that they vary in when the heartbeat notification is sent from one unit to the next, each installed with the same software/firmware revision as described in this thread (never sent, every 30 mins, every 60+ mins., etc...).

It seems more likely that Homeseer isn't seeing and/or properly capturing the heartbeat event.

No idea how to definitively determine where the problem lies ...but I do wish that this particular notification was as reliable as it was with the older plug-in versions.
          I mentioned in post #41 that HS3 doesn't say anything in log when it gets a heartbeat. I only confirmed that they are being received after I wrote an event similar to what macromark discussed earlier.

Comment

I mentioned in post #41 that HS3 doesn't say anything in log when it gets a heartbeat. I only confirmed that they are being received after I wrote an event similar to what macromark discussed earlier.
            Hi randman ... in my case, the one and only heartbeat notification that was captured by Homeseer did update the status page, and did indeed create a log entry as well (as it did with the old .68 and prior versions of the z-wave plug-in).

IMHO... both status and log should be updated, and there shouldn't be this level of inconsistency.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              The alarm heartbeat is the status the notification device changes to as seen here.

I'm also attaching my heartbeat events. The top event sends me a notification every 30 minutes when my heartbeat timer exceeds 61 minutes. The bottom event resets the timer every time the notification device is "set to" alarm heartbeat. Be sure to use "set to", not "changes and becomes".
              Thanks for the events! So far, my 2 ZCOMBOs are running great. When I restart HomeSeer, my events trigger saying that they haven't gotten heartbeat messages. However, it's just because the timers haven't been initialized yet due to startup. What's the best way to initialize the timers at startup? startup.vb?

Comment

Thanks for the events! So far, my 2 ZCOMBOs are running great. When I restart HomeSeer, my events trigger saying that they haven't gotten heartbeat messages. However, it's just because the timers haven't been initialized yet due to startup. What's the best way to initialize the timers at startup? startup.vb?
                At the end of my startup.vb I have:

hs.triggerevent("Reboot Occurred")

and that triggers an event with that name. I have that event do all kinds of things, running some direct Actions as well as some conditional events to get virtual devices, timers, etc. set.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  At the end of my startup.vb I have:

hs.triggerevent("Reboot Occurred")

and that triggers an event with that name. I have that event do all kinds of things, running some direct Actions as well as some conditional events to get virtual devices, timers, etc. set.
                  Great suggestion! I was trying to avoid having to do VB. I use JavaScript for my scripts but since startup.vb is already in VB, your suggestion makes things easier.

Comment

Hmm ...I have my ZCOMBO heartbeat events setup as per macromark's post as well, and they are working fine. However, they don't trigger when I restart HomeSeer, or at least they haven't so far (I've restarted HomeSeer 3 times since the events were implemented).

I wonder what the difference is...

Comment

The only time I have had my event trigger was when I rebooted HS and the smoke detector sent its heartbeat while HS was down. So it missed getting the timer reset.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone
                      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                        The only time I have had my event trigger was when I rebooted HS and the smoke detector sent its heartbeat while HS was down. So it missed getting the timer reset.
                        Yes, this is what happened to me as well. Heartbeats came while I was upgrading HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                          Ahh... that makes sense. My restarts were quick, so nothing was missed. Thanks!

Comment

First Alert ZCOMBO - Heartbeats

Hi Mark,

I have the following:

Z-Wave Plug-in (3.0.1.25)

First Alert ZCOMBO (Version: 3.52 (ZDK 4.54.2) Firmware: 0.5)

HS Pro Edition 3.0.0.197 (Windows)

Interface: HomeSeer SmartStick+

I just installed a ZCOMBO unit yesterday and I am also in the position that the Heartbeats are not registering in HS unless I press/release the button on the unit itself, then one will Tx and be received properly. What is the core issue here? Is it that when that Tx happens, it will be repeated by another Z-Wave device but the every 60 or so minutes version is reliant upon being a direct broadcast? I would love to monitor using an event as shown by you but all it is doing is generating emails all day long because there are no successful heartbeats. It is showing 2 neighbors, one of them being the SmartStick+

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                              Hi Mark,

I have the following:

Z-Wave Plug-in (3.0.1.25)

First Alert ZCOMBO (Version: 3.52 (ZDK 4.54.2) Firmware: 0.5)

HS Pro Edition 3.0.0.197 (Windows)

Interface: HomeSeer SmartStick+

I just installed a ZCOMBO unit yesterday and I am also in the position that the Heartbeats are not registering in HS unless I press/release the button on the unit itself, then one will Tx and be received properly. What is the core issue here? Is it that when that Tx happens, it will be repeated by another Z-Wave device but the every 60 or so minutes version is reliant upon being a direct broadcast? I would love to monitor using an event as shown by you but all it is doing is generating emails all day long because there are no successful heartbeats. It is showing 2 neighbors, one of them being the SmartStick+

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

-Travis
                              hmmm, no idea. I guess I would wake it up and do a full optimize and see if that helped. If that doesn't help, I would remove it and re-add it again and then see if things were OK. I don't have a "special trick" here.. mine just worked when I added it.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Battery Update

When I started this thread on May 11, I had a fresh battery in the unit and the battery device read 96%. Today, the battery is down to 91%. No chirping (as others have reported).... just sits there doing its thing..
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X