No announcement yet.

Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not knocking the work done on this plugin as I know a lot has been done, but I could never get it to work right for my carrier. It kept disconnecting. I build a Pi running infinitude and scripted what I needed to control. It's been very reliable for me. I mainly use it to shut the heater off if the doors are open for an extended period of time.

I have tried tying into the bus with infinitude and failed, so I am just using the wifi proxy. I have no need to have the system connect to carrier since I can control it remotely with HS if I wanted to.

Just some food for thought.

Comment

Just wanted to thank you for creating this plugin. I have been running it for a few weeks and it seems to read everything correctly. The only thing that does not work is updating heat and cool setpoints from the Homeseer UI. If I do that, it seems that the systems (I have Bryant version by the way) are fighting - I keep getting notifications almost every minute that "settings have been updated" but nothing actually happens. It's not a big deal I guess since I really just want to turn the heat/cool on or off if windows/doors are left opened - so it serves my purpose. It was mentioned that last zip posted is suppose to expire in June this year I think. Was there any additional development of this plug in and is it possible to get a version that does not expire? Thanks.

Comment

I created a docker container of Infinitude. I am going to create some integrations with HomeSeer, but in the meantime, this makes it pretty easy to get it running. I am running it on my Synology, which makes it pretty easy to keep running.

Check it out here: https://hub.docker.com/r/airedale/infinitude/

Comment

David,
          I restarted HS3 this morning, and now the plugin states that it is expired as of 6/30/2017, and will not enable?
          Tied to disable and then re enable, and got this: WARNING: Failed getting interface status from drhsEvolution - The interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Comment

Wow! Has it really been that long? Have updated the expiration date and uploaded to the main thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1163733. Hope to be able to do some more work on the plugin soon.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
              Wow! Has it really been that long? Have updated the expiration date and uploaded to the main thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1163733. Hope to be able to do some more work on the plugin soon.

-David
              Thanks so much. I just noticed that mine expired as well and came here hoping for an updated one :-) I appreciate it. Hope you find some time to work on it again. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by dlover View Post
                Just passing along an update. I've been playing around with this this morning. Unfortunately not much luck. I'm focused on trying to get the thermostat to use ANY proxy. I tried building a brand new linux server (Ubuntu this time) with Tiny Proxy. Same. I also, installed Infinitude to see if their proxy is any better. Seems to install fine, but I get the same results every time. I get data, but very spotty. Won't stay connected. And the data never makes it to the Bryan Servers (ie it never gets update on the website or the mobile apps). I see the "GET ALIVE" errors on the thermostat regularly incrementing.

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to Mono5 (ie mono is needed for running most HS3 stuff in Linux). I had always wondered if that was one of the issues I was having with my use of this plugin. Mono 3 was the only version fully supported back then, and it is known to have SSL issues. So, I thought I'd give it another go having upgraded to mono 5. Bad news is that it still doesn't exactly work. But maybe it's now a different issue. New errors showing up in the log. Any ideas on these drhsEvolution entries? (I see the drhsEvolution Unexpected PostBackControl "oTabConfiguration" often).

Sep-16 5:19:48 PM drhsEvolution POST systems: /systems/0916W000260
                Sep-16 5:19:11 PM Z-Wave Device: 0: Living Room Environmental Sensor Relative Humidity Set to 56 (%)
                Sep-16 5:19:10 PM Z-Wave Device: 0: Living Room Environmental Sensor Temperature Set to 70.7 (F)
                Sep-16 5:18:52 PM Z-Wave Device: 0: Lower Deck Power Consumption Lower Deck Ceiling Fan - Volts Set to 121.479 (121.479 Volts)
                Sep-16 5:18:51 PM drhsEvolution Unexpected PostBackControl "oTabConfiguration"
                Sep-16 5:18:49 PM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00VDGraphingHS3.vben("Main","1|2|3|4")
                Sep-16 5:18:49 PM Event Event Trigger "Recurring Jon00 Graphing"
                Sep-16 5:18:49 PM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/RefreshLastUpdatedEntries.vb
                Sep-16 5:18:49 PM Event Event Trigger "Recurring Refresh Last Updated Entries"
                Sep-16 5:17:51 PM Z-Wave Device: 1: Office Root Device Temperature Set to 77.2 (F)
                Sep-16 5:17:25 PM drhsEvolution POST systems: /systems/0916W000260
                Sep-16 5:17:17 PM drhsEvolution Creating new thermostat with serial number: 0916W000260
                Sep-16 5:15:15 PM Z-Wave Device: 2: Alex's Room Environmental Sensor Alex's Room Humidity Set to 56 (%)
                Sep-16 5:15:14 PM Z-Wave Device: 2: Alex's Room Environmental Sensor Alex's Room Temperature Set to 76.64 (F)
                Sep-16 5:14:54 PM Z-Wave Device: 0: Lower Deck Environmental Sensor Hot Tub Temperature Sensor - Relative Humidity Set to 26 (%)
                Sep-16 5:14:30 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page drhsEvolution_Config: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00035] in :0
                Sep-16 5:14:25 PM drhsEvolution Unexpected PostBackControl "oTabConfiguration"

Comment

Any Updates?

Hello, and thanks for working on this. I have just installed a new evolution system in my home which has 4 zones for temp control. Wondering if this is something that I can assist you in exposing to the plugin and development. BTW, I also have the SAM unit installed which may open things up somewhat.

Comment

Just following up...any plans on implementing multiple zones from the plugin? As mentioned above my system has 4 zones which I would greatly like to control from this plugin. As of now, only the first zone from the controller shows up in the device list.

Thanks!

Comment

Why hasn't this become a paid plugin?
                      You would think that Carrier is a pretty popular thermostat.
                      Amazon has jumped on this and have successfully skilled this API.
                      Come on lets make this simpler and lets update this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
                        Why hasn't this become a paid plugin?
                        You would think that Carrier is a pretty popular thermostat.
                        Amazon has jumped on this and have successfully skilled this API.
                        Come on lets make this simpler and lets update this thread.
                        Amazon actually didn't jump on this. Bryant or Carrier created a skill for Amazon Echo to stay competitive I guess. I wish somebody would figure out how the skill works and created homeseer plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by ykamenet View Post
                          Amazon actually didn't jump on this. Bryant or Carrier created a skill for Amazon Echo to stay competitive I guess. I wish somebody would figure out how the skill works and created homeseer plugin.
                          Sorry about that, and yes you are correct in both statements.Thank you for your support.
                          I'm just wondering why this discussion is not relevant anymore?

Comment

Carrier development package

Originally posted by ykamenet View Post
                            I applied for an development package from Carrier tonight. We'll see if they respond. I doubt I'll find much spare time to try and write a plugin, and certainly don't have the desire to maintain one. But if no one else does it I may try to coble something together this year over Christmas break.

Carrier has an open API, but it requires an OAuth2 token issued by Carrier to access it.

If any of the 'real' HomeSeer developers are interested in developing a plugin, info on their developer program is here: http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/101...openapi_gs.pdf

The API is documented here and except for the OAuth2 authentication, seems straightforward, returning JSON or XML responses:

https://openapi.ing.carrier.com/docs

Woody

Comment

That might complete a lot of peoples smarthome.
                              I'm sure there's some money in it.

Comment

For whats its worth.

I would be a customer and would help defray development costs as I think Carrier charges for the api.
                                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X