Can't Install Sonos on HomeTroller V1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    For info, the Hometroller 1 does has .NET2 installed (it has to as Homeseer is compiled to that version).

Hi Jon, I just cant figure out why i'm getting these errors...

Trying to install the plugin v1.0.0.63 on HS 2.5.0.23 running on HomeTroller V1. The installaer completes successfully, but on restarting HS I get the following error in the HS log:-

24/05/2011 08:44:43 ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object

24/05/2011 08:44:43 ~!~System~!~Registering HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.dll with Windows

24/05/2011 08:44:45 ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object

24/05/2011 08:44:45 ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.dll, try reinstalling plug-in

I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling etc. etc.

Comment

Two things,

1) When you installed the plugin, did you invoke HSProtect so that the Windows registry changes are saved to the hard drive?

2) Have you tried manually registering the dll using REGSVR32. If you try it, make sure point 1 is also done.
      Jon

Comment

Two things,

1) When you installed the plugin, did you invoke HSProtect so that the Windows registry changes are saved to the hard drive?

2) Have you tried manually registering the dll using REGSVR32. If you try it, make sure point 1 is also done.

I did step 1 but, I'm not sure how to do step 2...

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
          Dirk, I think you have me confused with someone else.
          Sorry my mistake, wires crossed w/ other user.

Comment

Two things,

Mark,

another point: the plug-in makes use of two other DLLs ..

• interop.ADODB.DLL
            • interop.UPNPLIB.DLL

the installer puts these two DLLs in the homeseer root directory.On My PC, I can also find them in the <hs root>\html\bin. I have the impression that once the DLLs are successfully registered with windows that HS moves them to this sub directory. See if you can find these file in those subdirectories. Try to manually register them using REGSVR32. Just type in a cmd window regsvr32 interop.ADODB.DLL etc. and then don't forget to invoke HSProtect.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              Mark,

another point: the plug-in makes use of two other DLLs ..

• interop.ADODB.DLL
              • interop.UPNPLIB.DLL

the installer puts these two DLLs in the homeseer root directory.On My PC, I can also find them in the <hs root>\html\bin. I have the impression that once the DLLs are successfully registered with windows that HS moves them to this sub directory. See if you can find these file in those subdirectories. Try to manually register them using REGSVR32. Just type in a cmd window regsvr32 interop.ADODB.DLL etc. and then don't forget to invoke HSProtect.

Dirk
              I figured out how to run that comand and got this message....hspi_sonoscontroller.dll was loaded but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found. the file cannot be registered.

Comment

I get this error in the startup log...11/12/2011 12:53:14 AM - Info - HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object

Comment

Originally posted by MStan View Post
                  I figured out how to run that comand and got this message....hspi_sonoscontroller.dll was loaded but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found. the file cannot be registered.
                  Two questions:

• Did you find all three DLL files in the homeseer root directory (ie the directory where the homeseer executable resides)? I think it is important that all three are there, if not copy them, the same for the <hsroot>\html\bin subdirectory, make sure all three DLLs are there, if not copy them.

• Did you try to register all three DLLs? If so do they all give the same error? If you Google the error, you'll find plenty of postings. The most interesting one is the following: "The error indicates that the DLL is either not a COM DLL (most likely) or it's corrupt. If it's not a COM DLL and not being used as a COM DLL by an application then there is no need to register it. It should either be placed in the application path or system path (such as the System32 folder in Windows)." I'm quite sure the plug-in DLL is not a COM DLL but one or both of the other ones might be .

One more thing I just thought about, there use to be a sonos script, is that by any chance installed/registered? If it is installed you may want to uninstall and/or deregister the Sonos-UPnP-Controller.wsc file that came with it.

Cheers,

Dirk

interesting link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249873

Comment

Two questions:

• Did you find all three DLL files in the homeseer root directory (ie the directory where the homeseer executable resides)? I think it is important that all three are there, if not copy them, the same for the <hsroot>\html\bin subdirectory, make sure all three DLLs are there, if not copy them.
                    • Did you try to register all three DLLs? If so do they all give the same error? If you Google the error, you'll find plenty of postings. The most interesting one is the following: "The error indicates that the DLL is either not a COM DLL (most likely) or it's corrupt. If it's not a COM DLL and not being used as a COM DLL by an application then there is no need to register it. It should either be placed in the application path or system path (such as the System32 folder in Windows)." I'm quite sure the plug-in DLL is not a COM DLL but one or both of the other ones might be .
                    One more thing I just thought about, there use to be a sonos script, is that by any chance installed/registered? If it is installed you may want to uninstall and/or deregister the Sonos-UPnP-Controller.wsc file that came with it.

Cheers,

Dirk

interesting link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249873
                    Hi yes all 3 files are in both locations...and I reg all three...still no luck..

Not sure where to go from here...

Can u check witk someone from HSeer to see what they think?

Thanks
                    Mark

Comment

Can u check witk someone from HSeer to see what they think?
                      Mark, I'll forward the error to the HS team see if they have some idea.
                      At one point you wrote that you only had .net 1.1 installed, was that correct? Does XPe allow you to look at installed SW like XP does? Does it have an option to activate window components. I also found this article on XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941206

By the way, when you tried to register the other 2 DLLs, did that succeed or did you get an error again?

Dirk

Comment

Mark, I'll forward the error to the HS team see if they have some idea.
                        At one point you wrote that you only had .net 1.1 installed, was that correct? Does XPe allow you to look at installed SW like XP does? Does it have an option to activate window components. I also found this article on XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941206

By the way, when you tried to register the other 2 DLLs, did that succeed or did you get an error again?

Dirk

I think Jon said it was .net ver 2.

Same Error when I tried to reg the other dlls.

Mark

Comment

No I cant add or remove windows programs...cause its XPe...I guess

Mark

Comment

No I cant add or remove windows programs...cause its XPe...I guess

Mark
                            You should put in a help desk ticket and see if they have updated the restore stick with the elements you need for this installation.

http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think this may be a lost cause. I seem to remember looking into UPNP when using my Hometroller 1. The UPNP components were not included in the XPe build that was compiled by Rich (HST). I think they rolled their own UPNP detection code for Homeseer.
                              Jon

Comment

Just sent email to Rich/Rick, see if they can provide some background color on this issue.
                                Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X